• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] im confused about mbti and socionics??

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok so as an intp is it possable to use the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function?iv read that it is part of the intp shadow functions but the mbti says it usualy emerges in stress ,so in stress could an intp be using the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function???please ease my frustration?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok so as an intp is it possable to use the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function?iv read that it is part of the intp shadow functions but the mbti says it usualy emerges in stress ,so in stress could an intp be using the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function???please ease my frustration?

I think Socionics was created to confuse people who understand MBTI - to throw them off.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
First of all according to MBTI INTP doesent use Ni as any sort of function, some MBTI spin offs do say that tho(like beebes typology for example), as does socionics.

According to jungian typology(from which MBTI, socionics etc were derived from) and MBTI there are 4 functions, T, F, N and S, introversion and extraversion of these functions are habitual ways of using those functions. In other words Ni and Ne are not 2 functions, but the function is N, and Ni and Ne are different habitual ways of using intuition. Ni users have a habitual way of using intuition as a means to abstract(remove irrelevant data from X to get to the underlying cause/answer/reason/whateverinquestionatthetime), while Ne users habitually use intuition to add and relate to something external and that way "see behind the scenes". INTPs have an abstract attitude towards thinking, which means that an INTP would first try to see all the possibilities using intuition and then remove what doesent make sense from thinking point of view.

I would suggest clicking the "read" text on my signature and start reading.