• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Most difficult type to diagnose?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I heard it is ENxP...is this true in your experience?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Diagnosing" a type, lol. Love it.

I think it depends on how much experience you have with particular types. It's not terribly hard for me to type people who are the same types as other people I know. But I have a hard time typing people who aren't. For example I'm pretty bad at typing SPs, for the most part.

Also I think it's hard to type female Thinkers and male Feelers, because oftentimes they're socialized to behave the opposite way.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Diagnosing" a type, lol. Love it.

I think it depends on how much experience you have with particular types. It's not terribly hard for me to type people who are the same types as other people I know. But I have a hard time typing people who aren't. For example I'm pretty bad at typing SPs, for the most part.

Also I think it's hard to type female Thinkers and male Feelers, because oftentimes they're socialized to behave the opposite way.

This. They're socialized to behave the opposite, and I think just express themselves differently.

I either suck at recognizing SP types, or I just really don't know any. :shrug:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This. They're socialized to behave the opposite, and I think just express themselves differently.
One of the things I think "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg describes very well, is the way that women often subconsciously notice what the consequences are for behaving in a stereotypically masculine way -- so they learn to "play the game" and get the same results with a more collaborative, diplomatic, humble, "feminine", and nonthreatening style. TBH I think some of the most obvious Thinkers, among women I know, are the ones who refuse, on principle, to "play the game" as much as their female peers.

(Edit: Plenty of Feeler women do the same thing w/r to "refusing to play the game" -- but the "game" I'm thinking of has a lot to do with dealing with people's feelings 24/7. Hard to explain.)

I either suck at recognizing SP types, or I just really don't know any. :shrug:
:laugh: I have exactly the same problem.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One of the things I think "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg describes very well, is the way that women often subconsciously notice what the consequences are for behaving in a stereotypically masculine way -- so they learn to "play the game" and get the same results with a more collaborative, diplomatic, humble, "feminine", and nonthreatening style. TBH I think some of the most obvious Thinkers, among women I know, are the ones who refuse, on principle, to "play the game" as much as their female peers.

(Edit: Plenty of Feeler women do the same thing w/r to "refusing to play the game" -- but the "game" I'm thinking of has a lot to do with dealing with people's feelings 24/7. Hard to explain.)

Interesting. I've never read that, but I think this is probably why a lot of people think I am a Thinker, rather than a Feeler. I talk about it quite a bit in my MBTI video.

I must just avoid the SP crowd. They have to exist!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Interesting. I've never read that, but I think this is probably why a lot of people think I am a Thinker, rather than a Feeler. I talk about it quite a bit in my MBTI video.

I must just avoid the SP crowd. They have to exist!

you two are such clones, it's not even funny. I told [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] her future. she knows what i'm talking about.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you two are such clones, it's not even funny. I told [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] her future. she knows what i'm talking about.
I disagree. It's pretty funny.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's pretty much hilarious. We even have similar hair and glasses. :laugh:

yeah because it's part of the sj takeover of the forum. i'm watching you
Hermione_Granger_poster.jpg
Hermione_Granger_poster.jpg

Be afraid.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Introverts since they don't show much to the outside world? Types that are quite different to your own, since you don't get that "like me" feeling? Types that you don't regularly hang out with, since you have less reference points?