• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Question for Ne doms

Ne doms how did people react to your genuine self as a kid?

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a weird, violent, preachy kid. I was also always told how smart I was but I was wasting my intellect being lazy. I got bored if a topic was ruminated on too much, and I would flip through the book. I still struggle with task completion to this day, but I am no longer violent and I am more open to new ideas. I also rely more on feedback to regulate my behavior. I break social rules all the time because I forget that just because something wouldn't bother me, it sometimes bothers others.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strange, weird, rude, clown..."how do you come up with this stuff?" "Why do you have to act like that?" "Why do you think about these things? Nobody else does?" "Can't you act less weird?" "Leave it to you to ___________ (unacceptable action)". I was strongly discouraged not to be myself...I keep running this scenario in my head of showing my real-self and someone looking and going, "Eww...oh my god...just, um, just put that away please. Do it now and don't ever show me something like that again."

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Y U TAG ME AINT NO NE DOM

Metis

ok so it's saying that ENxPs are often the most introverted of the extroverted types. so I have this theory that a lot of it may be because when they expressed themselves as kids got a lot of negative feed back when they said their thoughts. I don't mean like put the ne dom down on purpose but a lot of "that's random" or "where did that come from" i dunno what i'm trying to convey well i do but i can't properly. so how did people react to you when you were yourself as a kid? in a way that made you want to continue being yourself and continue to share your true thoughts. or in a way as such that though you weren't beaten with a bully stick (which is bull's testicles btw) it made you not confident in expressing yourself, out of fear of being ostracized or not liked.

I really don't know I am willing to be wrong or right or both

and do you find yourself to be more "introverted" than the average extrovert?

Oh and i tagged my friend's list because it was easier than thinking of every Ne dom on the forum. so stop asking why you're tagged if you're not Ne dom

That was my experience.

Like Kullervo, I hum to myself a lot, and I also talk to myself.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Both of my children are high Ne, and while it was rather difficult at times when they were very young, it's getting easier and frankly more entertaining as they develop into themselves. They are going on 7 and 9, and I truly think they are some of the most creative individuals I've ever known. My son (soon to be 7) is the most hilarious person, young or old, that I know - it's quite impressive, really, and also highly curious and intelligent. My daughter (soon to be 9) is fiery as all hell, but one of the most caring people I know and so expressive and artistic.

I had no support or outlets for expression as a child, and I think it affected my ability to have a stable sense of self. I want to save my children from that pain to whatever extent I can.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They didn't, they didn't even notice. That's why I have an avoidant personality. Wahh wahhh.

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I received some of both honestly.

My parents were always a bit puzzled and flabbergasted with me to tell the truth. But they never discouraged me from being myself and they always saw the good qualities I brought and believed in me when very few other people did.

Other adults often thought I was very bright and intelligent. I attribute it to being an only child, but I was much better at talking to grown ups than other kids. Some adults seemed to think I was an absolute horrible nutcase, but I think most found me cute and amusing at the very least.

Looking back, I really intimidated my peers with my Ne. Some of them did still like me as I was though, and I had friends. But I had trouble managing social navigation and was rejected and abandoned by the people I considered friends so many times that I became closed off.

I would say I am rather introverted for an extrovert. When I've asked the people I know well, it seems to be nearly a half and half split between what people guess I am. I do spend quite a bit of time alone, but I attribute that to my lifelong, voracious reading habits and prioritization of my work and education (I often find I work best when alone since there are less human distractions around).

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Having Ne is cool the problem is being bored by everything ... Basically my is life is finding ways to mantain My Ne Happy .
Even things that i enjoy tend to get bored until i know other things.

Actually getting the "Ne adrenaline rush" become harder and harder with more age and knowledge.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ok so it's saying that ENxPs are often the most introverted of the extroverted types. so I have this theory that a lot of it may be because when they expressed themselves as kids got a lot of negative feed back when they said their thoughts. I don't mean like put the ne dom down on purpose but a lot of "that's random" or "where did that come from" i dunno what i'm trying to convey well i do but i can't properly. so how did people react to you when you were yourself as a kid? in a way that made you want to continue being yourself and continue to share your true thoughts. or in a way as such that though you weren't beaten with a bully stick (which is bull's testicles btw) it made you not confident in expressing yourself, out of fear of being ostracized or not liked.

I really don't know I am willing to be wrong or right or both

and do you find yourself to be more "introverted" than the average extrovert?

Oh and i tagged my friend's list because it was easier than thinking of every Ne dom on the forum. so stop asking why you're tagged if you're not Ne dom

I think the reason that Ne dominants are the most "introverted extrovert" is because intuition, even in its objective form, is hard to see as being "external". You might think of an Ne dominant as being typically in their head, but it's that they're seeing the abstract features of the environment. So the problem is a tendency to not associate intuition with the environment.

Though, you are right to an extent in that Ne is probably also the extroverted function which is most likely to be invalidated by the environment, due to the way in which society tends to place emphasis on the concrete over the abstract, except in certain areas.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
My Ne manifested very early and most people were encouraging. The adults in my life were great about it. It's always nice to be told that you're creative, bright and funny.
But after I got bullied I began to think that people would find my 'real personality' too weird. I became very shy and concealed the Ne from everyone except trusted people. (In retrospect I think the bullies were actually jealous about the initial popularity that Ne gave me. Counter-intuitive, huh?)
In the past few years I've learned that most people do actually like my genuine self, so it's fine.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I'm not certain for being an Ne dom, but I'm quite certain it exists within my stack (somewhere)....Regarding I/E, I actually become very extroverted when spurting out humor, which mainly consists of word-play/puns and hypothetical situations. Yet when I delve deep into a problem and use creativity to devise a Novel solution, I am very introverted. I created multiple new theorems in the Mathematics department for fun, however, most (if not all) relations were already discovered. I'll have thoughts/questions randomly pop up within my mind, then analyze it depending on context. I also enjoy creating my own philosophical viewpoints/quotes, pondering about future scenarios (using past patterns), and even writing poetry...So, when Ti is coupled with Ne, introversion may tend to follow whereas if Ne is coupled with Fe (possibly with humor), then extroversion follows.

When I was a kid, I would annoy my family by asking a stream of continuous "why" questions. At my previous jobs, I was constantly criticized for my lack of attention to detail, mainly because I enjoyed sharing my thoughts/ideas once I had a knowledge base to derive new relations. I enjoy connecting with people (Fe) to gain further understanding in regards to questions, and expounding my own viewpoints in depth (Ti).