• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: A Jungian Cognitive Function Analysis By SimulatedWorld

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, I've just answered your other post.

I don't think anyone ever claimed J/P as "external behavior" was "Jungian". As for I/E being misunderstood and not splitting the attitudes from the functions, I addressed that in the other thread.

As for N/F "meanings", that was just my own way of distinguishing S and T as both dealing with "Facts". I know "meanings" may have been a rather weak term. You then throw the attitude into that, and there is so much cross-talk in these, like like "concrete/abstract" (can be S/N or i/e) or "subjective/objective" (can be either i/e or T/F). So yes an introverted function may be more into "meanings", since it involves an "internal model" of things, and thus extraversion may seem more factual. That basically parallels concrete/abstract in that respect. But Ne in some respects still deals in "meanings", ad Si in "facts".

How does "Ne" deal with "meanings"?
Meanings are surely, acts of judgment. Thinking and Feeling.

I won't address the rest, as it's going off-topic - my apologies if I was the cause of this diversion.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By meaning I was trying to say stuff like "big pictures", implications, inferences, etc., which Ne deals with. I was contrasting it with "facts", and trying to pair it with F, where the affect of things on our emotions, we speak of in terms of it "meaning" something to us. (and in that case, it is a judgment).
Again, probably poor term, made in passing.

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If you are an ENTP, the OP should have not meant anything unless it aligned with the other 20 versions of ENTP descriptions you have found. Research, knowledge, understanding, cynicism, and eternal optimism. If the best lawyer you ever met was also a freelance graphic artist, that's ENTP. If you don't know, now you know. If you did know, then, well you know.