• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ personality type descritpion

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'm more skeptical about judging by functions than judging by dichotomy. The difference of functions between INTJ and INTP seem to radical. If I judge a type by dichotomy instead, then it's understandable why INTJ's are the 'scientists'.

The dichotomies are supposed to be representative of the cognitive functions.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I'm more skeptical about judging by functions than judging by dichotomy. The difference of functions between INTJ and INTP seem to radical. If I judge a type by dichotomy instead, then it's understandable why INTJ's are the 'scientists'.

Unfortunately, this sounds somewhat vague: what do you mean by "judging by dichotomy"?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
So being Ni dominant means being crazy? I can see myself to almost everything you've wrote, but I'm really bothered by your description of Ni.

Now that I've explained the macabre-ness, I would like to know what resonated for you in the paragraph that I typed...

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
@Thisica

Apologies for my ambiguity. I meant if judged from E/I, S/N, F/T, and J/P. Also, my other post was referring to the OP and to not you.

@InvisibleJim

How the functions were derived is strange to me. I can easily understand how one can go from Judging to Perceiving, but from Ni to Ti? It's even more suspicious how the functions are arranged from dominant to inferior. Not that I expect the MBTI to be perfect, but the functions are the most faulty part of it in my opinion.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
@Thisica

Apologies for my ambiguity. I meant if judged from E/I, S/N, F/T, and J/P. Also, my other post was referring to the OP and to not you.

I didn't notice that :) Anyway, care to comment on what I typed?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
This one:

A lot of the article makes a lot of sense to me, though it does sound macabre at times...in fact, when I said to my brother, who is also NiTe, that the universe will end in heat death, he said, "You're more macabre than me!"

It's possibly because I don't like the fact that some things are out of my control that I ironically remind myself of that. Daily. Which is not good, since it prevents me from doing things. Or it could be because astronomy was my first 'love', and so find it hard to let go of that intellectual interest, despite my desire to return to more practical matters.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
As mentioned in my previous two profiles, I write about the unconscious tendencies of the type and not personality. Therefore here I do not wish to probe into how our local INTJs tend to behave, but explore the character of the INTJ thought. Here I am more concerned with the INTJ philosophy than with the INTJ behavior. Unconscious tendencies evinced should not be accepted as set in stone, they in themselves are malleable and adaptable. The examples I shall provide will only be a few cases in point for how such unconscious tendencies will manifest. They are not an end in themselves, but means to the end of grasping the archetypal quiddity of the aforementioned unconscious tendencies. What I shall provide is no more than cues and hints in regards to what the unconscious tendencies may be, I leave it up to my just reader to discern what the tendencies are--as I wish to inculcate no dogma.

SolitaryWalker...How can we find out unconscious tenancies, given the fact that by definition, they are not accessible to consciousness?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
SolitaryWalker...How can we find out unconscious tenancies, given the fact that by definition, they are not accessible to consciousness?

SolitaryWalker doesn't post here anymore, Thisica. Luckily, I had an extensive intellectual relationship with him before I left, so I'm intimately acquainted with his ideas.

He believes that consciously, people can shape themselves into whatever is beneficial to them, but that unconsciously, and in situations where there is no pressure to go against unconscious tendencies, the pattern will reveal itself in subtle tendencies. Many people do live in opposition to their own unconscious preferences, so he's basically saying that you can't rely on what's on the surface, but you have to watch entire PATTERNS of cognition over time in order to discern their real pattern of cognition.

I think that he might have a point, but I'm not certain that a person would be completely unconscious of their own preferences, unless they're completely incapable of introspection.

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
This one?
It's like as though 'our' type has a wonderful balance of abilities...How can such a combination exist in harmony? It's an internal explosion waiting to happen!
I have nothing much to say. It does make me wonder though.

wakeangel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm hypersensitive to everything.
Understanding this about myself, and learning not to fight myself being who I am has been key in figuring out WTF is going on in my brain.

It's a meeting of dualities. INTJ works with logic easily, but due to the high intuition / sensitivity - it's important to nurture both sides of myself. Logic works for some things. Feelings have to decide other things. Best option is combining the two with time and letting things play out on their own. Sometimes a decision isn't even necessary, especially when dealing with other people. Other times, I cut to the chase.

I'll openly admit being sensitive, and openly brag about how calloused I will be if you ever dare trying to play me for my weaknesses.