• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] I Would Appreciate Help Typing Myself

KnowethNotThyself

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hello! I've been involved in MBTI and Jungian Functions for about a year, today is the day I've joined this site. As suggested by my username, I tend to know more about the people around me then I can say of myself. My closest friend -- whom I consider to be family -- and my immediate family, regard my identity to be an enigma. No one really knows me, not even myself.

Anyhow, I'd really appreciate any help typing myself. I've narrowed it down to one type that rings true through-and-through, although I'd prefer to rationalize this conviction. Anyone who has knowledge-to-shed on typing oneself, please feel free to post on this thread. I'm unsure how effective answering questions would be; however, I'd appreciate all you'd have to offer, anything that you'd find that may help me understand my type or functions any more than I currently do.

I am very certain that my inferior function is Se, and my auxiliary function is Fe.
I am definitely an introvert; however, I can appear extroverted because I know how to make other people feel comfortable, welcome and project a gentle warmth to almost everyone I am around. I've been told that I radiate a calm, warm energy, and my smile is full of unconditional love.

The people closest to me, have also mentioned that I physically 'shut down' my emotions during intense moments and regard me as secretive. When I am in a position of vulnerability, I am stoic and cold, with no one able to 'read' me. I completely leave my body, lose my affect, and everything that I bottled-up becomes unreleased, taken inside myself to never see the light of day again.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I am very certain that my inferior function is Se, and my auxiliary function is Fe.
I am definitely an introvert; however, I can appear extroverted because I know how to make other people feel comfortable, welcome and project a gentle warmth to almost everyone I am around. I've been told that I radiate a calm, warm energy, and my smile is full of unconditional love.

When you say you're certain that Se is your inferior function, do you mean that it's weak, or do you somehow know that it's precisely in the 4th position? If you're as certain as you say you are, I don't know why you'd be asking this question in the first place, so you mustn't be too certain.*

Anyway, things like "[radiating] a calm, warm energy", and the emphasis on the word "appreciate" in the second paragraph sound Fi to me.

Also, as an INFJ, I can say that the only person's type who I can really claim to be "certain" about is my own, and if my self-typing were wrong, it would literally call into question every other typing I've made.

Plus, you've typed yourself as an INFj, which is Fi-Ne. There's debate about whether socionics and MBTI equate, but it's still an oddity in your self-typing.

If you could explain why you think you're Se inferior (4th position, or just a weak function?) and Fe auxiliary (2nd position?), then that would help.

I do have a type in mind, but more info would give additional grounds to establish a typing.

--

* sorry, I see that you did explain it. I missed that part.

You're looking for reinforcing arguments to your self typing, and further information on what it means to be that type (INFJ), rather than a typing, I gather? Well, I've written the post as a precursory type assessment anyway now.

(and straight up challenged your self-typing, admittedly)