User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

  1. #11
    Moderator Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you assuming that the various types are equally likely to frequent online forums, or forums oriented toward personality theories?
    Yeah, I can see that N’s might be more likely to frequent forums more than S’es.

    I can also see how that could be slightly less true since the internet has become a far nore invasive and nessecery part of lves.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

    "These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

  2. #12
    Cherish the joy Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    SJ= 40.5% of the population
    SP= 33% of the population
    NT= 12.5% of the population
    NF= 14% of the population
    I honestly question this. If so many are mistyped, then where did numbers for the whole population come from?

    I suppose people do their best with the information they have. They may be wrong, they may be right. The point is to keep learning until you no longer give a rip.
    Chase the adventure. Cherish the joy.


    Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.



    INTP 9w1 2w1 5w6 so/sx
    Likes Yuu, Zhaylin, RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

  3. #13
    Senior Member badatlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Mbti doesn't have any benefit to knowing. There's nothing useful about knowing your type-no room for self growth, real life application, improvement, it's just a badge of pride. You show off your type. This is unlike enneagram which is more in depth and significantly more individual. With integration/disintegration etc., it is much more of a tool for growth and really depends on getting your type right. It's also different from socionics which goes much deeper into the theory, and also has relationship compatibility, so again there's a lot more incentive to get your type right and extra benefits/applications.

    Basically, mbti is a dead end. Getting a type means nothing-there's no benefit to knowing other than to show it off. So people are much more likely to mistype because it doesn't matter. Socionics and enneagram are better tools and actually have deeper applications, so it's more important to type yourself properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you assuming that the various types are equally likely to frequent online forums, or forums oriented toward personality theories?
    You're making an assumption without any evidence, other than what other people type themselves which could be wrong.

  4. #14
    Senior Member mgbradsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    318

    Default

    I’d compare typing systems to religions. There are a lot of variations on the same theme: trying to understand who we are given our limited understanding of what causes that. Similar to religions, trying to understand the world around us given our limited understanding of how it came to be.

    I can’t say whether one system is more correct than others or does a better job of testing functions to give people a richer understanding of who they are. I’m not even sure it really matters. If an ESTJ wants to call themselves an INFP, who are we to say no? If it’s giving them an understanding of themselves they didn’t have before I think that’s probably a good thing. If it’s not, that’s on them. If it stinks as a system and doesn’t help anyone, no one will use it.

    As far as types on a typology forum, in my opinion you’ll get more introverted intuitives. It’s a medium that works well for us, maybe moreso than other types. I think because you have people self selecting to be here you’ll have a disproportionate number of certain types. Facebook on the other hand would be more likely to represent all of society and I’d imagine type percentages there would be reflective of the rest of the world.
    ”Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

  5. #15
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    24,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badatlife View Post
    Mbti doesn't have any benefit to knowing. There's nothing useful about knowing your type-no room for self growth, real life application, improvement, it's just a badge of pride. You show off your type. This is unlike enneagram which is more in depth and significantly more individual. With integration/disintegration etc., it is much more of a tool for growth and really depends on getting your type right. It's also different from socionics which goes much deeper into the theory, and also has relationship compatibility, so again there's a lot more incentive to get your type right and extra benefits/applications.

    Basically, mbti is a dead end. Getting a type means nothing-there's no benefit to knowing other than to show it off. So people are much more likely to mistype because it doesn't matter. Socionics and enneagram are better tools and actually have deeper applications, so it's more important to type yourself properly.


    You're making an assumption without any evidence, other than what other people type themselves which could be wrong.
    Actually, I was asking a question.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #16
    Moderator Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgbradsh View Post
    I’d compare typing systems to religions. There are a lot of variations on the same theme: trying to understand who we are given our limited understanding of what causes that. Similar to religions, trying to understand the world around us given our limited understanding of how it came to be.

    I can’t say whether one system is more correct than others or does a better job of testing functions to give people a richer understanding of who they are. I’m not even sure it really matters. If an ESTJ wants to call themselves an INFP, who are we to say no? If it’s giving them an understanding of themselves they didn’t have before I think that’s probably a good thing. If it’s not, that’s on them. If it stinks as a system and doesn’t help anyone, no one will use it.

    As far as types on a typology forum, in my opinion you’ll get more introverted intuitives. It’s a medium that works well for us, maybe moreso than other types. I think because you have people self selecting to be here you’ll have a disproportionate number of certain types. Facebook on the other hand would be more likely to represent all of society and I’d imagine type percentages there would be reflective of the rest of the world.
    It's funny because a large part of why I joined a forum for typology is because I assumed there would be a much greater of people.

    ...I got tired of the "nerdy fandom gaming forums full of " Intuitive Introverts" (and toxic AF nerds).

    The irony. Still, this place is a vast improvement.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

    "These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."
    Likes Tenebris liked this post

  7. #17
    A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so
    Posts
    11,932

    Default

    There aren't any good guys, and there aren't any bad guys.
    There's just us.
    People.
    Doing our best to get by.

    Likes Amberiat, Zhaylin liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO