• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraverted intuition

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
What is Extroverted intuition- extroverted intuition like extroverted sensing is influenced by things in the environment, what's happening in the persons environment at that time, it needs to be stimulated by external forces, it's an ideas oriented function. It's true that Ne types are great at brainstorming because they see so many sides of an issue and yes it is about possibilities and what if scenarios but their is more to it than that.

To give you an example- i was just making a sandwich and used butter as many people do, i might be thinking that this butter was a man in a past life, a crook maybe, some kind of cheat and he's been reincarnated as a chunk of butter. I might think what if i was a bitter women but if i wasn't so then i might picture a kind of 50 50 game between her and her opposite and if the bitter woman lost she would just be the other side of a coin, she's just waiting for her next chance, picturing her in an elevator.......it's much more fun and creative than it sounds.

Anyway. So with each spread that would represent each lie that he spread( obviously it would hurt), he might have been prejudiced against people of Asian descent so that's why god chose butter (no offense) the bitter woman might be waiting for her chance to shine but what if the the sun hits her and she shines but it bounces off her and hits someone else,she might say- i'm gonna sue you for my 15 seconds of fame, the world says 15 minutes, anyway it hits the other person so they shine......that's life, some people are lucky some are not What if it bounces off her and hits somebody and then it bounced off of them, everyone is competing for it- this is what life is, we all want luck or we to shine, i might picture a selfless world, where they're all going, no you take the it and the person throws it back, no you take it .. ......before that.my mind think of margarine which is not naturally yellow so that would create another thing, so i might have loads of creative ideas in a span of a few minutes or rather thinking about possibilities.

As you can see we don't filter incoming information, like calling people of Asian descent yellow, this is why Ne doms can come across as particularity offensive( witty) to non Ne types.

Lets look at a video example of that John Lennon( ENTP) 3.00- YouTube
That's an Ne type, it's s Ne in the way that's it's not related to anything visible, what he said was sparked from his surroundings but it wasn't related to anything visible.

Here is great example of that. Robin Williams( ENFP)
YouTube
10.21 when the lights appears, he thinks of something not visible, this is intuition, an Se type would comment on the light- this is bright.

Ne is creative ideas, Ne types see something in their environment and make a connection, they think about how it relates to something else not currently happening. Here is a great example at 6.40- YouTube

You see he seems something in his environment and then he's off, Ne is an ideas oriented function and Robin Williams is pure Ne.

I'm gonna make a post with video examples of the difference between Ne and Se and all of the functions soon, i just wanted to write this and keep it brief because i just had a conversation with somebody and i have the feeling that non Ne types don't understand it too well. The best thing to do is to just watch a Robin Williams interview

Lennon mentioned Tramps, while i was making my sandwich i looked out at the window at the trampoline and said the word in my head but i said Tramp, i then thought of a load of Tramps starting their own business selling trampolines and other stuff

I'll end it with a song which is pure Ne, songs are great for communicating- YouTube