• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who believes the world is conspiring for us?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
A friend of mine (enfp) a while back mentioned that I need to open up to mysticism, and then claimed that the world is conspiring for us. He said the forces of nature are working together to propel our life forward. I was wondering if any of you share the same belief and why? Also, would this be common among Ne dominants?....it seems more related to Ni IMO.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like the concept of manifestation

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A friend of mine (enfp) a while back mentioned that I need to open up to mysticism, and then claimed that the world is conspiring for us. He said the forces of nature are working together to propel our life forward. I was wondering if any of you share the same belief and why? Also, would this be common among Ne dominants?....it seems more related to Ni IMO.

I have considered the concept that humans are very unique, but I think its also a bit arrogant. Human perspective can really be anything. Your brain is great at confirming its own perspective and seeing those patterns everywhere. Your perspective changes your reality.

The difference between heaven and hell is what angle you look at it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like baloney to me.

rav3n

IMO, the world doesn't really care enough to conspire since most people are focused on their own lives. Relative to forces of nature, humankind has learned to control the environment to the degree that nature doesn't often factor enough to conspire for or against us. Of course there are uncontrollable events like weather but most often, we hide in our shelters sufficient that the weather doesn't impact.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the world is entirely neutral to what happens to us.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I think the world is entirely neutral to what happens to us.

Yes...Each event is dictated by the degree of overlap in respect to our domain...It's analogous to set theory, except our domain is a three dimensional transient function that expands over time. The higher the degree of overlap, the higher the probability such an event will occur wherein separate events are interconnected.

Mole

Permabanned

A book has an author, so for the literate the universe has an author, an authority.

Our three major religions are called 'religions of the book'.

This is called sympathetic magic and is part of magical thinking.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
It isn't function related. Like..at all. It's just a belief. The only source I've read that would come remotely close was by Dr. A.J. Drenth--whose book ("My True Type") I don't consider to be a reliable resource. He said Ne has a more mystical flavor because it is making connections in external phenomenon rather than internal subconscious phenomenon. I don't think any of this should be associated with functions because to me it just seems like magical thinking also.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Magical thinking. We have a way of seeing actions as predestined, when hindsight comes into play.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, we are an extension or manifestation of the universe, so I suppose the argument could be made that as a part of the living earth, we do play some part in conspiring for our benefit, although I don't think everything humanity does is necessarily in our best interests. This view doesn't really work for some people though, because some will see humans more like islands independent from the earth, although I think that's false, since Islands, despite seeming isolated and unimpacted by events on other islands, are part of the greater environment and are always affected in some form by happenings elsewhere.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

It isn't function related. Like..at all. It's just a belief. The only source I've read that would come remotely close was by Dr. A.J. Drenth--whose book ("My True Type") I don't consider to be a reliable resource. He said Ne has a more mystical flavor because it is making connections in external phenomenon rather than internal subconscious phenomenon. I don't think any of this should be associated with functions because to me it just seems like magical thinking also.

Makes sense....Not all types are confined to some bubble indefinitely. Some types may have more propensity to believe certain phenomenna like inferior Ni being superstitious, but it's not always the case.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Makes sense....Not all types are confined to some bubble indefinitely. Some types may have more propensity to believe certain phenomenna like inferior Ni being superstitious, but it's not always the case.
I get it, but this is the sort of thing I'd want functions to be scientifically proven for before even bothering, otherwise you're potentially just magically thinking about other magical thinking.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

I get it, but this is the sort of thing I'd want functions to be scientifically proven for before even bothering, otherwise you're potentially just magically thinking about other magical thinking.

Well I don't believe the world is conspiring for us...When I state being related, it does not necessitate a complete truth....

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Well I don't believe the world is conspiring for us...When I state being related, it does not necessitate a complete truth....
No worries, it was transparent from the beginning that we weren't discussing whether that was true. If I thought otherwise then my response would have been much different since I'm opposed to the concept.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Magical thinking. We have a way of seeing actions as predestined, when hindsight comes into play.

Ah yes, our beautiful pattern-seeking brains, and incredible ego in thinking that the universe revolves around us and our needs, that something so inanimate as a storm could be given names, given meaning.

And re: OP- 'Belief'?
No.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

No worries, it was transparent from the beginning that we weren't discussing whether that was true. If I thought otherwise then my response would have been much different since I'm opposed to the concept.

No problem....From what I understand, you just wanted to emphasize that subjective inferences such as "superstition correlates with inferior Ni" should be taken with a grain of salt until proven otherwise....Yet, the claim can't be proven since it's just a generalization (true for a subset of cases)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
IMO, the world doesn't really care enough to conspire since most people are focused on their own lives. Relative to forces of nature, humankind has learned to control the environment to the degree that nature doesn't often factor enough to conspire for or against us. Of course there are uncontrollable events like weather but most often, we hide in our shelters sufficient that the weather doesn't impact.

You're not getting it. You're leaving out the factor of spirituality/connectedness.

There are positive forces conspiring for us, and negative forces conspiring against us. Ultimately, in my belief system at least, the positive forces will win out.

rav3n

You're not getting it. You're leaving out the factor of spirituality/connectedness.

There are positive forces conspiring for us, and negative forces conspiring against us. Ultimately, in my belief system at least, the positive forces will win out.
Oh, I get it but don't believe in that factor.