User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SINE

Default MBTI type and Success

I have been pondering lately about our potential for success. One of my friends (supposedly enfp) was mentioning that life seems to conspire for us such that certain opportunities arise out of mystic forces...He came up with the assertion based on a past memory of passing a Engineering firm that caused a positive vibe/feeling. He later received a job offer to the exact same firm, which he never realized until he passed the building once more. I thought about the following conjecture to explain this phenomena....
    There exists a maximum potential that is a function of space and time, which is essentially unattainable. The maximum potential is defined on the basis of perfection.....meaning every such move in life in which we pursue is ideal. We are imperfect, so our life consists of a series of ups and downs. Now, we also create a global area of possibilities to be unlocked depending on our directed paths...If we confine ourselves globally, then the number of possibilities is greatly reduced. Thus, to unlock more possibilities in global space, we must diverge from our current domain. Otherwise, the limitation of possibilities within our current domain will hinder success. Therefore, my friend was able to attain this opportunity because he branched outward on multiple paths which coincided with the possibility leading to success. There may have existed other paths that would have lead to the same destination. However, had he confined himself in space, the opportunity likely wouldn't have opened.

Short story long....How does each function assist with the attainment of success?
    Likes Betty Blue liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

For one, I think each might define success currently. For Fi, it would have to do with reaching or maintaining certain values. For Ne, it might be exploring possibilities. Etc.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★・゚ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ・゚ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ・゚ ᴛʜᴇ ・゚ᴇᴇʟꜱ・゚★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes hurl3y4456, highlander liked this post

Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Short story long....How does each function assist with the attainment of success?
    It actually pans out as expected.

Average annual income stats show that ExTJs rank first while IxxPs end up last, and it's anything but surprising that ESFJs are most content at work.
    Likes Betty Blue, ducks liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    I have been pondering lately about our potential for success. One of my friends (supposedly enfp) was mentioning that life seems to conspire for us such that certain opportunities arise out of mystic forces...He came up with the assertion based on a past memory of passing a Engineering firm that caused a positive vibe/feeling. He later received a job offer to the exact same firm, which he never realized until he passed the building once more. I thought about the following conjecture to explain this phenomena....
    There exists a maximum potential that is a function of space and time, which is essentially unattainable. The maximum potential is defined on the basis of perfection.....meaning every such move in life in which we pursue is ideal. We are imperfect, so our life consists of a series of ups and downs. Now, we also create a global area of possibilities to be unlocked depending on our directed paths...If we confine ourselves globally, then the number of possibilities is greatly reduced. Thus, to unlock more possibilities in global space, we must diverge from our current domain. Otherwise, the limitation of possibilities within our current domain will hinder success. Therefore, my friend was able to attain this opportunity because he branched outward on multiple paths which coincided with the possibility leading to success. There may have existed other paths that would have lead to the same destination. However, had he confined himself in space, the opportunity likely wouldn't have opened.

I think you are addressing two different points here, the first seems more philosophical, the second more directed.

Though I do like the first part best. I also think that when we focus our energies on attaining our goals, even by pure visualisation techniques it unlocks other parts of ourselves willing to see beyond the normal realms and also gives us a boost.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes hurl3y4456 liked this post

The business of America is business, so to succeed in America it is advantageous to join a business cult like mbti.

By putting four mbti letters after our name shows our sincerity in wanting to succeed in America.

Permabanned

Hey Mole, I appreciate your skepticism and criticality towards MBTI (and I know you probably don't care about that either), but is that all you see towards Jung's analytical psychology? It's extremely biased to only be critical is all I'm getting at...maybe this belongs in another thread though. Or maybe your fault is only with MBTI (not sure).

Anyway, as somebody that's been heavily into psychology and philosophy (probably cause I'm a little crazy, as the saying goes...), I've really come to appreciate the wisdom that Jung conceived of in his 8 function types, which were based on philosophical extremes, an understanding of objective and subjective orientations in thought, as well as his rationality and irrationality as cognitive balances, and how duality of functions can show biases and pathologies and a framework for pathology and differentiation and getting a better idea of the self (which is pretty different than the cult-like descriptions and prescriptions of MBTI types). But Jung wasn't about all that, which you may know. But most people haven't bothered to read any of the background information he wrote to understand what he was getting at in his 8 function descriptions; and maybe that's his fault.

But so I'm just wondering, what is your stance on Jung? Do you think he was just creating a cult of mind?

Quote Originally Posted by ducks View Post
    Hey Mole, I appreciate your skepticism and criticality towards MBTI (and I know you probably don't care about that either), but is that all you see towards Jung's analytical psychology? It's extremely biased to only be critical is all I'm getting at...maybe this belongs in another thread though. Or maybe your fault is only with MBTI (not sure). Anyway, as somebody that's been heavily into psychology and philosophy (probably cause I'm a little crazy, as the saying goes...), I've really come to appreciate the wisdom that Jung conceived of in his 8 function types, which were based on philosophical extremes, an understanding of objective and subjective orientations in thought, as well as his rationality and irrationality as cognitive balances, and how duality of functions can show biases and pathologies and a framework for pathology and differentiation and getting a better idea of the self (which is pretty different than the cult-like descriptions and prescriptions of MBTI types). But Jung wasn't about all that, which you may know. But most people haven't bothered to read any of the background information he wrote to understand what he was getting at in his 8 function descriptions; and maybe that's his fault. But so I'm just wondering, what is your stance on Jung? Do you think he was just creating a cult of mind?
    Carl Jung failed his Psychoanalytic Training with Dr Sigmund Freud because Jung suffered from a psychosis.

As a result Jung transferred his father fixation from Freud to the Fuhrer and started his own religion, which has been taken up by the New Age and American business.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The business of America is business, so to succeed in America it is advantageous to join a business cult like mbti.

By putting four mbti letters after our name shows our sincerity in wanting to succeed in America.
    I live in the third world. Here there's no business, and even less success. Still, I like the four letters, the cult and shit. If you hate MBTI so much, if you hate Jung so much too, WHY do you keep posting on a forum that focus, like, 60% of the time on MBTI/Jung's functions? Isn't there any "I <3 FREUD!!!!" forum on the internet full with individuals as psychologically advanced as you that you can join?

Anyway, have a great day, Mole.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"
    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].

All relative to your definition of success. As hard as it may be to believe, not all people view having money and masters degrees as measurements of success. That’s the advertised measure of it. That’s what a society obsessed with bragging rights and money tells you is success. What if you measure success through deeds that don’t have to do with acquiring wealth or power? What if you measure it through living a life being as true to yourself as possible? What if on your deathbed you don’t look back on your life in terms of how many toys you’re dying with? What if instead you view your existence in terms of how many people you have helped through human interaction? No set of statistics are going to quantify these things.

If a fair number of say INFPs are dissatisfied with life could it be because their goals and dreams don’t match those touted by the system in which they live? I’m surrounded by people that don’t value what I value and my ‘success’ is judged by people with a very different concept of what success means. That environment might just lead to certain types feeling unfulfilled. To feel like you’re playing a game that you have no interest in playing and that you don’t see as worth winning because the prize at the end doesn’t interest you. I see humanity as being trapped in a maze where you can see there is an existence beyond it but people insist living in the maze is the way to live.

TL;DR Success is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtart View Post
    I live in the third world. Here there's no business, and even less success. Still, I like the four letters, the cult and shit. If you hate MBTI so much, if you hate Jung so much too, WHY do you keep posting on a forum that focus, like, 60% of the time on MBTI/Jung's functions? Isn't there any "Ip
    I understand critical thinking causes you the emotional pain of cognitive dissonance, and the Third World lacks critical thinking., and so remains the Third World.