• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type and Success

Drapeaux

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Ne: Success in creative endeavors
Se: Success in physical endeavors
Fe: Success in social endeavors
Te: Success in business endeavors
Ni: Success in philosophical endeavors
Si: Success in management endeavors
Fi: Success in emotional endeavors
Ti: Success in mathematical endeavors

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mbti is specifically designed for business use. It is designed for business success.

I don't think MBTI helps businesses succeed. I think personality tests should be banned for business use, especially during the hiring process. People will just say what the employers want them to hear.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't think MBTI helps businesses succeed. I think personality tests should be banned for business use, especially during the hiring process. People will just say what the employers want them to hear.

Mbti has been bought by business from the very beginning. The first sale of mbti about 70 years ago was to the CIA of the USA, and almost all Fortune 500 companies have bought mbti.

Our original and genuine name is MBTI Central . But we were threatened by the business of mbti with legal action unless we changed our business name to Typology Central.

So not only are we deceptive we have no iintegrity.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Mbti has been bought by business from the very beginning. The first sale of mbti about 70 years ago was to the CIA of the USA, and almost all Fortune 500 companies have bought mbti.

Our original and genuine name is MBTI Central . But we were threatened by the business of mbti with legal action unless we changed our business name to Typology Central.

So not only are we deceptive we have no iintegrity.

Could you please clarify something: are you a critic of psychological typing in general, or just MBTI?

Mole

Permabanned
Could you please clarify something: are you a critic of psychological typing in general, or just MBTI?

I support the professional administration of valid and reliable psychometric tests and their interpretation,

I find astrology and mbti risible.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I support the professional administration of valid and reliable psychometric tests and their interpretation,

I find astrology and mbti risible.

Well, on here we discuss psychological typing, particular the form which has the sort of structure that is spoken of in MBTI.

My goal is to determine the degree to which these 16 types do apply to a person, and I have found that there this a decent degree of truth to it.

The truth is more complex than it is often stated as, but the concept of interpreting a person through 8 cognitive functions is not without merit and not without limitation.

--

Typology uses discrete categories/elements of cognition, and Big 5 uses continuous elements. I prefer starting with a discrete approach because continuity can easily be added to a discrete structure, but a discrete structure is harder to add to a continuous model.

However, despite using discrete categories when discussing the brain ("neo-cortex" etc.), academia has not accepted the use of discrete categories when they are defined more abstractly - not because they are invalid, but because of I don't really know why.

Mole

Permabanned
Well, on here we discuss psychological typing, particular the form which has the sort of structure that is spoken of in MBTI. My goal is to determine the degree to which these 16 types do apply to a person, and I have found that there this a decent degree of truth to it. The truth is more complex than it is often stated as, but the concept of interpreting a person through 8 cognitive functions is not without merit and not without limitation. -- Typology uses discrete categories/elements of cognition, and Big 5 uses continuous elements. I prefer starting with a discrete approach because continuity can easily be added to a discrete structure, but a discrete structure is harder to add to a continuous model. However, despite using discrete categories when discussing the brain ("neo-cortex" etc.), academia has not accepted the use of discrete categories when they are defined more abstractly - not because they are invalid, but because of I don't really know why.

Why did we change our business name from Mbti Central to Typology Central?

Perhaps we are being taken for a ride.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Why did we change our business name from Mbti Central to Typology Central?

Perhaps we are being taken for a ride.

I can't ascertain your meaning here.

You said it was something regarding legal action.

But I think it was the right move regardless because MBTI is just one approach to typology, with typology being one approach to psychology.

Mole

Permabanned
I can't ascertain your meaning here. You said it was something regarding legal action. But I think it was the right move regardless because MBTI is just one approach to typology, with typology being one approach to psychology.

This is startlingly untrue. Typology is the study of types, all types not just psychological types.

And we changed our business name under legal duress. We were forced to betray our beliefs by business.

Typology is our fake name, just as mbti is fake psychometrics, and the 16 types are fake personalities, as fake as astrology.

I do understand we have it made in American business when we can fake sincerity.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJs tend to be most successful because they are mostly enneagram 3s not 8s despite popular belief. Enneagram 3 men often love the image of being 8s.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENTJs tend to be most successful because they are mostly enneagram 3s not 8s despite popular belief. Enneagram 3 men often love the image of being 8s.

I think ENTJ 3w2 so/sp is the most powerful type. Extraordinary result oriented strategist and silver tongue politician who use everything and everyone as his pawns.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
This is startlingly untrue. Typology is the study of types, all types not just psychological types.

And we changed our business name under legal duress. We were forced to betray our beliefs by business.

Typology is our fake name, just as mbti is fake psychometrics, and the 16 types are fake personalities, as fake as astrology.

I do understand we have it made in American business when we can fake sincerity.

I meant typology as a shorthand for psychological typology, which I gather is the context in which "typology" in "typology central" is to be interpreted. So context is important regarding which sense of the word is being used.

I've seen a few people on this site speak of empirical validity of the MBTI instrument, so I wouldn't say it's "fake" psychometrics. Though I can't elaborate much on that, because that's not the approach I take to it.

The 16 types approach to psychological typing tends to basically say that: a significant portion of cognition can be divided into 8 cognitive functions which relate to each other, and these cognitive functions have a tendency to organise themselves in a particular hierarchical structure.

Through an attempt to understand myself and others, I have found these premises to be rather useful in modelling what is going on regarding thought processes.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENTJ 3w2 so/sp is the most powerful type. Extraordinary result oriented strategist and silver tongue politician who use everything and everyone as his pawns.

I have a cousin that is that combo and he is a tough act to follow.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

You really think that employers are that dumb ? The test will tell them what the person thinks it should tell them. :whistling:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te first and Fe second are the best functions for success. Most concepts of success are baed on external structures and those are the two functions that can best interpret what the hell that means.