• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type and Success

Mole

Permabanned
Buddy. How do you know YOU are in touch with "reality"?

Psychiatrists aren't interested in you so much as your money. And they feed you things to make you dependent. Sometimes it's drugs. Sometimes it's lies.

I know I am in touch with reality because I reality test my ideas and practices, I practise critical thinking, I invite others to critique my ideas, I practise the scientific method of evidence and reason.

Scientologists are opposed to drugs and psychiatry, but believe in aliens.

Those with a psychosis are deeply suffering and deserve our support and help, but they are not good role models.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
All relative to your definition of success. As hard as it may be to believe, not all people view having money and masters degrees as measurements of success. That’s the advertised measure of it. That’s what a society obsessed with bragging rights and money tells you is success. What if you measure success through deeds that don’t have to do with acquiring wealth or power? What if you measure it through living a life being as true to yourself as possible? What if on your deathbed you don’t look back on your life in terms of how many toys you’re dying with? What if instead you view your existence in terms of how many people you have helped through human interaction? No set of statistics are going to quantify these things.

If a fair number of say INFPs are dissatisfied with life could it be because their goals and dreams don’t match those touted by the system in which they live? I’m surrounded by people that don’t value what I value and my ‘success’ is judged by people with a very different concept of what success means. That environment might just lead to certain types feeling unfulfilled. To feel like you’re playing a game that you have no interest in playing and that you don’t see as worth winning because the prize at the end doesn’t interest you. I see humanity as being trapped in a maze where you can see there is an existence beyond it but people insist living in the maze is the way to live.

TL;DR Success is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree...We spend our early years shaping our identity according to witnessed events. Based on our personality/genetics, we are shaped uniquely over time regardless of the path that we follow. Now, there exists multiple potential paths in global space that will lead to fulfillment which is dictated by our identity (personality, interests, strengths, weaknesses, exc). Call this region zone of fulfillment/satisfaction. There will also exists paths which will drag us away from fulfillment (= zone of dissatisfaction) The further we diverge from our identity, the greater the likelihood of falling into the zone of dissatisfaction. Thus, to be truly satisfied, we must not create a false identity/image of our-self because doing so causes us to align on paths that may be favorable for some other person x.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have noticed when the religious lose the argument, they attack emotionally with 'love'.

What argument? I asked YOU a question that you did not answered, you just randomly said that I lacked critical thinking. Also I'm not religious, admiring the work of one person don't make you a worshiper, by the way.

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Each function would have its own definition of what success means, and these definitions would most likely be associated with similar values, priorities, and goals in life, according to each function. The notion that to be successful one must acquire power and wealth is constantly being fed to us, and, even though this is not what a lot of people would naturally want to strive for in life, it is difficult to free oneself from this social pressure. But no, success is not the same thing as power and money, not for everyone. Knowing what success means for certain groups of people based on their main function would give us an idea of what has the most probable chance of bringing them a sense of fulfillment and/or of being successful.

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I understand critical thinking causes you the emotional pain of cognitive dissonance, and the Third World lacks critical thinking., and so remains the Third World.

Being from the third world doesn't mean not having critical thinking. The place of birth of someone doesn't necessarily dictate that.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Each function would have its own definition of what success means, and these definitions would most likely be associated with similar values, priorities, and goals in life, according to each function. The notion that to be successful one must acquire power and wealth is constantly being fed to us, and, even though this is not what a lot of people would naturally want to strive for in life, it is difficult to free oneself from this social pressure. But no, success is not the same thing as power and money, not for everyone. Knowing what success means for certain groups of people based on their main function would give us an idea of what has the most probable chance of bringing them a sense of fulfillment and/or of being successful.

True....To be successful you have to solve a particular problem or overcome some form of adversity to propel forward. The nature of the problem doesn't matter, however, what matters is how much value it brings you. The main point I was trying to make is that one must branch outward and expand their domain (= defined space on xyz plane) to yield possibilities for success to be fostered.

Mole

Permabanned
W
Being from the third world doesn't mean not having critical thinking. The place of birth of someone doesn't necessarily dictate that.

Critical thinking is higher order thinking. Critical thinking is not taught in Primary School, it is not taught in Secondary School, it is taught only at the University level, and only at the best Universities.

Thr Third World is noted for not only its lack of literacy but also for its lack of Universities.

Critical thinking requires literacy and emotional balance, because critical thinking causes cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful.

And so naturally the Third World hates critical thinking and critical thinkers. Just today we have a critical thinker escaping from Saudi Arabia, with her life, in order to think freely in Canada.

And mbti is like the Third World in the hatred of critical thinking and critical thinkers.

Mole

Permabanned
What argument? I asked YOU a question that you did not answered, you just randomly said that I lacked critical thinking. Also I'm not religious, admiring the work of one person don't make you a worshiper, by the way.

We become what we worship, and here we see the worship of Carl Jung. I find it hard to imagine a worse role model.

raskol

We become what we worship, and here we see the worship of Carl Jung. I find it hard to imagine a worse role model.
Let's get this straight, the Jungian corpus BTFO's Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.?

I just have one thing to say about that:
Whatever it is you're on, I want some.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm just a broke loser, if one day a work of mine gets a reputation comparable to Jung's legacy, I will be quite glad. rofl.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm just a broke loser, if one day a work of mine gets a reputation comparable to Jung's legacy, I will be quite glad. rofl.

Carl Jung transferred his father fixation from Dr Sigmund Freud to the Fuhrer. So Jung worshipped the Fuhrer. And we worship Carl Jung.

Mole

Permabanned

Americans hate losers, whereas we love losers. Being born in Oz is like winning the lottery of life.

Mole

Permabanned
Let's get this straight, the Jungian corpus BTFO's Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.? I just have one thing to say about that: Whatever it is you're on, I want some.

I am only intoxicated by thinking.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
It's all about balancing our energy. If you want to delve into typology and learn about the processes the differentiate our personality, then there is no problem so long that it doesn't overrule our life (addiction/obsession). Otherwise, it will control some of our thoughts and behaviors (=projection of self image). I like to think that we exist within a domain of real events (analogous to Mathematics...i.e: set of all real numbers). The domain consists of all events that are preceding the future, and is expansive depending on the rate of change of the future. To attain success, we must expand our domain, which is a subset of the domain of all real events. By doing so, we adapt to new situations and attain more possibilities/opportunities to achieve success from a subjective viewpoint.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Carl Jung transferred his father fixation from Dr Sigmund Freud to the Fuhrer. So Jung worshipped the Fuhrer. And we worship Carl Jung.

That could be translated to multiple avenues such as social media....The virtue of moderation eliminates an imbalance.

raskol

I am only intoxicated by thinking.
Sure, but I hope you are not intoxicated to the point where material reality dissipates, as I have a bone to pick with you. (Save the glue for a sunny day.)

I wonder whether you have anything to say about the tested correlations and their predictive value. Can you accept a superficial role for MBTI, i.e., as a determinant for success, careerism, and conformity?

Mole

Permabanned
Sure, but I hope you are not intoxicated to the point where material reality dissipates, as I have a bone to pick with you. (Save the glue for a sunny day.) I wonder whether you have anything to say about the tested correlations and their predictive value. Can you accept a superficial role for MBTI, i.e., as a determinant for success, careerism, and conformity?
Yes mbti has been highly successful across the world for more than 70 years. The success of mbti follows the outstanding success of the USA economy. This is the performance we would expect from an American business cult.

Mole

Permabanned
Sure, but I hope you are not intoxicated to the point where material reality dissipates, as I have a bone to pick with you. (Save the glue for a sunny day.) I wonder whether you have anything to say about the tested correlations and their predictive value. Can you accept a superficial role for MBTI, i.e., as a determinant for success, careerism, and conformity?
Mbti creates a higher income, not because it is a valid personality test, but because it is a business cult

raskol

Yes mbti has been highly successful across the world for more than 70 years. The success of mbti follows the outstanding success of the USA economy. This is the performance we would expect from an American business cult.
We're making progress here, agreeing on basic premises and whatnot. But let's push things forward from that static, defeatist position.

You see, if we can grant that MBTI is predictive of careerist and conformist approaches, then why not pry into the crevices and make use of the overlooked connections pertaining to individualistic, creative, and nonconformist features?

Mole

Permabanned
We're making progress here, agreeing on basic premises and whatnot. But let's push things forward from that static, defeatist position. You see, if we can grant that MBTI is predictive of careerist and conformist approaches, then why not pry into the crevices and make use of the overlooked connections pertaining to individualistic, creative, and nonconformist features?

Because mbti is not a personality test. If we are interested in having our personality tested, we pay a qualified Psychometrician to apply and interpret the results.

If we choose mbti, we choose it as a matter of faith, quite like astrology.