• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type and Success

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Islam rejects Ancient Greece as infidel. And because the Renaissance and the Enlightenment arr based on Ancient Greece, Isam rejects the Western Enlightenment as infidel.

In order to show bona fide do read "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
I have read this. It is a good demonstration of how the worst things we associate with Islam come not from the faith itself, but from the preexisting culture in the part of the world where Islam originated. Islam was actually an improvement on that, though has not kept pace with the modern world. Progressives/reformers within Islam are trying to change that, much as reformers have changed Christianity over the years.

Critical thinking is higher order thinking. Critical thinking is not taught in Primary School, it is not taught in Secondary School, it is taught only at the University level, and only at the best Universities.
If this is true, we are seriously out of luck given the large percentage of the population, even in the first world, who do not attend university. Fortunately critical thinking is a human skill that predated the existence of formal education entirely. Associating it with only the pinnacle of educational institutions simply gives everyone else license to neglect its appliciation, to everyone's detriment. Critical thinking can and should be taught as soon as a child is able to grasp simple cause and effect relationships.

Mole

Permabanned
I have read this. It is a good demonstration of how the worst things we associate with Islam come not from the faith itself, but from the preexisting culture in the part of the world where Islam originated. Islam was actually an improvement on that, though has not kept pace with the modern world. Progressives/reformers within Islam are trying to change that, much as reformers have changed Christianity over the years. If this is true, we are seriously out of luck given the large percentage of the population, even in the first world, who do not attend university. Fortunately critical thinking is a human skill that predated the existence of formal education entirely. Associating it with only the pinnacle of educational institutions simply gives everyone else license to neglect its appliciation, to everyone's detriment. Critical thinking can and should be taught as soon as a child is able to grasp simple cause and effect relationships.

We do find it hard to face that Islam is s violent political religion.

Just yesterday Islam bombed a cathedral in the Philippines while we were praying inside. Then viciously Islam bombed those helping the wounded and dying.

We are reasonably afraid of Islam but can't publicly admit it.

Mole

Permabanned
I have read this. It is a good demonstration of how the worst things we associate with Islam come not from the faith itself, but from the preexisting culture in the part of the world where Islam originated. Islam was actually an improvement on that, though has not kept pace with the modern world. Progressives/reformers within Islam are trying to change that, much as reformers have changed Christianity over the years. If this is true, we are seriously out of luck given the large percentage of the population, even in the first world, who do not attend university. Fortunately critical thinking is a human skill that predated the existence of formal education entirely. Associating it with only the pinnacle of educational institutions simply gives everyone else license to neglect its appliciation, to everyone's detriment. Critical thinking can and should be taught as soon as a child is able to grasp simple cause and effect relationships.

Children are entrancing because they are entranced, and delightful as they are, it will be 22 years before their brains are fully grown, And only whey our brain is fully grown do we have the faculty of critical thinking.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We do find it hard to face that Islam is s violent political religion.

Just yesterday Islam bombed a cathedral in the Philippines while we were praying inside. Then viciously Islam bombed those helping the wounded and dying.

We are reasonably afraid of Islam but can't publicly admit it.
Humans committed these crimes, not a religion. Perhaps you are finding it hard to face the fact that humans can be violent. They can also be compassionate and heroic. Religion, owing to its nature, can bring out both sides - the best and the worst in us. Plenty of crimes have been committed in the name of Christianity. Islam is hardly unique in providing fodder for criminals trying to justify their actions.

Children are entrancing because they are entranced, and delightful as they are, it will be 22 years before their brains are fully grown, And only whey our brain is fully grown do we have the faculty of critical thinking.
We will have it then only if we have developed it while younger. Children are already infantilized for far too long. Denying their ability to learn this valuable skill helps no one.

Mole

Permabanned
RWe
Humans committed these crimes, not a religion. Perhaps you are finding it hard to face the fact that humans can be violent. They can also be compassionate and heroic. Religion, owing to its nature, can bring out both sides - the best and the worst in us. Plenty of bucrimes have been committed in the name of Christianity. Islam is hardly unique in providing fodder for criminals trying to justify their actions. We will have it then only if we have developed it while younger. Children are already infantilized for far too long. Denying their ability to learn this valuable skill helps no one.

For critical thinking our brain needs to be fully grown at about 22 years, But this is not enough, we then need to learn how to think critically. This is done at the tertiary level of education, and it is not easy intellectually, emotionally, and socially.

It is not for the faint hearted,

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
RWe

For critical thinking our brain needs to be fully grown at about 22 years, But this is not enough, we then need to learn how to think critically. This is done at the tertiary level of education, and it is not easy intellectually, emotionally, and socially.

I wonder how it can be developed in a way that affects the majority of the population?

After all it would seem to be a useful faculty to develop for obvious reasons. Otherwise it's empty proselytising.

Certainly a huge upheaval in the various educational systems that exist, would be a start.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RWe

Then you must be operating on some very narrow or specialized definition of critical thinking. I routinely see and encourage it in much younger people. I know I demonstrated much more of it even at the age of 10 than many adults around me. Children must be trained from a young age to develop these skills, or by age 22 they will be far behind, as some of my relatives obviously were.

Mole

Permabanned
Then you must be operating on some very narrow or specialized definition of critical thinking. I routinely see and encourage it in much younger people. I know I demonstrated much more of it even at the age of 10 than many adults around me. Children must be trained from a young age to develop these skills, or by age 22 they will be far behind, as some of my relatives obviously were.

I prefer the develope model rather than the equality model.

Mole

Permabanned
I wonder how it can be developed in a way that affects the majority of the population? After all it would seem to be a useful faculty to develop for obvious reasons. Otherwise it's empty proselytising. Certainly a huge upheaval in the various educational systems that exist, would be a start.

Most have no ability to think critically. So those who can remain a small elite.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
155.gif