• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"True" MBTI Antitheses

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
mlittrell: opposite of ENTP is actually ESFP... and ENFP is ESTP. ;)

ENTP => Ne Ti Fe Si Ni Te Fi Se
ESFP => Se Fi Te Ni Si Fe Ti Ne

ENFP => Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Se
ESTP => Se Ti Fe Ni Si Te Fi Ne
You have failed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe that makes sense within a single person, and might lend some stability to the traditional four function preference order, but I don't see it being exclusively true in person to person. ISFP and INTP are both, ultimately introverts....
<etc etc etc ETC etc>

It really all depends on the final outcome -- functions are just functions. Prisms -- not the light itself. Depending on the light you may end up with the same or similar spectra with dramatically differing prisms. Or just as plausible; perhaps the combination of the two differing prisms is not something negatively aesthetic.

Still reading the rest of the thread, people participated nicely while I was out all evening; but thank you, this is the sort of criticism I was looking for. There are definitely a lot of variables involved in relations with other people, and many of them could trump the notion of function theory.

I say again, I am of the opinion that there is no antitheses in type. There is no set function order... none of that crap. Beebe can go fall in a well. He's a bad scientist.

Probably. He's more of a theorist, and so naturally he doesn't expect your lousy facts to screw up his coherent theory.

So, I won, right? :cool:

We could always kiss and make up, honeybunny.

You have failed.

Thanks for playing.

NEXT!

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was chatting over on another MBTI forum and someone mentioned that ISFP, not ESFJ, was the true antithesis to INTP.... <edited> Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

I haven't got a clue.
ISFP's just don't want me, so I wouldn't know :rolli:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Everything I said above this was immaculate.
It really all depends on the final outcome -- functions are just functions.
This, however, need clarifying. I mean the analogy, should have made everything very clear, but for those of you with impaired perceptibility, I'll do it T dominant style.

The above is to say that the resulting decision/perception matters more than the name of the function itself. As long as T decision is conducive of and cooperative with an F decision or S perception, there shan't be problematic events.

You all ought to listen to me a lot more. Try and fill in the gaps I leave -- I think faster than my fingers move and sometimes leave sentences out. If you want to learn anything, try and accommodate my poor overworked hands.

The rest is basically the word of God as well.
Prisms -- not the light itself. Depending on the light you may end up with the same or similar spectra with dramatically differing prisms.
Or just as plausible; perhaps the combination of the two differing prisms is not something negatively aesthetic.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Hahah, Nocap you really have a skill for getting people worked up. Teach me. I get a laugh out of reading a lot of your posts, If only I could replicate that in real life. Id never be bored.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You'd also never leave the Hospital.
Sorry son, I'm the only one who knows how to use these skills responsibly.

Perhaps once I've truly mastered myself, I'll teach, but it'll only be Master/Apprentice style.
My attention would be too spread out to get a good read on the learning styles of each individual in a class.

My dojo only ever encourages singular attention and immense focus.

I just don't know what I'd do with myself if I lessoned too many students and unwittingly endangered anyone.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Just look at socionics relationships.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nocaps was shot by gamma rays at infancy. We cannot compete.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, gamma ra...
Wait a second! You're just being nice 'cause I have cancer.
:cry:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
mlittrell: opposite of ENTP is actually ESFP... and ENFP is ESTP. ;)

ENTP => Ne Ti Fe Si Ni Te Fi Se
ESFP => Se Fi Te Ni Si Fe Ti Ne

ENFP => Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Se
ESTP => Se Ti Fe Ni Si Te Fi Ne

not orientation wise, complete opposite, including opposite orientation would be ISFP

ENTP => Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
ISFP => Fi, Se, Ni, Te

look at the orientation

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
s t!
Brllnt!
f nly 'd thght f tht. :(

Ths wy, nw th prng shws tw typs wth nt nly dffrnt rnttns nd prfrncs, bt ls dffrnt typ f fntn -- jdgng cntrstd wth prcvng.

Brllnt!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
EveryoneElse said:
s t!
Brllnt!

Ths wy, nw th prng shws tw typs wth nt nly dffrnt rnttns nd prfrncs, bt ls dffrnt typ f fntn -- jdgng cntrstd wth prcvng.

Brllnt!
*scratches head in utter bewilderment*

What's he talking about?
LOL!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
not orientation wise, complete opposite, including opposite orientation would be ISFP

ENTP => Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
ISFP => Fi, Se, Ni, Te

look at the orientation

Question for you, how do you compare external perception with internal judgment? I'm not sure what's the significance of ENTP/ISFP interaction based on opposite orientation.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My polar opposite is definitely ISTJ according to the eight function model:

INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si
ISTJ: Si, Te, Fi, Ne, Se, Fe, Fe, Ni

There is a world of difference between "enlightened" ISTJs (I have a few good friends, of this type: witty, loyal, knowledgable and quirky people, in general) and unevolved ISTJs (rigid, pedantic, critical, idosyncratic and controlling).

My manager in my old Lab in the UK was of the latter type - to make matters worse, he was severely stressed and beginning to unravel at the seams. We went from a good working relationship to continually clashing as he spiralled out of control.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Question for you, how do you compare external perception with internal judgment? I'm not sure what's the significance of ENTP/ISFP interaction based on opposite orientation.

you dont. im just saying techinically in a function point of view, an ISFP would be COMPLETELY opposite of an ENTP. and there isn't any significance at all. but there isn't any significance in ENTP and ESFP either. at least not an obvious significance. my point with the complete opposite is just to show that you can make up tons of different systems but if they dont apply to the real world, at least with any significance, then they are pointless. imo of course.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
s t!
Brllnt!

Brllnt!

Thnk gd smn s fnlly spkng nglsh rnd hr!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've just decided to say that INTJs are "black" dominant, and INTPs are "white" dominant. ISFPs are blue or something.

Anyway, the point is, INTJs are my TRUE antithesis.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've just decided to say that INTJs are "black" dominant, and INTPs are "white" dominant. ISFPs are blue or something.

Anyway, the point is, INTJs are my TRUE antithesis.

Wait a moment, can you clarify why you're using colors and what they mean? Or did I miss something?