• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Thoughts/Questions

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION] That sounds like a heavenly idea. Thank you :wubbie:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
You can travel where there is no people or very few of them. INFP are famous for be nature lovers. So instead go into concrete jungle why don't you visit some National Park, Mountain, go into the woods, safari and other places. Here you can find another thoughts and distract yourself from Fi-Si. You just need one good adventure to let all past things behind you. :)

tenor.gif
I would check any physical problem , taking care of that first . Mind/body connection is one of the steps for ...

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My hubby owns 80+ aches in (practically) the middle of nowhere. Before he bought it, it was a farm. That's what it's been called every since: "The Farm."
The kids and I lived there off and on nearly a decade ago and we loved it. There was no internet out there back then. No TV. It was incredibly peaceful. When Winter came, though, we'd have to park up hill at the end of the very long "driveway" and we'd still be snowed in. That was a nightmare.

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to go into seclusion for a week. I wouldn't stay in the house or the barn, though. I'd hike down the hillside and make camp in the woods. Mind you, I've never actually "camped" before (except for when I ran away from home for 14 days when I was about 13 years old). I'd bring 2 tarps and lots of nylon cords, climb a tree and set up shelter there. There are bear, coyotes, foxes etc in those woods.
I always chicken out at the end lol.
I'm in very bad shape. I can walk a great distance with no problem. I can still climb trees. Walking uphill though? For any considerable distance? I'd die lol.

I could always make a day trip though, if I could get a key for the newly placed gate.

Here's a random question:
What are some examples for using Fi and Ti?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting answer but unfortunately I don't think any of those types are this individual's type. Close perhaps, but not spot on.

EDIT: After further thinking, I don't think this is an Sp 3 thing at all. Possibly 4 Sp though? Like, if the individual was trying to stand out as different from the others in a counter-cultural way. "I'm not as shallow and high maintenance as the others".

To me though, the statement itself seems like an image conscious one, especially with the goal of hooking/intriguing the other (which blurs into the sexual instinct possibly).

Who do you mean by 'individual'? I thought this was not a Type Me thread, unless you are saying you disagree with E3 for me.

A difference between E3 and E4 that I read is that E4 is prone to 'identity for its own sake', while E3 uses identity for a more practical, externally-measured / externally-oriented goal rather than a self-oriented, reflective one, building an identity, understanding one's self, etc. In other words, if an E3 stands out, it might not be for its own sake, as much as a 4's is.

EDIT: I recently drew parallels between soc 7 (which is countertype 7 according to Beatrice Chestnut) and sp 3 (countertype 3, again according to Chestnut) in that these two assertive types' countertypes seem to work against / work to hide their actual desires, 7 going for anti-gluttony, and and the 3 going for 'anti-narcissism' in a way that makes them outwardly resemble 1. I'd say go read up what Chestnut has to say about sp 3s to get a better idea, she explains it better. Accurate or not, she does an interesting take on countertypes (including sp 3) and provides nice explanations as to why they are the countertype of their type.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The time draws nigh. Whether I like it or not.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do I reconcile the American side of me with the Indian side of me? How? :cry:

Everything about my existence seems to be an internal struggle. I need to meditate further...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Who do you mean by 'individual'? I thought this was not a Type Me thread, unless you are saying you disagree with E3 for me.

A difference between E3 and E4 that I read is that E4 is prone to 'identity for its own sake', while E3 uses identity for a more practical, externally-measured / externally-oriented goal rather than a self-oriented, reflective one, building an identity, understanding one's self, etc. In other words, if an E3 stands out, it might not be for its own sake, as much as a 4's is.

EDIT: I recently drew parallels between soc 7 (which is countertype 7 according to Beatrice Chestnut) and sp 3 (countertype 3, again according to Chestnut) in that these two assertive types' countertypes seem to work against / work to hide their actual desires, 7 going for anti-gluttony, and and the 3 going for 'anti-narcissism' in a way that makes them outwardly resemble 1. I'd say go read up what Chestnut has to say about sp 3s to get a better idea, she explains it better. Accurate or not, she does an interesting take on countertypes (including sp 3) and provides nice explanations as to why they are the countertype of their type.

I said "individual" because my original question in this thread was about an actual person who actually said what I clearly stated they said.

The person was me, young me to be exact, and I wasn't talking about your type at all. I don't even know you from Adam to type you.

Although I sometimes ramble incoherently when trying to piece new insights together, I do know enough about the types to not need to "read up on what Chestnut has to say". I have her book, and although I appreciated the angle she took because it was one I hadn't before seen, I do not think she got it all right.

And Sp 3s can look very, very 8-ish. They are super solid people with a strong physical presence. They can also look 1-ish, yes.

I was married to a 3 So/Sx actual narcissist, and then after my divorce, I fell pretty hard for a guy whom I think (after much consideration on my end) was like a 3 Sp/Sx (possibly Sx/Sp). For some time, I thought he was an 8, then a sexual 1, and now I think 3 probably fits well.

Anyway, despite asking the question I asked, I wasn't actually mining for kindergarten level Enneagram information.

Sorry to sound like an ass, I just find this forum painfully lacking in intellectual stimulation as of late.

EDIT: Sorry... I forgot who you were and had to check the name change thread because I suck at this whole decent human being thing. My sincerest apologies. I'm extra salty today.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I said "individual" because my original question in this thread was about an actual person who actually said what I clearly stated they said.

The person was me, young me to be exact, and I wasn't talking about your type at all. I don't even know you from Adam to type you.

Although I sometimes ramble incoherently when trying to piece new insights together, I do know enough about the types to not need to "read up on what Chestnut has to say". I have her book, and although I appreciated the angle she took because it was one I hadn't before seen, I do not think she got it all right.

And Sp 3s can look very, very 8-ish. They are super solid people with a strong physical presence. They can also look 1-ish, yes.

I was married to a 3 So/Sx actual narcissist, and then after my divorce, I fell pretty hard for a guy whom I think (after much consideration on my end) was like a 3 Sp/Sx (possibly Sx/Sp). For some time, I thought he was an 8, then a sexual 1, and now I think 3 probably fits well.

Anyway, despite asking the question I asked, I wasn't actually mining for kindergarten level Enneagram information.

Sorry to sound like an ass, I just find this forum painfully lacking in intellectual stimulation as of late.

EDIT: Sorry... I forgot who you were and had to check the name change thread because I suck at this whole decent human being thing. My sincerest apologies. I'm extra salty today.

Fascinating , I'm far from expert(actually a noob) but i would like to know where are you aiming and some books to understand that xD.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Fascinating , I'm far from expert(actually a noob) but i would like to know where are you aiming and some books to understand that xD.

It's more that I've been able to build up archetypes based on collecting info from several various sources and cross-referencing that with people I've known, or oftentimes by comparing/contrasting to myself. It's far more complicated and nuanced than it sounds but I'd never be able to explain it.

I actually struggle to finish books and prefer to hop around at my will, exploring here and there. I suppose that's the nature of Ne (and Se) and is also why it takes me extra long to organize the facts behind these patterns (Si). (Sometimes I understand something before I know how I understand it, more like a conceptual feeling, for lack of a better explanation).

The internet actually has a lot of good information, but I'd mostly avoid forums for mining reputable knowledge points, and also anything pop-culture-y, which means much of YouTube and podcasts (but not all).

By all means though, just start collecting books by the most well-known names in typology.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
It's more that I've been able to build up archetypes based on collecting info from several various sources and cross-referencing that with people I've known, or oftentimes by comparing/contrasting to myself. It's far more complicated and nuanced than it sounds but I'd never be able to explain it.

I actually struggle to finish books and prefer to hop around at my will, exploring here and there. I suppose that's the nature of Ne (and Se) and is also why it takes me extra long to organize the facts behind these patterns (Si). (Sometimes I understand something before I know how I understand it, more like a conceptual feeling, for lack of a better explanation).

The internet actually has a lot of good information, but I'd mostly avoid forums for mining reputable knowledge points, and also anything pop-culture-y, which means much of YouTube and podcasts (but not all).

By all means though, just start collecting books by the most well-known names in typology.

Actually i was trying to understand "instincts" ... as intp that is my the most "abstract" concept , i'm always fighting my animal self which made conclude that most people are the same which is totally wrong.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Actually i was trying to understand "instincts" ... as intp that is my the most "abstract" concept , i'm always fighting my animal self which made conclude that most people are the same which is totally wrong.

Instincts are fascinating and in my opinion the most non-negotiable part of typing, as in once you figure it out, it's hard to argue against because it is so deeply instinctual. No easier to see though as one is trying to determine their own patterns.

Permabanned
Instincts are fascinating and in my opinion the most non-negotiable part of typing, as in once you figure it out, it's hard to argue against because it is so deeply instinctual. No easier to see though as one is trying to determine their own patterns.

instincts are telling me your hard to argue

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

It's funny (in the amusing way) that for some reason you decided to apologize after you realized who I am, did you mistake me for someone else? My apologies as well, I was not aware of the history behind that post, and wanted to discuss (as I don't see much E3 discussion) and referenced Chestnut as a starting point to see where our knowledge meets, instead as an insinuation that you did not have basic knowledge. I take no offense. It is alright. What you call your 'ramblings' are enjoyable to read.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's funny (in the amusing way) that for some reason you decided to apologize after you realized who I am, did you mistake me for someone else? My apologies as well, I was not aware of the history behind that post, and wanted to discuss (as I don't see much E3 discussion) and referenced Chestnut as a starting point to see where our knowledge meets, instead as an insinuation that you did not have basic knowledge. I take no offense. It is alright. What you call your 'ramblings' are enjoyable to read.

I think I just tend to disregard people I don't really know, and also tend to get annoyed when people who don't know me proceed to educate me on something I perceive myself to potentially know more about. Basically, I just went straight to "who even are you?" mode. I have some pretty unsavory personally characteristics and felt bad when I realized it was you because you didn't deserve the saltiness (no one does, probably, but I am who I am sometimes).

I'd like to pick up this conversation another time though, about 3s.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I just tend to disregard people I don't really know, and also tend to get annoyed when people who don't know me proceed to educate me on something I perceive myself to potentially know more about. Basically, I just went straight to "who even are you?" mode. I have some pretty unsavory personally characteristics and felt bad when I realized it was you because you didn't deserve the saltiness (no one does, probably, but I am who I am sometimes).

Bolded is apparent, so it amuses me that I do not fall into that category. I appreciate it.
It would be interesting, yes. I'll basically just fly into whatever interesting E3 conversation I see, so if you find yourself talking about it, tag me / I'd probably hang around there.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bad result is still a result.
Unquestioned evidence of own stupidity.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Can't speak to the rest of the conversation so excuse me for butting in but I can relate to this SO EFFING much. Although I admit I get more than "annoyed". This tends to happen a lot when it languages. I'll say word or name and then someone will offer "It means X" And I get SO Indignant like " Who the fuck ever asked you?"

I do not know what it is about language that makes people SO Goddamned nit picky and competitive but my GOD they are. To the point where as soon as someone asks for a translation for something I take a step waaay back and say " I aint touchin this one with a 90 ft poll." So bizarre.

but I digress, I hate it when people try to lecture me on things I know a fair amount about.

I feel...a little angrier than I was.

1-funerals suck, and not for the "No shit" reason you're thinking. For most of the service I thought to myself " is this about my Grandfather or Jesus?" Hell, even a little more Jesus talk would have been preferable to the many instances of " And now, for a poem from woman whom non of you have veer met. She would have been considered a hippy by some..." ect ect ect "...and now, one of my favorite poems from yet another person you've never heard of." "...To quote Abraham Lincoln."

Also, my Father didn't show up. Part of me-and everyone -was glad. We know he would have made it about himself and maybe even started a fight or two but for god's sake it was his Father and he was a excellent Father, he deserved better.

Speaking of deserving better; I found out that my cousin was just as angry as I was about the situation, being that my Grandfather died in a hospital, just wanting to go home. A lot of elderly people end up in hospitals and nursing homes because they have no home, and no one to take care of them. Not my Grandfather. He had a home and family and a life that should have allowed him to spend his last moments at him in his chair with his family and he absolutely should have.

Also, at the "reception" no one talked about my grandfather, no one shared anything. We drove two hours for some Goddamned Crudites.