• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Thoughts/Questions

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You have a close concept of Ne , It's fucking funny 'cause most Intj or Infp can't abstact themself to reach that perspective(High Fi).
About art maybe you are right but I learned so many skills in music school ( I actually studied Physic for 2 years before musical composition ).
which make me very hard to think about others perspectives without thinking so many variables( We can use every funtion to differents aspect of music ).

But really you can't touch Ne in improvization.

Ne accepts informations from the world just like Se.
I don't think art will work as stress relief since art is more correlate to sensation.
Ne creates things, not do known things which is connected to Si.
INxP in stress should not stay at home (conform) and do art stuff according to already learnt skills because this is Si!And we don't want Si! We want to move!
INxP has a power to create something new and staying at home won't turn on movable Ne.
So instead creating the music why don't you challenge yourself to write a book or anything new? That would turn on your aux Ne.
But I am saying that travailing is the fastest way to turn on Ne because of so many things you can photo and be inspired to create new stories or invent some theory. :)

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I don't think art will work as stress relief since art is more correlate to sensation.
INxP in stress should not stay at home (conform) and do art stuff according to already learnt skills because this is Si!And we don't want Si! We want to move!
INxP has a power to create something new and staying at home won't turn on movable Ne.
So instead creating the music why don't you challenge yourself to write a book or anything new? That would turn on your aux Ne.
But I am saying that travailing is the fastest way to turn on Ne because of so many things you can photo and be inspired to create new stories or invent some theory. :)

That's a good way to put it....Traveling would be a natural route to pull INxP out of a stressful event....Confinement will only suppress Ne use over time because there exists a saturation point in accordance to the inputs which feed it. So long Ne can be fed, stress will be repressed.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
How did you overcome it? An emetic?

No...Over time, the stress suppressed my testosterone because energy was diverted for other functions (over-stimulus of stress hormones). I became irritable/angry, unmotivated, un-energetic, and an overall jerk. So, I came to the realization that I must remove the cause to initiate a rebound...My testosterone happened to quintuple by focusing on healing my glands, which ultimately made me more resistant to stressful events.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool

Actually musical composition is creating a narrative using sounds this can be anything really , The concept of travel is very similar to the develoment of musical ideas which can have abstract , social , sensorial , logical , cultural , historical themes and more. all of this using our ears. Fiding new meanings and breaking rules is one of the most common drives in musical composition which for Ne that is their home .

Musical Creativity and the Brain Music is multi-funtion , multi-everything really that is why you need so many years of training to reach some kind of creative liberation .

Actually Being in this cycle of stess-relief of Ne can be dangerous , I don't think Intp's have problems activating their Ne's instead they suffer more from not focusing their Ne to produce something in the real world.

Everthing is a balance really ... Finding destinies for our travel funtion isn't easy is fucking hard work .
I don't think Intp's or at least me , struggle more in activating Ne for Ti-Si loops rather than focusing Ne to produces something.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Actually musical composition is creating a narrative using sounds this can be anything really , The concept of travel is very similar to the develoment of musical ideas which can have abstract , social , sensorial , logical , cultural , historical themes and more. all of this using our ears. Fiding new meanings and breaking rules is one of the most common drives in musical composition which for Ne that is their home .

Musical Creativity and the Brain Music is multi-funtion , multi-everything really that is why you need so many years of training to reach some kind of creative liberation .

Actually Being in this cycle of stess-relief of Ne can be dangerous , I don't think Intp's have problems activating their Ne's instead they suffer more from not focusing their Ne to produce something in the real world.

Everthing is a balance really ... Finding destinies for our travel funtion isn't easy is fucking hard work .
I don't think Intp's or at least me , struggle more in activating Ne for Ti-Si loops rather than focusing Ne to produces something.

This make sense for Ne-Fi (especially Se-Fi) when they need via music to express themselves but not with other Ne user. Creation is introversion not extroversion because it comes within.
So instead Ti-Ne or Fi-Ne you will push your introverted functions harder and we don't want this. We want to use another perspective of world not your I (I know, I feel etc.). Not be lock up into your own!
And how to push extroverted functions? Execution. Trying new thing, explore new things, be productive, be social etc... (depend on function )
So in case INxP we want to push your ability to try new things. Don't be stack in the past.
Not to mention that music can reveal memory from the past and we don't want it!
Music can be grave for INFP when they are in stress. That feelings + memory my god. :cry:
Or for INTP thoughts about something + memory can be literally dangerous thing to others.
We want to move you so your Ti see another things and invent something new.

When people in stress they usually push their 1st and 3rd which have demonic nature.
This won't destroy cause of stress. Not without consequences of self or to others.
Stress can be healed only when you see another perspective of you and be focused on it.
So if you are introvert to see extrovert part of you and if you extrovert to see introvert of you.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Actually you have some right if we use popular music or using music with classical influence in aestethic as examples.
There is another beast and that is how to develoment sound cells using an abstract thinking and trying to find new paradigms but really like words i can hear alot more content that beauty and sensorial pleasure in music .

YouTube It is really easy to see Ti how he aprooch structures and Ne random-breaking rules perspectives.
What i'm saying is that music is just another language you can use it from a philosophical , Logical , math , emotional , social , historical , ect , point of view ... similar to writting you use it for whatever but of course the skill gap is alot higher 'cause you need to understand concepts using yours ear rather than your vision.

The argument that art is emotional and sensorial is totally false , you just need to go to any art school and the way they teach it is totally logical and intuitive , of course there is a place for emotions.

It's not fair asking to change your ideas when you need to learn another language for that .
You aren't far in ur Ne ideas tho this stress-relief can act as a drug and in others cases you need to narrow Your Ne to finish projects , this was my point ... assertive Intp's rarely get stuck In Ti-Si loops , Without Ne we don't do shit ... playing videogames all day , of course from that perspective what you said help alot but i think is alot more common to Intp' to use their Ne too much in their brain rather than express it .

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The argument that art is emotional and sensorial is totally false , you just need to go to any art school and the way they teach it is totally logical and intuitive , of course there is a place for emotions.

Yeah, ISFP the Artist or SPs Artists has that name because somebody likes the name and decide to call them. :happy2:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Yeah, ISFP the Artist or SPs Artists has that name because somebody likes the name and decide to call them. :happy2:

Of course but they understand it and enjoy it in a totally different way , A good ear imagine structures , narratives , intuition in compositional processes , meanings . just finding sensorial information in music is just not a well educated ear or a better description: a ear which can't abstract sounds.

It's like a four years old kid trying to read tolstoi.
Well you can read einstein talking about music if you want Einstein On Creative Thinking: Music and the Intuitive Art of Scientific Imagination | Psychology Today.

But really musical composition can be anything really isn't a uni-dimensional skill is alot more than , here is fun article to read about that.
Music and emotion—a composer's perspective

My Point is that Ne can find an unlimited supply of information by studying music and you can create whatever the fuck you want.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
My Point is that Ne can find an unlimited supply of information by studying music and you can create whatever the fuck you want.

But we are talking about ending the loop by awaking of Ne and music cannot awaking Ne simple because it is not novelty for you!
You will be still be at your home, do what you are already mastered and if you try to CREATE YOUR MUSIC (Ji - Ne) , instead play somebody-s else (Ji - Si) you will be flooded by emotions of the past!
This is a reason why music is not recomanded if you have Ne/Si on axis.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
But we are talking about ending the loop by awaking of Ne and music cannot awaking Ne simple because it is not novelty for you!
You will be still be at your home, do what you are already mastered and if you try to CREATE YOUR MUSIC, instead play somebody else (Si) you will be flooded by emotions of the past!
This is a reason why music is not recomanded if you have Ne/Si on axis.

hmm...My INFP friends says he can feel the music and plays by the ear.....He is very good at creating music but it is connected with the ability to align his inner feelings with the notes at play. I was horrendous at playing musical instruments because my body is so unconnected with my mind (synergy between body and mind is merely non-existent)...So, it seems you are mentioning that it is not ideal to utilize music to propel an (Ne-Si) user out of stress (dampened Ne) because the music may re-initiate a feeling connected to the past (Si), which can hinder the growth of Ne...Or in other words, it's ideal to enter unknown territory so that past events aren't brought to the surface.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
hmm...My INFP friends says he can feel the music and plays by the ear.....He is very good at creating music but it is connected with the ability to align his inner feelings with the notes at play. I was horrendous at playing musical instruments because my body is so unconnected with my mind (synergy between body and mind is merely non-existent)...So, it seems you are mentioning that it is not ideal to utilize music to propel an (Ne-Si) user out of stress (dampened Ne) because the music may re-initiate a feeling connected to the past (Si), which can hinder the growth of Ne...Or in other words, it's ideal to enter unknown territory so that past events aren't brought to the surface.

People don't understand how sensitive and self-absorbed dom Fi really is and if we put on this Ne/Si it get worst much worst.
Person can stack in the Romanticism when object of problem does not exist at all. INTPs are not better at all.
I witness how one INTP invent (Ti) a memory (Si) of her ideal partner (Fe)!
I said invent because I found it later that partner does not exist at all and it was just one adventure!!! AAAAAA!!!
It is hilarious how INxP naive is. Attacking of society Je (Te/Fe) is so brutal!

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Man , you are still using a perspective of a person who consumed music , i was always talking about composition .

This is one of my early piano composition Playing: cosmicdance.mp3 - picosong .
Where you see Si and Fi , I just see Non-funtional harmony , modal harmony , extended harmony , Metrical Phase Shifts , Poly-rhythm , Counter-point , augmentation ,ect.

Of course , you can find Si and Fi .... Ni and Te .... Se and Fe depend of which perspective you are looking at .
But there is not doubt if you look the score you are gonna find that anything was made using abstract structures and were develop in a non-linear way.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
It's ironically amusing how many Joker/Kefka fanboys ( whom I despise with a burning passion) have NO sense of humor.

We lose a game in a hilariously ill-fated crash and burn. I laugh my ass off and they scowl, flip the table and storm off to pout somewhere.

People don't understand how sensitive and self-absorbed dom Fi really is and if we put on this Ne/Si it get worst much worst.
Person can stack in the Romanticism when object of problem does not exist at all. INTPs are not better at all.
I witness how one INTP invent (Ti) a memory (Si) of her ideal partner (Fe)!
I said invent because I found it later that partner does not exist at all and it was just one adventure!!! AAAAAA!!!
It is hilarious how INxP naive is. Attacking of society Je (Te/Fe) is so brutal!

While I would never generalize one or another, yes, I would agree that everyone emotionally abusive/ self-unaware or overly controlling person has been Fi-heavy. Unfortunately I'd go so far as to say I associate one with the other. I'm sure it isn't true but hey, you don't want to be seen that way, maybe don't behave as such.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Man , you are still using a perspective of a person who consumed music , i was always talking about composition .

It is even worst because music comes from depths of your hearth and the person in creation invest expression of himself within.
Music is stress relief if you have aux Ji (ExxP) so you need to find a way to EXPRESS your feeling or thoughts.
As INxP you don't need to express feelings or thoughts since you always do that!
That is not release the stress but go back in your comfort zone. Do things what you like or best to do. Ji ---> Si.
You have to engage the world (Ne/Se). Use your 2nd instead pushing your 1st and using music as brain tool.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
It is even worst because music comes from depths of your hearth and the person in creation invest expression of himself within.
Music is stress relief if you have aux Ji (ExxP) so you need to find a way to EXPRESS your feeling or thoughts.
As INxP you don't need to express feelings or thoughts since you always do that!
That is not release the stress but go back in your comfort zone. Do things what you like or best to do. Ji ---> Si.
You have to engage the world (Ne/Se). Use your 2nd instead pushing your 1st and using music as brain tool.

Come on bro , even if you aren't totally wrong you are still trying to divide people in you way of thinking . Human beings are alot more complex than their cognitive funtions .
You can't totally understand how Ti and Ne work ... and i can't understand how totally Te and Ni work , i just can get an aproximation of your funtions and try to compare that data to others.

Of course ... i can understand you a little better using mtbi but i would never try to make an assumption about your motivations , point of views , logic , emotional ,ect. just 'cause your type.

Do you think life is a constant? lifes grow every fucking minute.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Come on bro , even if you aren't totally wrong you are still trying to divide people in you way of thinking . Human beings are alot more complex than their cognitive funtions .
You can't totally understand how Ti and Ne work ... and i can't understand how totally Te and Ni work , i just can get an aproximation of your funtions and try to compare that data to others.

Of course ... i can understand you a little better using mtbi but i would never try to make an assumption about your motivations , point of views , logic , emotional ,ect. just 'cause your type.

Do you think life is a constant? lifes grow every fucking minute.

Look, what you do people always do when they're in stress. They push harder their 1st function and suddenly they are get into 1st-->3rd loop.
What does it mean? Imagine you are commander of army and somebody attack you and you know that you cannot win in field? What are you doing?
You get back into your castle! Why? Because your 1st function is like fortress, everything begins from it and when you are in danger everything goes in it!
So your "fortress" braingrame is Introverted Thinking which makes you Ji Thinker. Not as Ji Thinker you defend your "I know!" thing and first goes to Ne (to explore n possibilities ) and then choose Si (the most safest idea).
But problem when you are in stress you cannot see Ne as I cannot see Ni (big picture) and then we all do what have to do. They call 3rd functions relief function but 3rd function works like this only when your 2nd is worked as 1st.
In healthy case, you create the idea Ti then Ne (explore multiple possibilities via brainstorming ) and then Si works as relief because from idea A and possibilities to evaluate A B C D ---> you choose safest way Si.
Now imagine in stress when your Ne is shut down because as introvert you are focus naturally on your introverted functions. 3rd is anvil and 1st becomes a hammer.
And now you think why people are afraid to wake up their 2nd function in stress? Well because 2nd -----> 4th and your 4th is your weakness and brain don't want be hurt again! Instead, brain search sanctuary in big castle.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Look, what you do people always do when they're in stress. They push harder their 1st function and suddenly they are get into 1st-->3rd loop.
What does it mean? Imagine you are commander of army and somebody attack you and you know that you cannot win in field? What are you doing?
You get back into your castle! Why? Because your 1st function is like fortress, everything begins from it and when you are in danger everything goes in it!
So your "fortress" braingrame is Introverted Thinking which makes you Ji Thinker. Not as Ji Thinker you defend your "I know!" thing and first goes to Ne (to explore n possibilities ) and then choose Si (the most safest idea).
But problem when you are in stress you cannot see Ne as I cannot see Ni (big picture) and then we all do what have to do. They call 3rd functions relief function but 3rd function works like this only when your 2nd is worked as 1st.
In healthy case, you create the idea Ti then Ne (explore multiple possibilities via brainstorming ) and then Si works as relief because from idea A and possibilities to evaluate A B C D ---> you choose safest way Si.
Now imagine in stress when your Ne is shut down because as introvert you are focus naturally on your introverted functions. 3rd is anvil and 1st becomes a hammer.
And now you think why people are afraid to wake up their 2nd function in stress? Well because 2nd -----> 4th and your 4th is your weakness and brain don't want be hurt again! Instead, brain search sanctuary in big castle.

Man , it's fucking funny when you trying to explain your concepts using a chest/battle point of view but is so different how a Ne dom/aux would think , you are just trying to find a Te way to understand other funtions which in most cases that is totally false.

I guess your Fi is shifting your perpectives to see just what you want to see but whatever man i whish humans beings can be so simple as you said.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Man , it's fucking funny when you trying to explain your concepts using a chest/battle point of view but is so different how a Ne dom/aux would think , you are just trying to find a Te way to understand other funtions which in most cases that is totally false.

I guess your Fi is shifting your perpectives to see just what you want to see but whatever man i whish humans beings can be so simple as you said.

But dom/aux Ne usually don't know their own type because they get captured in many possibilities and cannot see obvious thing. :)

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
But dom/aux Ne usually don't know their own type because they get captured in many possibilities and cannot see obvious thing. :)

Yeah you are right , some of them not all ... Ne dom/aux can see that perspective pretty easily they just descard it.
I think Intp and entp almost never see themself in a objective - present way ( Te-fi), For me at least i was always thinking of me in the future : what i'm gonna be after i reach that , after learning that , after knowing that theory , after 40.000 hours of practices , ect. I'm not gonna to lie i'm still thinking of my self what i'm gonna be in future and not in a present context.

I guess we are all blinds , Isn't that what actually make us social animals?.