• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Thoughts/Questions

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
The objective for this thread is to expound your thoughts or any questions which have been pondered. The aim is to gain further understanding of various topics, whether it be philosophy, Political Science, exc....

One thought that came to my mind recently is as follows:
Our sphere of potential may not converge, however, our journey mustn't solely be reliant on our own viewpoint for expansion...
As you may guess, this thread is linked to the quote...

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Isn't progress standing in the shoulder of giants ?.
We are just steps for the human being . We are just a fragment of time trying to make something that can make us unique and make a long skip in that ladder .

The way human beings see the world right know is so complex that is almost impossible for a non-musicians talk about music or a non-political scientist talk about politics ( yeah you can argue that almost everybody have a their of way of thinking but in reality they just don't have the education to talk about past or future). This is for the almost every field of the human being.

Yeah , you are right about learning other perspectives and learning about the past but we need to understand that we are just a stone in all of that.
For me art and love is the only think that make feel like a child again and make me see the world as something bright , Yeah science is fascinating but from my perspective we aren't gonna see that big jump ... we are in a cage in our galaxy and thousands of genius in the nasa that can't find new paradigms ( really can you even compete with the nasa).

Permabanned
when you see it

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Isn't progress standing in the shoulder of giants ?.
We are just steps for the human being . We are just a fragment of time trying to make something that can make us unique and make a long skip in that ladder .

The way human beings see the world right know is so complex that is almost impossible for a non-musicians talk about music or a non-political scientist talk about politics ( yeah you can argue that almost everybody have a their of way of thinking but in reality they just don't have the education to talk about past or future). This is for the almost every field of the human being.

Yeah , you are right about learning other perspectives and learning about the past but we need to understand that we are just a stone in all of that.
For me art and love is the only think that make feel like a child again and make me see the world as something bright , Yeah science is fascinating but from my perspective we aren't gonna see that big jump ... we are in a cage in our galaxy and thousands of genius in the nasa that can't find new paradigms ( really can you even compete with the nasa).

I was mainly pinpointing the problem of self fulfillment....Everyone has a peak potential that is heavily dictated by genetics, upbringing, environment, exc....We will never attain peak potential because to do so would require that we follow the one (only) path that directs us there....Yet, the path of peak potential requires further guidance outside of ourselves. Every event has a potential obstacle inhibiting us from choosing the best outcome. If we confine ourselves within a narrow band of knowledge/guidance, then our success will ultimate fall far short.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I was mainly pinpointing the problem of self fulfillment....Everyone has a peak potential that is heavily dictated by genetics, upbringing, environment, exc....We will never attain peak potential because to do so would require that we follow the one (only) path that directs us there....Yet, the path of peak potential requires further guidance outside of ourselves. Every event has a potential obstacle inhibiting us from choosing the best outcome. If we confine ourselves within a narrow band of knowledge/guidance, then our success will ultimate fall far short.

I understand you , For Ne users all of what you said we knew since childs . yeah entj's/intj's have some but they are more prone to make the world "static" in their conclusions .
For me the peak of potential is just a dream , everything is a evolution ... newton theories , einstein theories , maxwell theories , we can go so far ( not even that far if you know how the harmonic law of the occidental system work ) . Bach , mozart , beethoven , debussy , ravel , boulez ,ligeti , xenakis. is a very straightfoward way of thinking ( in our temporal context ).

Of course .. if we are talking about sociology and politic problems that is another problem which i really don't care ( I think this is a more Te thing) .
Really ... our potential is limited by our country , family , way of thinking ( mbti ?????? ), historical context , education , ect...(Maybe?)

I'm an intp but something that Entj/Intj taught me is you make ur own fucking success (Maybe this is the giving up of the self fulfillment? xDDD).

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't believe their is any peak of potential since it is always growing ... or shrinking. Depending on how you utilize your life or how life, rather, utilizes you.

Me? Fuck it. I'm gonna make the most of it, and learn to put passed missed chances behind me. And just evolve however I can given the decisions I've made up to this point.

Which makes me wonder. How much of 'us' is really 'us'? And How much of it is just the environment molding you? Technically that's still you, but in what way? And is their still a core point of you that exists beyond the fireburning clay molding way that life has handed you? Or is that all that's left. It's amazing how experiences of various causes can change you. Who you are. How you think and perceive. How various disorders, some trauma induced(severe adaptations), and enneagram(general adaptations) in their many shades and states can end up making pieces of who you are. The brains of people and the way it can evolve, adapt, change, shift, in various patterns and ways from the, uh... "core" it once had. Simply fascinating.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I don't believe their is any peak of potential since it is always growing ... or shrinking. Depending on how you utilize your life or how life, rather, utilizes you.

Me? Fuck it. I'm gonna make the most of it, and learn to put passed missed chances behind me. And just evolve however I can given the decisions I've made up to this point.

Which makes me wonder. How much of 'us' is really 'us'? And How much of it is just the environment molding you? Technically that's still you, but in what way? And is their still a core point of you that exists beyond the fireburning clay molding way that life has handed you? Or is that all that's left. It's amazing how experiences of various causes can change you. Who you are. How you think and perceive. How various disorders, some trauma induced(severe adaptations), and enneagram(general adaptations) in their many shades and states can end up making pieces of who you are. The brains of people and the way it can evolve, adapt, change, shift, in various patterns and ways from the, uh... "core" it once had. Simply fascinating.

You are correct that there does not exist peak potential as it is imaginary in space.....Think about a function on the XYZ plane in motion (time)...Consider potential as a function of space whereby you can unlock possibilities at any given point....Peak potential will never be reached because to do so would require perfection in all aspects of life, and we are imperfect beings...Therefore, we can converge towards the imagined peak (surface) over time given that we chose the correct paths. Yet, we also could diverge if we were to chose the wrong path (drugs, alcohol, depression). Thus, optimism would tend to yield convergence whereas pessimism would tend to yield divergence. We do, however, attain some peak represented as the global maximum of the surface function in 3D space.. Yet, the potential function is always evolving over time (shrinking/expanding) depending on multiple factors.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool

Isn't us what we actually left behind? , Fuck man you actually made think about life.... Being nothing is the worse nightmare , eh?.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Isn't us what we actually left behind? , Fuck man you actually made think about life.... Being nothing is the worse nightmare , eh?.

On a global scale, we are essentially nothing, but if you reduce the scale such that it coincides with our path, then we are no longer reduced to such an insignificant entity.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
On a global scale, we are essentially nothing, but if you reduce the scale such that it coincides with our path, then we are no longer reduced to such an insignificant entity.

You actually made me laugh xDD , saying the same thing from a different perspective .... which is your type ( Or the most close at least )?.
But really ... what some how I "think" is similar isn't just our "meaning of living" , I don't think there is alot of types which seek that meaning of life from that pespective .

If you aren't an Intp congrats man , you can say : i can understand intp's.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Stress relief:

IxTJ - work
ENxJ - meditation
INxP - traveling
ISxP - adrenaline
ExTP - math
IxFJ - socilzation
ESxJ - reading
ExFP - writing/drawing

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJ is only TJ who know how structure operates but often they don't want to apply this knowledge because of their personal believes (Ni ------> Fi)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know how you came up with this, but writing is how I de-stress. (Unless I'm in a dark mood.)

In stress your 2nd function is TURN OFF so you need to stimulate it so it can TURN ON.
For example, when you as ExFP is in stress instead choosing be critical and do something really bad to others, write what you feel down, express your feelings so your Ne/Se can understand situation and act in right way.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
In stress your 2nd function is TURN OFF so you need to stimulate it so it can TURN ON.
For example, when you as ExFP is in stress instead choosing be critical and do something really bad to others, write what you feel down, express your feelings so your Ne/Se can understand situation and act in right way.

Yeah ... Tho How to turn on our second funtion can change with our knowledge , perspective of life , dreams , sub-types , motivations.
Art for sure can develoment/stress relief /wake up your Ne and shift your paradigms , Art is so multi-layers and complex . almost any type and sub-type can find relief.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah ... Tho How to turn on our second funtion can change with our knowledge , perspective of life , dreams , sub-types , motivations.
Art for sure can develoment/stress relief /wake up your Ne and shift your paradigms , Art is so multi-layers and complex . almost any type and sub-type can find relief.

Not art for aux Ne. But traveling. By traveling aux Ne user can see diversity of world very fast, be inspired do things in new ways and brake the cycle of Fi/Ti---->Si what is the point!

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You should not confuse INTJ with INTP but INTJ with ISTP!
You should not confuse ENTJ with ESTP but ENTJ with ENFP!

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I recall my worst stress event was when I had Emetophobia....It took awhile to overcome it, and my creativity was definitely hindered.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I recall my worst stress event was when I had Emetophobia....It took awhile to overcome it, and my creativity was definitely hindered.

How did you overcome it? An emetic?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Not art for aux Ne. But traveling. By traveling aux Ne user can see diversity of world very fast, be inspired do things in new ways and brake the cycle of Fi/Ti---->Si what is the point!

You have a close concept of Ne , It's fucking funny 'cause most Intj or Infp can't abstact themself to reach that perspective(High Fi).
About art maybe you are right but I learned so many skills in music school ( I actually studied Physic for 2 years before musical composition ).
which make me very hard to think about others perspectives without thinking so many variables( We can use every funtion to differents aspect of music ).

But really you can't touch Ne in improvization.