• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you prone to Addictions?

Lark

There are certain things I wish I was addicted too, I wish I was addicted to exercise and didnt think about something else I could be doing instead when I take exercise.

I also wish I was addicted to reading in order that I could get some of my books read and shifted to the charity shop.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I know a few INTJ's who are especially prone to addictions....They tend to decompress in cycles which is most likely a manifestation of inferior Se (lack control).

Mole

Permabanned
An addiction is a trance within a trance. We enter our first trance, say the sexual trance, and at the same time, we enter the trance of drugs. So now we are in two trances at the same time.

And when we try to wake up by ending our first trance, we are precipitated into our second trance. And so we oscillate between the two trances, with no way out, like a rat in a trap.

Lark

An addiction is a trance within a trance. We enter our first trance, say the sexual trance, and at the same time, we enter the trance of drugs. So now we are in two trances at the same time.

And when we try to wake up, by ending our first trance, we are precipitated into our second trance. And so we oscillate between the two trances, with no way out, like a rat in a trap.

Where did you read that?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And when we try to wake up, by ending our first trance, we are precipitated into our second trance. And so we oscillate between the two trances, with no way out, like a rat in a trap.

A nice metaphor, I must ssy and I think it is accurate.

I drank originally to feel good, this was a trance because I told myself it was the only way to escape the pain of the moment. Rejecting the idea of a simple life change instead. I was enchanted with the though of the influence. Then actually being under the influence. Then sobering up, only to repeat it all over again.