User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default WHy do people think I am an extrovert?

So, I know I am ambiverted, but I am more so of an introvert. My closest friends know this because they see me more often, but in school I can engage with people on topics with my opinion. I am also very open about alot of things. I just know that I start to get exhausted with people very easily and eventually will stop talking to people.
    I know people think socializing=extroversion, but even when I tell them that that isn't true and that I get tired of people easily, they still think I am an extrovert.

I am also not that shy, but I am pretty shy around new people (I know that doesnt equal to introversion). I also think before I do a thing alot and I reflect about my past and on myself also.

MBTI
    INFP

I also get real exhausted being around people in general. Especially when they talk too much or just being around me alot. Like right now, alot of people are talking and I just want to go home and be by myself.
    Likes I, Tonya liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Who is insisting you're an extrovert, exactly?

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by SigningBeast View Post
    So, I know I am ambiverted, but I am more so of an introvert. My closest friends know this because they see me more often, but in school I can engage with people on topics with my opinion. I am also very open about alot of things. I just know that I start to get exhausted with people very easily and eventually will stop talking to people.
    I know people think socializing=extroversion, but even when I tell them that that isn't true and that I get tired of people easily, they still think I am an extrovert.

I am also not that shy, but I am pretty shy around new people (I know that doesnt equal to introversion). I also think before I do a thing alot and I reflect about my past and on myself also.
    It depends on which frequency you see certain friends, your comfort level with them, exc...People can assume that you're an extrovert based on how talkative you are, yet it's not so simple. Being an introvert is analogous to recharging a battery. An extrovert would correspond to a solar charged battery in which the sun represents evergy drrived from people in a continuous form....For an introvert, recharge rate is dependent upon immersing yourself on reclusive activities. If you tend closer to the midpoint, then recharge rate will be quicker (ambiavert). Thus, I'd assume you are quite talkative intermittenly, which is a way to decompress all the thoughts you've gathered. If assuming you see your friends once a month and it takes you roughly a month to recharge (hypothetically), then it will follow that they may percieve you as an extrovert considering your energy is maximized.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Extroverted -> be focused on external objects (THEY, THEM, THAT...) , dominate personality
    Introverted -> be focused on internal things (I, MY...) , reserved personality
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "I WIL NOT F%CK YOUR MIND. YOUR MIND IS ALREADY F%CKED. I WILL JUST PULL THE TRIGGER."
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Ne dominants frequently think they are introverts.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes Norexan, Snow as White liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I can be quite talkative when it comes to certain people, but I can't hang out with people all the time as in. Maybe one weekend, but I need my time to do my thing. I'll say if I really want to go out and socialize that isn't school, but to actually be around people, maybe about once a month. I get exhausted even at school. I am quite talkative though, only around my top few friends though.
    it's mostly people that don't know who I am and sees me talking alot with my top few btw.
    I do think I am more midpoint, though, but I do need to recharge by myself more often than not. I need to be by myself everyday for a few hours at least, more would be best though. Yet, sometimes I do need to socialize sometimes because I want to socialize with people, but that doesn't last for to long. maybe a day or a weekend out of a month is best (twice a month at most)

MBTI
    🐼
    Enneagram
    295 sx/sp
    Socionics
    🐼 Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hexcoder View Post
    Who is insisting you're an extrovert, exactly?
    And why does it matter?
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes Snow as White liked this post

MBTI
    SINE

Well, I can be quite talkative when it comes to certain people, but I can't hang out with people all the time as in. Maybe one weekend, but I need my time to do my thing. I'll say if I really want to go out and socialize that isn't school, but to actually be around people, maybe about once a month. I get exhausted even at school. I am quite talkative though, only around my top few friends though.
    it's mostly people that don't know who I am and sees me talking alot with my top few btw.
    I do think I am more midpoint, though, but I do need to recharge by myself more often than not. I need to be by myself everyday for a few hours at least, more would be best though. Yet, sometimes I do need to socialize sometimes because I want to socialize with people, but that doesn't last for to long. maybe a day or a weekend out of a month is best (twice a month at most)
    Makes sense considering you are most likely dominant Fi, so you will conceal most if not all of your inner workings unless you know the person really well & trust them. One key sign of extroversion is the fear of being alone (typically exhibited by strong extroverted feelers). We all exhibit extroverted functions though, but for an introvert, they're shifted by one unit down the stack....Also, the extroverted functions that are initiated via human influence will be strongly associated with extroversion (perception). Ne/Se (morose Ne) don't necessarily require human initiation, so it can yield false perception.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

If you're this confident you're not one, then why not just ignore them? You answered why they think you are an extrovert right there.