• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI types that best represent Jung's types

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Shadow Play said:
If by "best," you mean "best methods at producing ridicule," then yes, you are correct. "Oh look, someone has a goofy look when they smile, therefore they're ENFP!" "Hmmm, someone seems to be hesitating before they speak for some reason, could it be that they use Ti?"

Ok, so it's not your thing. You don't understand it and I don't get the impression that you want to. It's a lot more powerful of a tool than you're giving it credit for.

Shadow Play

I haven't read much into Jung's work, so I'll need to get his perspective regarding the functions to further my understanding (if I choose to accept it).
Now, I agree typing based on mannerisms would not be very accurate, if at all since there's large variation regarding how each function manifests and the ratios at which each function is expressed. Certain mannerisms may dictate certain behavior at the extremes (very high Ti, Ni, exc), however, the interplay between each function causes a masking effect. Saying "umm" a lot may indicate insecurity/lack of confidence or unpreparedness during speeches, but it also could imply someone needs time to coalesce their thoughts together (introversion). It could also be related to processing speed or become a habit (speech pattern).

Regarding smiling and Fe/Fi usage, I'd say that for high Ti users, Fe is childlike (harder to control)....thus, it tends to be spontaneous, reactive, and impulsive....similar to a sine function with high amplitude where the y axis denotes the magnitude of emotion and x axis corresponds to frequency....Although emotional frequency will be event dependent and hence, will change. Since the emotion is harder to control, the frequency of occurrence should be reduced....High Fi users will have a firm grasp of emotional input/output and tend to be reclusive in terms of expressing it to others unless the person knows them well (trusted)....Since they internalize their emotions (meaning the energy derived from an emotional response is extended beyond the surface), it will most likely take them longer to recover from an emotional event. I am an Fe user who is sensitive to the negative emotions of others....Their emotions seem to translate within me and cause a negative reaction (externally derived).

Exhibiting gestures (in general) is related to external energy and emotion, so someone who is an extrovert with higher feeling functions may have a higher probability of using them, however, it's not fully definitive. It could also be related to well being, which is dependent on health/hormones or even related to neurotransmitter output....Perhaps someone with higher serotonin output smiles more frequently (makes sense logically). I have noticed that I joke around more freely when I intake a lot of sugar or alcohol, which both stimulate a temporary neurotransmitter response. Since smiling pattern is a function of muscle contraction/retraction and hormones dictate fat/muscle ratio, it will follow that there will exist a relationship between smiling and gender. Muscle adds tension (promoting more resistance + mass per unit volume), which requires more force to initiate upward movement. Of course, the effect of gravity and age over time will exemplify this effect as well. I've seen the video on "Fe vs Fi smiling" and I think there's too many variables that come into play to relate such functions in a 1-1 manner.

I differentiate between expressiveness in general and specific mannerisms. Both extraverts and introverts can be expressive in certain contexts, but an introvert will generally keep more of themselves guarded unless something triggers a particular response. By that, I mean that an extravert would be less self-conscious about laughing, telling stories, and cracking jokes around people they've just met, while an introvert wouldn't fully open up around themselves unless they've had some time to get to know the other person.

I think of mannerisms as the way in which a person is expressive whenever they do express themselves, and these are things not particular to any type. Introverts can gesticulate a lot if they're locked in on whatever idea or story they're sharing. Plenty of extraverts use sentence fillers such as "umm," "well," and "like" in conversations. You said "saying "umm" a lot may indicate insecurity/lack of confidence or unpreparedness during speeches, but it also could imply someone needs time to coalesce their thoughts together (introversion)." While there's some truth to that, I could also argue that extraverts use sentence fillers because they need to speak to keep their thoughts stimulated. Filler words enable them to keep up the momentum when speaking. This goes to show that one can extrapolate any underlying idea behind any mannerism if they so wished.

Lazinc

MBTI Type
😎
He believed the majority of people were close enough to the middle on extraversion and introversion where they're effectively ambiverts,

I have the feeling that he only said this to try to stop the classification of people, he was against it.

I think he knew that typology could be used as a way to organize society. Typology is not really about knowing yourself and others..
Many people in typology are just giving sofiscated titles to behaviors that ordinary people already perceive.

Akhromant

This is a very brief summary of the problem: what the famous (but nonexistent) e-i-e-i/i-e-i-e "stacks" call "functions" are not what Jung described in his book. They are not cognitive functions, but behavioral traits that correspond to different pairs of letters:

Their "Te" is not the real extraverted thinking, but a mix of TJ-traits.
Their "Fe" is not the real extraverted feeling, but a mix of FJ-traits.
Their "Se" is not the real extraverted sensation, but a mix of SP-traits.
Their "Ne" is not the real extraverted intuition, but a mix of NP-traits.
Their "Ti" is not the real introverted thinking, but a mix of TP-traits.
Their "Fi" is not the real introverted feeling, but a mix of FP-traits.
Their "Si" is not the real introverted sensation, but a mix of SJ-traits.
Their "Ni" is not the real introverted intuition, but a mix of NJ-traits.

The real cognitive functions are different (for example: Fi is not about "emotions", Si is not "memory", Ni is not about "the future", etc). There is a second group of people that, somehow, have a sense of what [some of] the functions are, but they use those same mistaken "stacks", so they are mistyping everybody (I talked about this in post #58, for example). They should be using the correct function arrangements of the types, which are as follows:

ESTJ is Te-Se-Ni-Fi
ENTJ is Te-Ne-Si-Fi
ESFJ is Fe-Se-Ni-Ti
ENFJ is Fe-Ne-Si-Ti
ESTP is Se-Te-Fi-Ni
ESFP is Se-Fe-Ti-Ni
ENTP is Ne-Te-Fi-Si
ENFP is Ne-Fe-Ti-Si
ISTJ is Ti-Si-Ne-Fe
INTJ is Ti-Ni-Se-Fe
ISFJ is Fi-Si-Ne-Te
INFJ is Fi-Ni-Se-Te
ISTP is Si-Ti-Fe-Ne
ISFP is Si-Fi-Te-Ne
INTP is Ni-Ti-Fe-Se
INFP is Ni-Fi-Te-Se

That's how the types and the real functions match. That's how everything fits. (The Socionics correlation is in this post).

There is a third group of people (the smallest in number of the three, of course) that have found this, usually by themselves, after reading and thinking a lot about these things. Maybe you can be one of them :) If you want to read about this, you can find much more here: https://akhromant.tumblr.com/index Make sure to read the FAQ first, read the texts/links carefully, and think things over, please. This requires a lot of time (not just a few hours) because most people are too used to the widespread misconceptions, and the needed reevaluation is not easy (also, many people make a living out of them, or have their sense of "identity" built around them, so they basically can't/won't ever admit that they have been wrong all along).

Lazinc

MBTI Type
😎
This is a very brief summary of the problem: what the famous (but nonexistent) e-i-e-i/i-e-i-e "stacks" call "functions" are not what Jung described in his book. They are not cognitive functions, but behavioral traits that correspond to different pairs of letters:

Their "Te" is not the real extraverted thinking, but a mix of TJ-traits.
Their "Fe" is not the real extraverted feeling, but a mix of FJ-traits.
Their "Se" is not the real extraverted sensation, but a mix of SP-traits.
Their "Ne" is not the real extraverted intuition, but a mix of NP-traits.
Their "Ti" is not the real introverted thinking, but a mix of TP-traits.
Their "Fi" is not the real introverted feeling, but a mix of FP-traits.
Their "Si" is not the real introverted sensation, but a mix of SJ-traits.
Their "Ni" is not the real introverted intuition, but a mix of NJ-traits.

The real cognitive functions are different (for example: Fi is not about "emotions", Si is not "memory", Ni is not about "the future", etc). There is a second group of people that, somehow, have a sense of what [some of] the functions are, but they use those same mistaken "stacks", so they are mistyping everybody (I talked about this in post #58, for example). They should be using the correct function arrangements of the types, which are as follows:

ESTJ is Te-Se-Ni-Fi
ENTJ is Te-Ne-Si-Fi
ESFJ is Fe-Se-Ni-Ti
ENFJ is Fe-Ne-Si-Ti
ESTP is Se-Te-Fi-Ni
ESFP is Se-Fe-Ti-Ni
ENTP is Ne-Te-Fi-Si
ENFP is Ne-Fe-Ti-Si
ISTJ is Ti-Si-Ne-Fe
INTJ is Ti-Ni-Se-Fe
ISFJ is Fi-Si-Ne-Te
INFJ is Fi-Ni-Se-Te
ISTP is Si-Ti-Fe-Ne
ISFP is Si-Fi-Te-Ne
INTP is Ni-Ti-Fe-Se
INFP is Ni-Fi-Te-Se

That's how the types and the real functions match. That's how everything fits. (The Socionics correlation is in this post).

There is a third group of people (the smallest in number of the three, of course) that have found this, usually by themselves, after reading and thinking a lot about these things. Maybe you can be one of them :) If you want to read about this, you can find much more here: https://akhromant.tumblr.com/index Make sure to read the FAQ first, read the texts/links carefully, and think things over, please. This requires a lot of time (not just a few hours) because most people are too used to the widespread misconceptions, and the needed reevaluation is not easy (also, many people make a living out of them, or have their sense of "identity" built around them, so they basically can't/won't ever admit that they have been wrong all along).
Read what I posted in my profile

Akhromant

There's no need for that kind of distinction. The functions are different dimensions of reality. Some people can see some better than others. It doesn't matter if you call them functions or types [of people/introversion/extraversion]. If someone is more conscious of Te you can say his type is Te or ETJ, or that "his type of extraversion" is Te.