• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So I got a question...

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
So, is it Se-Ni if you have a theory and then you attempt to put it to work? I always have theories or hypothesis or a thought about something and I will attempt to put it to work all the time. I do talk about my ideas to other people and it's normally me who attempts to do something with it and I normally go through with it. I only don't go through with it once I realize that it's implausible and unrealistic. If it's realistic, I will go through with it, but unrealistic just doesn't keep my interest up for long.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, an NJ would have a theory and then attempt to put it into action. An SP would start by considering the action, and later derive a theoretical view of it.

(assuming theory correspond to Ni in this case)

So an NJ demonstrates a concept, an SP conceptualises a demonstration.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Idk. I know that I use introverted feeling so I would have to be a FP. I am rely on my values a lot and I just relate to Fi more with a Te inferior, it make sense to me. I have a problem with which one I relate to more, Se or Ne. I have people tell me that they see me as one or the other, so it’s between ISFP and INFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Fi dominant... so for example, your emotions are more internal than external, more reactive than proactive... you're a good judge of a person's character but less able to read how a social situation is unfolding. As an IP you would have problems with articulation, not really able to get a good monologue going even if you're an expert on what you're talking about. Te inferior... you would have some specific area where you are able to immerse in a procedurally-based task, perhaps being humourous or having anger where efficiency is concerned, and being generally aware of efficiency but not too confident generally with making use of that.

Does that sound right?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, one thing is that if you're on a typology forum in the first place, you're much more likely to be an INFP than an ISFP.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
To me, Ni is about translating a theory/idea into the future....That is predicting the outcome before it arrives. As the repository of of data (Se) increases, an Ni user will gain insight in how a situation will unfold with increased precision. You ever think about a particular problem in which you are unable to solve at the moment, and later on have the answer arrive instantaneously. Ni is analogous to a derivative in calculus or the instantaneous rate of change. The only difference is that Ni is the instantaneous rate of insights.
Se (on the other hand) is about altering 3D space (reality) in some form and appreciating the external input derived from the 5 senses. Thus, Se users will gain a higher dopamine boost from immersing themselves in activities in which they can derive some form of pleasure from the senses relative to other functions. Now, Ne is not disjointed from Se in terms of independence ( Although Ne is paired with Si, it must follow that Se-->Si, not vice versa). The main difference is that Ne transcends the physical reality by formulating multiple instantaneous reactions (external insights) that are proportional to environmental stimulus, which feeds Si....

For instance, suppose you are staring at a blank wall for some time t....Ne activity will now be suppressed because the degree of environmental stimulus tends to 0. Thus, no impressions are created (Si-->0). Thus, there is a direct relationship between the degree of environmental stimulus and NE/SE activity....Yet Ne is always looking for new input to increase the repository of external insight (ideas, theories not directly tied/related to the initial input ...i.e: The heat unit of peppers is increased during Winter Months...hmmm, I wonder if that's connected to the human body which derives heat from peppers to fend off the cold or maybe the pepper contracts slightly to induce more heat per volume)...Hence, it should follow that NE users will act (explore outer world) because expanding their area of observation inevitably expands NE usage. SE users will also have ideas, yet these ideas are connected to the concrete world (translating, rotating 3D reality) because high Se implies that the five senses are well adapted to environmental stimulus meaning that more satisfaction will be gained by directly immersing themselves in some form of physical activity (But the satisfaction is derived from sensation seeking pleasures). Thus, activating their senses continuously brings fulfillment (traveling for the aspect of beauty, eating....) Our gravitation towards interests is function dependent....I spent some time once deriving Pi for fun because I was able explore the unknown in a novel way. I can also put my ideas to work, however, the initial stage is creating the theoretical framework of the idea to attempt predicting what the end result will be prior to testing the hypothesis. Strong Se users will experience a pulling effect due to the environment analogous to a radial (outward) force of gravity (hypothetical)...Therefore, there won't be much time between idealizing and the implementation stage due to their direct attraction towards physical space.

Now, if you envision the path of an idea/theory, then you have Ni in your stack. If you formulate multiple ideas/hypotheses on the run, then you have Ne in your stack. Creating PUNS is a great way to tell if someone uses NE (--i.e: A Plateau is the highest form of flattery--)

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do talk about my ideas to other people and it's normally me who attempts to do something with it and I normally go through with it. I only don't go through with it once I realize that it's implausible and unrealistic.If it's realistic, I will go through with it, but unrealistic just doesn't keep my interest up for long.

Isn't this the essence of being a sensor? I can't imagine a strong Ne user, especially an INFP with PoLR Se, ever saying something like this.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Isn't this the essence of being a sensor? I can't imagine a strong Ne user, especially an INFP with PoLR Se, ever saying something like this.

Yes, ideas and sensing are NOT mutually exclusive...higher Se users will gain energy from immersing their senses within the idea whereas high Ne users may derive multiple ideas that resist the gravitational force of Se.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

What was being described was a process where something goes from being an idea to being presenced in reality.

In that sense, it is in essence an intuitive process, because it began with the idea. The sensory process is to start with the concrete manifestation, and then derive an idea from it.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What was being described was a process where something goes from being an idea to being presenced in reality.

In that sense, it is in essence an intuitive process, because it began with the idea. The sensory process is to start with the concrete manifestation, and then derive an idea from it.

They stated that the end goal is to make their idea into a reality, no matter what that idea is, and they lose interest if they cannot do so. That is not an intuitive function at play, that is a sensing one. An intuitive function wouldn't immediately lose interest if their idea wasn't realistically plausible for the exact reason that you stated, turning their idea into a reality is an afterthought to the actual idea. It is not the foundation of interest that the idea lays on, therefore there is no reason an intuitive would lose interest in something because it has no concrete bearings. To have the foundation of your idea be the immediate affects it can have on the external world is what Se is all about. OP is likely some type of strong Se user, but there is no possible way that they are an INFP whose worst function to apply is Se.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
They stated that the end goal is to make their idea into a reality, no matter what that idea is, and they lose interest if they cannot do so. That is not an intuitive function at play, that is a sensing one. An intuitive function wouldn't immediately lose interest if their idea wasn't realistically plausible for the exact reason that you stated, turning their idea into a reality is an afterthought to the actual idea. It is not the foundation of interest that the idea lays on, therefore there is no reason an intuitive would lose interest in something because it has no concrete bearings. To have the foundation of your idea be the immediate affects it can have on the external world is what Se is all about. OP is likely some type of strong Se user, but there is no possible way that they are an INFP whose worst function to apply is Se.

To an extent, yes....however, Ni users will project their ideas into the real domain for some future time t. My INFP friend has a horrendous sense of direction, but mainly because he's daydreaming....which causes the senses to be repressed. If an Ne and Se user look at the same object, the Se user will focus more on the individual components (details) that encapsulate the object whereas the Ne user will branch outward from the objects intended use....It's analogous to the real and imaginary domains (Mathematics). So, the Se user will not diverge into the imaginary domain in regards to possibilities, however, they can perform any transformation function within the real domain, which is a powerful tool. Intuitives and sensor's work synergistically to map from imaginary space to real space.

DarkPassenger123

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
To an extent, yes....however, Ni users will project their ideas into the real domain for some future time t. My INFP friend has a horrendous sense of direction, but mainly because he's daydreaming....which causes the senses to be repressed. If an Ne and Se user look at the same object, the Se user will focus more on the individual components (details) that encapsulate the object whereas the Ne user will branch outward from the objects intended use....It's analogous to the real and imaginary domains (Mathematics). So, the Se user will not diverge into the imaginary domain in regards to possibilities, however, they can perform any transformation function within the real domain, which is a powerful tool. Intuitives and sensor's work synergistically to map from imaginary space to real space.

Ill admit to the horrendous sense of direction

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Ill admit to the horrendous sense of direction

I have great sense of direction, but I also have friend's whose sense of direction is not that great. They always come to me for help on trying to find their car in a parking lot if I am with them or something similar.
I love it when people have bad sense of direction though, I like helping people with that stuff... also, and it's a bit mean to say, I'll admit, but I think it's funny.
Sorry, this was off topic. How do you know that you are INFP?

DarkPassenger123

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I have great sense of direction, but I also have friend's whose sense of direction is not that great. They always come to me for help on trying to find their car in a parking lot if I am with them or something similar.
I love it when people have bad sense of direction though, I like helping people with that stuff... also, and it's a bit mean to say, I'll admit, but I think it's funny.
Sorry, this was off topic. How do you know that you are INFP?

I don't know it, I feel it