• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SPs and NPs which do you prefer

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry Potter, easy choice.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
SP LOTR/Old Star Wars

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Star Trek
(Although I like them all.)

LOTR- For the most complete world building ever. Even if I dare say I found the trilogy a bit dry. *ducks*

Star Wars- It was my first sci-fi adventure movie experience as a five year old when it came out in 77’. Of course now it’s being bled for every last drop. I’m waiting for the wampa that Luke chopped the arm off of to get his own trilogy.

Star Trek- I watched the original in reruns as a kid but TNG is what really hooked me and they’re still my favorite crew. I never understood the rivalry between Trek and Wars because I look at them like apples and oranges. They’re both good but distinctly different.

Harry Potter- I’ve never watched a single second of the series. Not out of any hatred for it, I just never got around to it. *ducks again*

I’ll go with Star Wars if I must. Original trilogy (the original version where Han shoots first, Greedo was going to murder him- is there really any need for further justification). I hate picking favorites most of the time anyway. Farscape is my absolute favorite sci-fi but I love lots of sci-fi, ‘hard’ sci-fi and more ‘fantasy’ sci-fi, and all manner of fantasy and real medieval history as well. I’m a total nerd. Deal with it.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen/read anything on this list aside from Harry Potter.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
No movies.

I guess TypoC thinks that's evil, since this is coincidentally post 666.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
LOTR- For the most complete world building ever. Even if I dare say I found the trilogy a bit dry. *ducks*

Star Wars- It was my first sci-fi adventure movie experience as a five year old when it came out in 77’. Of course now it’s being bled for every last drop. I’m waiting for the wampa that Luke chopped the arm off of to get his own trilogy.

Star Trek- I watched the original in reruns as a kid but TNG is what really hooked me and they’re still my favorite crew. I never understood the rivalry between Trek and Wars because I look at them like apples and oranges. They’re both good but distinctly different.

Harry Potter- I’ve never watched a single second of the series. Not out of any hatred for it, I just never got around to it. *ducks again*

I’ll go with Star Wars if I must. Original trilogy (the original version where Han shoots first, Greedo was going to murder him- is there really any need for further justification). I hate picking favorites most of the time anyway. Farscape is my absolute favorite sci-fi but I love lots of sci-fi, ‘hard’ sci-fi and more ‘fantasy’ sci-fi, and all manner of fantasy and real medieval history as well. I’m a total nerd. Deal with it.

Peter Mayhew costars as Chewbacca in the new Indie Star Wars Sundance Film festival Winner...My dinner with Wampa.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lord of the rings by far.

Star wars is your basic heros journey.

Star trek has decent ideas, but was inconsistent.

Harry Potter was enjoyable, but had too many plot holes and can't really survive a world stress test.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harry Potter, and it's not even close.

I've tried to get into Lord of the Rings several times and it never captured my interest -- Might as well call it Lord of Walking because that's all they do throughout the entire trilogy.

The large, cult-like following of Star Wars has always seemed mostly rooted in nostalgia of being one of the first major motion picture SciFi films, as opposed to the actual content quality of the series. I'm sure if I'd seen it in theaters back I'm 1977, I'd feel totally different about it.

Star Trek? Just not my cup of tea.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Harry Potter, but I'm not into all the new material that's been coming out recently like Fantastic Beasts, Curse Child, etc.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lord of the Rings easily.

The genius of Tolkien is not to be underestimated.

*was about to go into a long rant/explanation of why I prefer it so much, but given this forum as an audience, perhaps it would not ring to many ears*
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] were you just to sit down... and watch it with me. Your mind would be set free from the shackles of boredom and you would again faceplant your head onto the screen

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay Harry Potter’s ending is very underwhelming given the build up. Had Rowling devised a better one, I may just praise it a tad more.

Her villain background was just so bare

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lord of the rings by far.

Star wars is your basic heros journey.

Star trek has decent ideas, but was inconsistent.

Harry Potter was enjoyable, but had too many plot holes and can't really survive a world stress test.

Those that don’t believe in the magic, never see the magic ;-P

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lord of the Rings easily.

The genius of Tolkien is not to be underestimated.

*was about to go into a long rant/explanation of why I prefer it so much, but given this forum as an audience, perhaps it would not ring to many ears*
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] were you just to sit down... and watch it with me. Your mind would be set free from the shackles of boredom and you would again faceplant your head onto the screen

Perhaps if I can manage to stay awake. For some reason, whenever I've tried to watch those movies, I always end up falling asleep about 30 minutes into it and wake up an hour later in a pool of my own drool and wondering why the hell it seems like they're all just walking and talking on this endless journey to nowhere.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps if I can manage to stay awake. For some reason, whenever I've tried to watch those movies, I always end up falling asleep about 30 minutes into it and wake up an hour later in a pool of my own drool and wondering why the hell it seems like they're all just walking and talking on this endless journey to nowhere.

Crack open an energy drink and then look it at the perspective of an educational film. :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
41nvkwg1GCL.jpg

Do you believe now?