User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: IxFP??

  1. #1

    Default IxFP??

    i need help.. I doubt anyone will see this but anywho.. I'm having trouble trying to figure out my helping cognitive function.
    Is it okay if I call it my helper function? It's suppose to basically aid your dominating function right?
    From research, I figured I am a strong introverted feeler. Fi makes a lot of sense for me, so now I'm trying to figure out my helper function and it's either Se or Ne. I know I can have both functions, I know everyone can have all of the functions, but some are more prominent than others.
    I relate to Se and Ne when it comes to my helper function. So I tried to figure out my tertiary function (which it could either be Si or Ni because it's the opposite of the helper function), well trying to figure out my helper function doesn't do much justice because I can relate to both Si and Ni.
    Am I a true IxFP?
    Like I said, I know I shouldn't label myself and I know we use all of these functions, but some is more prominent than others. Can y'all please help me understand better?

  2. #2
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Ni is my strongest function, and I have Fe and Ti, but I also have Te and Fi. The difference is that the Fe and Ti form a part of the same configuration with the Ni, whereas the Te and Fi are the leading functions of alternate configurations.

    So look at it as an order that you process things in when in your default mode. INFP will go Fi then Ne then Si, Te, Fe, Ni, Se, and lastly Ti, whereas ISFP will go Fi then Se then Ni, Te, Fe, Si, Ne, and lastly Ti.

    So once you can identify your order - for example in forum posts, or it can be anything you do - and identify it to at least the 4th function, then you'll know.

  3. #3

    Default

    To me, the difference between Ne and Se is that Ne is more unrealistic approach while Se is more realistic.
    I tend to have an unrealistic idea then realize that I can't make it happen so I have more of a realistic approach

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    179

    Default

    To differentiate Ne from Se, consider the following... Imagine yourself as a point in space (space denotes the external environment....both Ne and Se use the external environment as a catalyst to induce a reaction). Think of a series of lines projecting outward from the point and consider the directional energy in respect to each line....For case 1 (Se), the lines will connect to objects in space (unidirectional) such that there will exist translation, rotation, or both in respect to the initial point and objects within the reference plane. For case 2 (Ne), the lines will target an object within the reference plane (bidirectional) and simultaneously yield a second set of line segments projecting outward from the initial point that transcends the sensory input.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    To differentiate Ne from Se, consider the following... Imagine yourself as a point in space (space denotes the external environment....both Ne and Se use the external environment as a catalyst to induce a reaction). Think of a series of lines projecting outward from the point and consider the directional energy in respect to each line....For case 1 (Se), the lines will connect to objects in space (unidirectional) such that there will exist translation, rotation, or both in respect to the initial point and objects within the reference plane. For case 2 (Ne), the lines will target an object within the reference plane (bidirectional) and simultaneously yield a second set of line segments projecting outward from the initial point that transcends the sensory input.
    So you are basically saying you either look at it as it is and take it in how it looks or you look at it and ask why?

    In other sense, you either appreciate the painting (I always use art because I feel it's the easiest thing) as it is and look at how each color works versus you look at that same painting and you wonder the meaning behind it?

    I guess i look at it first and just appreciate it then later then later when I think back to it that's when I really appreciate the meaning behind it, but at the moment I just enjoy it as it is.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SigningBeast View Post
    So you are basically saying you either look at it as it is and take it in how it looks or you look at it and ask why?

    In other sense, you either appreciate the painting (I always use art because I feel it's the easiest thing) as it is and look at how each color works versus you look at that same painting and you wonder the meaning behind it?

    I guess i look at it first and just appreciate it then later then later when I think back to it that's when I really appreciate the meaning behind it, but at the moment I just enjoy it as it is.
    Yes, those who use Se tend to be very meticulous since they continuously exercise their senses " in the moment.", and are able to hone in on minute details with ease depending on the strength of the function (within stack). My Mom (Esfp) is very good at remodeling houses because she appreciates sensory input, and understands how to alter the external environment based on her subjective viewpoint. Both Se and Ne can be highly creative yet Ne delves into the theoretical domain(able to generate new theories based on patterns/relationships) whereas Se delves into the tangible domain (able to manipulate objects in space).

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Yes, those who use Se tend to be very meticulous since they continuously exercise their senses " in the moment.", and are able to hone in on minute details with ease depending on the strength of the function (within stack). My Mom (Esfp) is very good at remodeling houses because she appreciates sensory input, and understands how to alter the external environment based on her subjective viewpoint. Both Se and Ne can be highly creative yet Ne delves into the theoretical domain(able to generate new theories based on patterns/relationships) whereas Se delves into the tangible domain (able to manipulate objects in space).
    So, could I be more ISFP than INFP? I feel like I'm more ISFP, but I do generate ideas through patterns and relationships, I mean I'm pretty sure I can have that and still be more on the ISFP side. Not everything is 100%.
    I just figured I am more grounded than INFP and more realistic in ideas than INFP. Nothing against them haha, they have cool thoughts, just not realistic ones

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SigningBeast View Post
    So, could I be more ISFP than INFP? I feel like I'm more ISFP, but I do generate ideas through patterns and relationships, I mean I'm pretty sure I can have that and still be more on the ISFP side. Not everything is 100%.
    I just figured I am more grounded than INFP and more realistic in ideas than INFP. Nothing against them haha, they have cool thoughts, just not realistic ones
    Possibly, yes...One of the misconceptions is that only Ne users generate ideas...yet, clearly Se users can generate ideas attached to the realistic domain whereas for Ne users, it will be attached to the imaginary domain as you mentioned.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SigningBeast View Post
    So, could I be more ISFP than INFP? I feel like I'm more ISFP, but I do generate ideas through patterns and relationships, I mean I'm pretty sure I can have that and still be more on the ISFP side. Not everything is 100%.
    I just figured I am more grounded than INFP and more realistic in ideas than INFP. Nothing against them haha, they have cool thoughts, just not realistic ones

    They are 100% real dude

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPassenger123 View Post
    They are 100% real dude
    Yes it is 100% real, but between Two functions, you could have some from one function and a smidge more from the other. That's what I mean haha.
    But yes, this is 100% real

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Specific IxFP Concerns: Advice Wanted
    By BlueSprout in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 01:53 PM
  2. IxFP
    By bananafish in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
  3. [Fe] IxFP and the creative Fe
    By 527468 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO