• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Thoughts on isfps

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In high school, I skipped more than an entire year and had a GPA of zero-point-something before dropping out and getting an HSED instead.

In college, I never missed a class and even attended 2 days after giving birth and maintained a 4.0 GPA. Go figure. I'd love to go back and earn a degree (life interrupted my plans).

Okay, I'll stop derailing this thread now.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How I view ISFPs

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't really like introverted feeling and extroverted sensing. I find these functions very perplexing.

I always thought these types were emotional harmonizers with their preference for Fi and Fe.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm ISFP (thought I was INFP for a while, but I'm not) and I found that that type wants to do something artistic in their life like be a photographer or an artist, but they realize it's unrealistic so they will go into a job that is more realistic but that can still use that art.
INFPs, on the other, have a more unrealistic job that they want and would want to be a writer, so it'll be harder for them to have a back up plan. Not saying they don't, it'll just be harder for them to choose a more realistic job because what they want and what they value over shadows.
That is why I realized I am more ISFP than INFP.

INFPs do find a more realistic job though, but they just have a harder time than ISFP.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't really like introverted feeling and extroverted sensing. I find these functions very perplexing. I always thought these types were emotional harmonizers with their preference for Fi and Fe.
What is so bad about us? Just kidding haha
I don't understand what you mean tbh haha

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not an ISFP, but there are hardworking ISFPs. I find ISFP 9s to look most like ISFJ, especially because they are deathly afraid of confrontation and disappointing people (sometimes to an ironic degree) that they follow up with plans and expectations... Simply because they can't say no.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find ISFP 9s to look most like ISFJ, especially because they are deathly afraid of confrontation and disappointing people (sometimes to an ironic degree) that they follow up with plans and expectations... Simply because they can't say no.

I am not ISFP 9: confirmed.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
LOOOL, How could you know this? There isn't a pattern of physical attraction and type.
Other than IxFP knowing how to articulate what they're feeling, end up being some songwriters and artists that fangirls fall for. Really depends.

You're probably thinking of INFJs.

INFPs are typically not good at articulating their feelings. They tend to talk about emotionally charged personal experiences.

(and ISFPs... not sure what they talk about... plans for the future?)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm ISFP (thought I was INFP for a while, but I'm not) and I found that that type wants to do something artistic in their life like be a photographer or an artist, but they realize it's unrealistic so they will go into a job that is more realistic but that can still use that art.
INFPs, on the other, have a more unrealistic job that they want and would want to be a writer, so it'll be harder for them to have a back up plan. Not saying they don't, it'll just be harder for them to choose a more realistic job because what they want and what they value over shadows.
That is why I realized I am more ISFP than INFP.

INFPs do find a more realistic job though, but they just have a harder time than ISFP.

Wanting an artistic job but settling for something more realistic is a typical NF storyline. ISFPs are probably the most artistic of the sensors, but they're at home in the realism of the world, not the most artistic leaning generally.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISFPs I love dearly.... I wanna spend more time with them but I gotta focus on my stuff first so I CAN spend more time with them.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I identify as ISFP although perhaps not the exact archetype. I did attend class and do the things I was told but it caused anxiety as all external pressure does. As an adult my life is way more ad hoc than the norm as a freelancer who mostly achieves on my own terms and has simply given up on all the external types of success structures and environments. I'm trained to be a college professor but get physically sick by external pressure, social bragging exchanges, and being an authority that is supposed to make people do things. I think some isfps could perhaps function in the establishment but I can't. I need every day to be different and time alone to enjoy nature and music.
I used to plan but have given up on that. For example I have all my stuff packed to move and my family will ask if I've been job searching but I haven't. I'm just hoping to sell my house for enough that I can figure out work after I find a place to move. I think that's different than most people.

I do let let go of the past and don't regret much, even my mistakes and pain because I don't know if anything better that could have happened. The future makes me nervous.

I often test as infp but I think it's because the tests can't distinguish between strong tertiary Ni and Ne. Oh well. I don't feel much intuition about the world and feel socially lost. Being in nature makes sense to me and I need to experience it literally and not as an identity idea like my infp and Si oriented friends.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me ideas like intuitive physics, science, psychology and the study of any naturally generated process is interesting and makes sense. I understand that as Se (with some Ti or Te) when it's about the concrete world.

What is a stumbling block for me is artificially constructed knowledge like the law, some philosophy, complex imaginative spaces like Tolkien's, etc. for me even complex rules for sports or games wearies me, but that last one wouldn't be as true for all Se users. Even in music I look at principles of sound instead of theory rules. To have to hold thousands of abstract little memes, rules, or labels in my brain is nauseating, but I respect that ability in others.
FWIW