• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTi type/functions and Preferred Humor?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
What do you think is the preferred style of humor that each type possesses or the relation between humor and certain functions?

I enjoy dark humor and creating PUNS...One particular situation I thought was funny was when I was working in a Math Clinic....I noticed the students stressing out a week prior to "Dead Week." I then stated: " We'll have ourselves a Medical Clinic by the time next week rolls around." One of my favorite comedians was George Carlin, who was very good at wordplay.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xxFP. I prefer sarcastic or witty humor. or I usually laugh at the really stupid joke no one else does.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dry humor. I find that most jokes lose any sense of comedy when the delivery overplays it, I feel like many stand-up comedians are incredibly boring to me for this reason.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
xxFP. I prefer sarcastic or witty humor. or I usually laugh at the really stupid joke no one else does.

Life is too short to be taken so seriously....Laughing is a good way to boost endorphins and stay optimistic, which will increase life span. A happy person may perceive life to be shorter than a depressed person, but what matters is the substance.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Dry humor. I find that most jokes lose any sense of comedy when the delivery overplays it, I feel like many stand-up comedians are incredibly boring to me for this reason.

I always enjoyed Joe Kenda's dry humor in the series "Homicide Hunter." I definitely agree that too much expression can really downplay the delivery.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ne humor is always welcome ... finding stupid connection bewteen concepts it's alot of fun.
Carefully written humor is fine too.

Sarcastic humor is fine when you can learn from it , being sarcastic just for that is just meh.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use mostly dark humor, and dry humor. If I am doing puns, I over exaggerate it.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to gravitate toward dark, absurd, over-the-top campy stuff, but I also enjoy my fair share of a dry British wit. As long as I find it funny, it could be anything really, even slapstick. Although, I don't find many stand-up comedians very funny either. I think it's because of the overly forced nature of it all; knowing that they're supposed to make me laugh ruins the whole experience for me. But comedy films are the exception, for some reason.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything silly, random, ridiculous. Jokes made at unexpected moments.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFX, and I love sarcastic humor bordering on dark and cheesy. Like Tim Burton movies.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I do not enjoy any humor. But I think that Extroverted feeler type have a good sense of humor. ESTP can be a great comedian. Sometimes I do not realize that someone told me a humor until they told me that was just kidding.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an ENTJ - I find others' misfortunes funny