• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Question For TJs

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You guys seem like you have it all together. Is that true? Do you ever feel like you’re winging it?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Everyone wings in it some areas at some times. But the most irritating factor is that there are people that say things like ^^. It makes any TJ (or any type for that matter) much less likely to ever seek help if they need it because - strong, competent people don't vocalize when they need help with anything, right? They never need any help, right? Everyone expects it from the weak and vulnerable.

Because we live in a society that doesn't value people at all when you get right down to it, I'm not at all surprised when people ask things like the OP.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If that is the definition I have to say "no" since I am pretty big on being prepared. Even if I don't get all the data in time I prepare quickly for the most part or skip the whole thing since my reaction is never truly impulsive. Even from plenty of crap I am quite likely do make a reasonable plan under the circumstances since I am not too conventional person, so I do not really need to relay on impulse.

But I am pretty extreme in these kinds of things.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everyone wings in it some areas at some times. But the most irritating factor is that there are people that say things like ^^. It makes any TJ (or any type for that matter) much less likely to ever seek help if they need it because - strong, competent people don't vocalize when they need help with anything, right? They never need any help, right? Everyone expects it from the weak and vulnerable.

Because we live in a society that doesn't value people at all when you get right down to it, I'm not at all surprised when people ask things like the OP.

I’m sorry the question is irritating. I believe sometimes one must ask stupid questions to learn, and that’s what I’d like to do. Fwiw I think a good sign of strength and competence is knowing when you need help and being able to ask for it. The “weak and vulnerable” are often the most impressive examples of strength and resilience imo.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I’m sorry the question is irritating. I believe sometimes one must ask stupid questions to learn, and that’s what I’d like to do. Fwiw I think a good sign of strength and competence is knowing when you need help and being able to ask for it. The “weak and vulnerable” are often the most impressive examples of strength and resilience imo.

I'm not calling you irritating and I don't think it's a stupid question. And no I'm not attacking the weak and vulnerable at all. I'm only saying, because of the low value we place on people to begin with, one group is expected to fail and one is expected to never fail. You see what I'm getting at and how that's a standard unfair to both groups?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Taking action in the moment...

Те cannot take action in the moment (Se) unless you are ENTJ but that is still questionable since this Se is passive, mean ENTJ cannot enforce MOMENTUM instead they can in stress create momentum (reckless action with loosing big picture) . :D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
This post strikes me as something written in the moment. :cool:

I mean...

ISTJ - sloooowwww
INTJ - still cannot
ESTJ - it looks like they can but... :shock:
ENTJ - in stress situation they can be real improviser

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not calling you irritating and I don't think it's a stupid question. And no I'm not attacking the weak and vulnerable at all. I'm only saying, because of the low value we place on people to begin with, one group is expected to fail and one is expected to never fail. You see what I'm getting at and how that's a standard unfair to both groups?

I didn’t think you were attacking the weak and vulnerable, I understood it as contrasting to illustrate a point. I do see how it is an unfair standard. One the reasons I asked the OP is because the last time I bothered to wonder what it’s like being a TJ (on another forum far, far away) most individuals preferred to pass themselves off as invulnerable. It seemed a bit odd at the time. I wondered if it was the same here. I’m really glad you answered. You seem very genuine.

And about the stupid question bit, it’s an occasional tactic of mine to ask simple questions to get people talking. Even though it often causes them to think I’m benighted for awhile. You didn’t hurt my feelings. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For me this question/thread is actually hard to answer because the potential options are pretty stereotypical. I am fairly capable of interacting with physical world but I do that with pretty well defined desires and goals. While in this thread action is in a way merged with improvisation.

My tritype profile explained it pretty well.

5-1-3: exacting, methodical, organized and fairly self-righteous, these Fives have a compulsive need for logic and order in their environment. They are hard-working and more practical and pragmatic than other Fives, focusing on the efficiency and improvement of the systems that interest them. They also enjoy and expect receiving the deserved recognition for their efforts, considering their time and involvement very precious. This tritype is one of the most cool-headed, rigid and self-controlled.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-1, 3-5-1, 1-5-3
flavours: exigent, methodical, formal and efficient
Employing mechanisms based on a feeling of competence.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To do something well, you need to work hard to achieve it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To do something well, you need to work hard to achieve it.

Or be smart/educated enough to know which shortcut(s) to take. Not everything is in hard work but hard deliberate work really help in most situations.

rav3n

You guys seem like you have it all together. Is that true? Do you ever feel like you’re winging it?
Can't speak for others but for myself, it depends on whether or not it's important to me. But sometimes, not every possibility is known and every contingency planned for, hence results can cause the need to decision make on the fly and if so, that's okay and expected as well.

When it comes to fun, that's an entirely different beast.

Jaguar

Те cannot take action in the moment (Se) unless you are ENTJ but that is still questionable since this Se is passive, mean ENTJ cannot enforce MOMENTUM instead they can in stress create momentum (reckless action with loosing big picture) . :D

For the love of christ, man. Speak for yourself.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
For the love of christ, man. Speak for yourself.

As ENTJ you don't have active Se. You Se is passive and only active in stress and only what can cause is HARMING to yourself and people but self is important more because you are ENTJ.
Do you want as ENTJ to be feel as crippled, vulnerable, incapable idiot you just do random thing without any meaning like you SEARCH something because you are not capable to create your OWN? I don't think so. ;)