• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Question For TJs

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

On the other hand, the weak don't ask for help because they're not strong enough to admit to their inescapable human vulnerability. Either way you look at it...but I see asking for help as something that definitely requires some strength, honesty, and courage often times. Being vulnerable at times is inevitable, but admitting to it is difficult for many. Difficulty is overcome through strength.

A bit off topic now, but generally speaking I have respect for those who aren't afraid to be seen as vulnerable, it shows they have confidence in their strength to move past the unavoidable. Those who are afraid to be seen as weak often truly are, and their sensitivity is why they hide.

I’ve had people tell they admire my willingness to show vulnerability even though I’m an 8.

And my response is always suprise, I don’t see myself as vulnerable. I see myself as someone who is confudent enough to survive a direct hit to the chest without armor.
....which, I guess is just amother way of saying exactly what you just did. :laugh:
( I did not mean to 8splain.)

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
:huh:

I’ve had people tell they admire my willingness to show vulnerability even though I’m an 8.

And my response is always suprise, I don’t see myself as vulnerable. I see myself as someone who is confudent enough to survive a direct hit to the chest without armor.

Interesting. I do something similar, just "accept I'm human and deal with it realistically" type of person. Everyone is vulnerable, no one buys anything otherwise anyways.

Edit: I meant to say I typically leave my vulnerabilities exposed and just endure, similarly to you. I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit o armor and it's often wise, I was just saying full on denial is weak in my mind's eye.

....which, I guess is just amother way of saying exactly what you just did. :laugh:
( I did not mean to 8splain.)
Lol it's ok.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
dom Si are least risk takers of all types.
They like to careful consider every single possibility rather then jump into action.
Their mind is like "don't jump into anything, be careful by your words, be careful by your action, work-hard and watch how your dreams are coming to you!"

Risk takers:
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Ne
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Te
|||||||||||||||||| Ti
||||||| Se
|||||| Ni

Hmm ok, Si would have one single "|" in your chart? :)

Interestingly enough, I very strongly relate to the last part, "work-hard and watch how your dreams are coming to you" but I don't relate to being extremely cautious... I feel I'm average with it. I sometimes am seen as reckless even. I don't feel I am, though... then maybe later, months or years later I realise how it was actually kind of reckless lol.

I would say "winging it" works well if the situation is familiar enough.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Would you give me an example of a familiar situation where you can wing it and one that's not familiar enough so I can follow better what you had in mind here?

I may have felt shy when I was younger - not now, nor am I insecure. But sensitive, yes in a few ways. In HSP ways to crowds, noise or light but internally as well. This may be why I felt a really strong pull to public service/advocacy and activism relatively later in life.

It has little to do with the current political situation and more to do with the current political situation exposing much that's existed for history of the country - that's become intolerable. I'm sensitive to it. But I discovered a whole world of opportunity that allows me to take that sensitivity and channel it into productive use. Because otherwise I would sit there with my sensitivity and hate it because it feels pointless.

Interesting so you are actively in touch with your sensitive feelings that compel you to go and be active for causes? Having a strong awareness for these feelings? Is this typical for xxTJs or only for IxTJs and less so for ExTJs? If this is type related at all.

[MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] or anyone else here talking about vulnerability, mind telling me what you mean by it? How do you experience it?

PS: I'm just trying to see more about xxTJs by looking at real people who are xxTJs :).

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
@Hexcoder or anyone else here talking about vulnerability, mind telling me what you mean by it? How do you experience it?

PS: I'm just trying to see more about xxTJs by looking at real people who are xxTJs :).
Are you asking me personally for the purpose of collecting information on TJs?
I don't think it's really MBTI related.
If what you said about collecting for TJs is non applicable to your question to me and you're interested in the general topic then perhaps I should answer in DMs or we should create a new thread, since it's a little off topic...just let me know.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm ok, Si would have one single "|" in your chart? :)

Interestingly enough, I very strongly relate to the last part, "work-hard and watch how your dreams are coming to you" but I don't relate to being extremely cautious... I feel I'm average with it. I sometimes am seen as reckless even. I don't feel I am, though... then maybe later, months or years later I realise how it was actually kind of reckless lol.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Would you give me an example of a familiar situation where you can wing it and one that's not familiar enough so I can follow better what you had in mind here?

Interesting so you are actively in touch with your sensitive feelings that compel you to go and be active for causes? Having a strong awareness for these feelings? Is this typical for xxTJs or only for IxTJs and less so for ExTJs? If this is type related at all.

[MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] or anyone else here talking about vulnerability, mind telling me what you mean by it? How do you experience it?

I chalk a lot of it up to being married to an ENFJ 9w8 for years. The rest I attribute to maturing and more easily weeding out the stuff that doesn't matter in life.

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question for INTJs: Do you, or did you ever, view yourself as sensitive and/or shy/insecure?

Yes to all of those. That isn't a view I like having of myself, but at times, it's something I must face; I value self-awareness very much.

As for OP's question: generally, I don't like feeling like I'm "winging" it, I'd rather be prepared beforehand. I'm generally bad at improvising; sometimes, when put in an unexpected situation, I freeze instead of having any sort of quick thinking -- it's one of my greatest weaknesses. Of course, it also depends on the situation itself; some situations, even if they are unexpected, I can be prepared for and react accordingly when needed.

I don't think I look all that "put together", I worry about how things might play out, I can lack confidence on my plan/decisions, sometimes I swing back and forth between options (especially if it's something relatively minor and inconsequential), I have moments of hesitation just as I have moments of impulsiveness, etc. I wasn't born with natural confidence and self-assurance, quite the contrary, it's a skill I have yet to fully develop.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Familiar: I volunteer with a group that does science activities with kids. There are a handful of different activities I typically do, depending on age/grade/etc. I have done these often enough in enough different settings that I can pretty much handle anything that comes up without much specific advance preparation, whether that be schedule changes, equipment not working, unruly kids, etc.

Unfamiliar: The first time I travelled alone overseas, I really over-researched and over-planned everything, because I didn't know what to expect, and how difficult it would be to handle problems that might come up. Fortunately the trip was smooth, and now I have done that enough that it, too, is fairly familiar, at least to certain parts of the world. Part of my comfort with it now, though, is that initial over-preparation has become second-nature, so I don't have to put too much thought or effort into it.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
On scale 1 to 100 these are 50+ ones. Si has 1 on score while Ne has 100.

OK, I see. :smile: Yeah ok that's not me, I'm definitely not at 1 on that scale.

I chalk a lot of it up to being married to an ENFJ 9w8 for years. The rest I attribute to maturing and more easily weeding out the stuff that doesn't matter in life.

Hmm I see, so it's like taking up Fe (as a TJ?) or just Feeling in general?

Are you asking me personally for the purpose of collecting information on TJs?
I don't think it's really MBTI related.
If what you said about collecting for TJs is non applicable to your question to me and you're interested in the general topic then perhaps I should answer in DMs or we should create a new thread, since it's a little off topic...just let me know.

It seemed like Fi related to me so I was asking yeah. But you can talk about it in general too, sure, why not, if you are up for doing a new thread, let me know. :)

....Shit. I basically always just wing it.

This is more on topic here, lol, do you wing it for the new situations as well unlike Coriolis in post #129?

Familiar: I volunteer with a group that does science activities with kids. There are a handful of different activities I typically do, depending on age/grade/etc. I have done these often enough in enough different settings that I can pretty much handle anything that comes up without much specific advance preparation, whether that be schedule changes, equipment not working, unruly kids, etc.

Unfamiliar: The first time I travelled alone overseas, I really over-researched and over-planned everything, because I didn't know what to expect, and how difficult it would be to handle problems that might come up. Fortunately the trip was smooth, and now I have done that enough that it, too, is fairly familiar, at least to certain parts of the world. Part of my comfort with it now, though, is that initial over-preparation has become second-nature, so I don't have to put too much thought or effort into it.

Ahh ok thanks for the examples, all clear now. Lol I dunno my type still but in the same "unfamiliar situation" as that, I researched fuck all. I didn't try to expect anything specific really. Uh I was like, okay, it's still the Earth, still people, still a civilised world... and I didn't really see what to research beyond that. Didn't even think of it.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3

Why do you think it's Fi?

Because it seemed to be related to the inner personal self and feelings related to that. If that makes sense.

BTW... someone above was saying "I see myself as someone who is confident enough to survive a direct hit to the chest without armor."

I dunno if that's really about confidence. How well a truly direct hit like that is dealt with doesn't have to do much with confidence per se, IMO. When it truly is felt as a *direct* hit, then what matters is how well you can feel the resulting feelings. This is what I think anyway.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question for INTJs: Do you, or did you ever, view yourself as sensitive and/or shy/insecure?

All the time. I know my weaknesses more than my strengths. I am not ashamed to admit it, it is part of being human. I am frequently humbled by far more amazing people, and get inspired to improve. You cannot improve, without pain. Emotions included. I reaffirm my convictions frequently, as I expose myself to opposing beliefs frequently. As a result, I have far more unshakable beliefs as time goes on.