• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Question For TJs

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Preparation is relative. I enjoy doing things I haven't done before. I guess I would be unprepared at first but I will tend to dive in and figure it out and I have a general sense of high confidence that I can do that with most anything I set my mind to. For important work meetings where I need to present something, I definitely like to be prepared

I wasn't saying I did this. I was responding to a definition question. :p

But I am usually fairly unprepared for things, so I guess in a roundabout way it counts as a response from me. >_>

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can have benefit from ter Se but still this function works against you not for you! It is reason why ENxJ can loose their sense for BIG PICTURE.

They are right. Suggest you read up on the role of the tertiary function and how it develops in people as they get older as well (usually)

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Si = suppose to be
Ne = could be

Just put ENTP next to ISTJ and see what will happen :D

Yeah, but there's a spectrum in terms of the polarity between functions... One ISTJ may over utilize Si and hence dampen Ne to a higher degree than another ISTJ. The same is held true for ENTP...Therefore, for all interactions between ISTJ's and ENTP's, there will exists situations in which the polarity (Ne + and Ne-) converges. Thus, some interactions will clearly run smoother than others.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
They are right. Suggest you read up on the role of the tertiary function and how it develops in people as they get older as well (usually)

I know what i role of ter functions. They try to present as something we have in active mode (something that we can control) but this function is something which we cannot control at all!
This is like passive ability of hero when you play games. It can have benefit for you but if you insist to activate it you can end ham, hurt yourself or even die.
Example is when IxTJ claim that they understand people well (in theory) while in reality... well you know your ability of your Fi. :(
Same with ENxJ Se or ISxP Ni or ENxP Fe etc... ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As ENTJ you don't have active Se. You Se is passive and only active in stress and only what can cause is HARMING to yourself and people but self is important more because you are ENTJ.
Do you want as ENTJ to be feel as crippled, vulnerable, incapable idiot you just do random thing without any meaning like you SEARCH something because you are not capable to create your OWN? I don't think so. ;)

That is questionable because without active Se you can't cross the street on average day and the last time I check all types can do that. Since it is evident that we all actively use all 8 function but with different level of development.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't saying I did this. I was responding to a definition question. :p But I am usually fairly unprepared for things, so I guess in a roundabout way it counts as a response from me. >_>
Oh I know. I was responding to your clarification of the question.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
That is questionable because without active Se you can't cross the street on average day and the last time I check all types can do that. Since it is evident that we all actively use all 8 function but with different level of development.

But judging by your grammar your Se is perhaps indeed passive. :D
(Or English simply isn't your first language)

If you are ExTJ your Se is natural activate every time when you use your Te/Fe.
But this is passive ability. Like Te is the hammer and Se is the anvil.

English is not my fist language.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what i role of ter functions.
Where are you getting your information from? I would be happy to recommend some references for you to consider.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Where are you getting your information from? I would be happy to recommend some references for you to consider.

In socionics Super-ID block is out of your control but still consensuses. Everything bellow Super-ID block is not consensuses.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you are ExTJ your Se is natural activate every time when you use your Te/Fe.
But this is passive ability. Like Te is the hammer and Se is the anvil.

English is not my fist language.

Ok, because that post really wasn't fully clear.

To be honest I am highly skeptical about this entire function order thing because much of this is in conflict with biology, Si-Ne types don't have Se at all but they evidently navigate the environment. While Se-Ni types have memory even if Si isn't really in the picture. Etc.

rav3n

In socionics Super-ID block is out of your control but still consensuses. Everything bellow Super-ID block is not consensuses.
Super-ID block in socionics is Fi for ENTJs, which is the inferior function in function stacking theory. The inferior function is opposed to the dominant function so there's no disparity between these two different theories, only disparity in your understanding of either theory.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok, because that post really wasn't fully clear.

To be honest I am highly skeptical about this entire function order thing because much of this is in conflict with biology, Si-Ne types don't have Se at all but they evidently navigate the environment. While Se-Ni types have memory even if Si isn't really in the picture. Etc.

They navigate yes. But how? What do they need to accomplish this simple task? That is another question. :D

Si is not memory.
Ni as TIME is also past but with selective approach.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Super-ID block in socionics is Fi for ENTJs, which is the inferior function in function stacking theory. The inferior function is opposed to the dominant function so there's no disparity between these two different theories, only disparity in your understanding in either theory.

Ego block is 1st and 2nd
Super-ID block 3rd and 4th.
ID block is 5th and 6th
Super-Ego block 7th and 8th.

rav3n

Ego block is 1st and 2nd
Super-ID block 3rd and 4th.
ID block is 5th and 6th
Super-Ego block 7th and 8th.
Clearly, mixing and matching theories without understanding what underpins them, is a great way to understand theories.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
They navigate yes. But how? That is another question. :D

Si is not memory.
Ni as TIME is also past but with selective approach.

By navigate I mean not ending under the bus.
I know that Si isn't memory fully but memory and Si evidently have a fair amount of overlap in definitions I have seen.

Regarding the topic: on the second thought I can get sloppy/simplistic if I am really tired and I just want to go to the bed since I didn't sleep last night.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Clearly, mixing and matching theories without understanding what underpins them, is a great way to understand theories.

Socioncs is more Jung then MBTI .;)

BTW...
And you never question why dominate is opposite to inferior?
4 functions looks like the cross. :D

Intuition <--------> Sansing
Thinking <---------> Feeling

I think you can find on the internet book about Jung function theory. :D

rav3n

Socioncs is more Jung then MBTI .;)

BTW...
And you never question why dominate is opposite to inferior?
4 functions looks like the cross. :D

Intuition <--------> Sansing
Thinking <---------> Feeling

I think you can find on the internet book about Jung function theory. :D
I've read Jung.

You cannot apply the stacking model of socionics to cognitive function theory. They're different beasts.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've read Jung.

You cannot apply the stacking model of socionics to cognitive function theory. They're different beasts.

They have same root. They are not pyramids of Maya and Egyptians that we need "alien theory" to explain similarity. ;)

rav3n

They have same root. They are not pyramids of Maya and Egyptians that we need "alien theory" to explain similarity. ;)
Humans have the same roots aka out of africa, but you can't apply one culture's mores to another.