• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do N types live in highly traditionalist, insulated communities?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooohh, this is a good question. I actually think that Ns could be equally as drawn to such communities because of an attractive vision. Although, I see them "thriving" more in the culty environments than the blatantly restrictive ones. IJs and some EJs in general like order, so they may buck less against conservative communities than their P counterparts.
Nailed it with "culty"

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I think I would be to happy being busy and feeling useful and appreciated. I have honestly grown very tired of the area I live in for the opposite reason. There is zero concept of community. Saying "Hi" to people you pass is seen as a sign of aggression. The only thing I know about my neighbors is that one of them is a drug dealer and is constantly screaming at his poor little dog ( when he isn't getting the cops called on him for fighting with other people) And the rest smoke outside my window ( or in their own apartment letting the smoke directly into my bedroom) 24/7. There is ZERO tradition; no one celebrates any Holidays. Every season, every day is the same with nothing to look forward too. It's soul crushing. I think in a traditional community I could always leave for a bit when I got bored.
i think this is at the core of what makes us seek community. feeling of value and knowing thatc you have contributed in your own way is one of the cornerstones of happiness

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea. I don't even know to make it in life myself. Who am I to give advice?

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to be a Traditional Catholic (for 10 years, '06-'16). There was a sophisticated theory behind Traditional Catholicism, in which Intuitive types were at ease. Intuitive types in this community talked more about the abstract theory than the concrete cases. Most Traditional Catholics I've known were N-types.