• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Function?

rav3n

Function theory 101.

1. Dom is the driver.
  2. Aux is the supporting function to the dom but can be enslaved by the dom in unhealthy individuals.
  3. Tert is the relief function to the dom and if undeveloped, resides in the unconscious. So when the dominant function strategies aren't working or are exhausted, the individual relies on this function to drive.
  4. Inferior is in opposition to the dom and is in the unconscious so the individual won't even be aware of why they're behaving as they do.

If you bear the above concept in mind, applying it towards situations, everything will logically follow.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you as INFJ don't have problem if something unexpected happen to you?
Or sensing of world full of noises... Right. :dry:

But Se isn’t attacking me though. Just as any situation. We go by the first function and then go down the stack. Proper care of oneself can prevent inferior eruptions.

I prefer the novel anyway lol :D

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I talk about Ni not Se. :D[/QUOTE]

I hope this was just a reiteration as a joke :D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
But Ni>Se could be as well, if Ni is "THE TIME" and waits for the right time; they must have a sense of timing.

Yes but Se>Ni is natural. Because it is relate to physical things unlike Ni. :D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
But Se isn’t attacking me though. Just as any situation. We go by the first function and then go down the stack. Proper care of oneself can prevent inferior eruptions.

I prefer the novel anyway lol :D

Taking care about self (Si) is something what dom Ni doesn't know.
So because this ignorance it is logical that World (Se) attack him. :D

Metis

But Ni is internal function not external. ;)

Ok, but:

Ni is not about time, Ni is THE TIME. It is observing function with ability to wait or create right circumstances for right action. :D

mode
dom Ni -> wait and create (Falcon)
aux Ni -> create, wait -> stress -> act in right time (Eagle)
ter Ni -> wait or act in right time -> (Cheetah)
inf Ni -> act in right time -> (Leo)

Speaks to an internal sense of timing.

Also, I've met quite a few ENFJ musicians with an outstanding sense of--what feels like--pulling the entire room & event into some kind of time vortex that feels very measured, even while no music is going on.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok, but:

Also, I've met quite a few ENFJ musicians with an outstanding sense of--what feels like--pulling the entire room & event into some kind of time vortex that feels very measured, even while no music is going on.

I don't speak about certain people I speak about probability. Every type can be good musician.
For example ESxP is grate musician in sense of scene because they can fire up scene! They often become that! :)
While ISxJ are better classical musician without moving and fleshing around.

Metis

I don't know speak about certain people I speak about probability. Every type can be good musician.

Yeah, but you're saying Ni is good at acting in the right time. That's not just internal.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, but you're saying Ni is good at acting in the right time. That's not just internal.

See table again. :D

dom Ni -> wait and create (Falcon) <-----

Metis

See table again. :D

dom Ni -> wait and create (Falcon) <-----

That's what I'm referring to, as well as your aux Ni line.

Metis

That's what I'm referring to, as well as your aux Ni line.

It sounds like you're saying that Ni is a function that helps people wait & then act at the correct time, instead of getting caught up in the moment. [MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION]

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
It sounds like you're saying that Ni is a function that helps people wait & then act at the correct time, instead of getting caught up in the moment. [MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION]

Introverted Intuitives (dom Ni) YES! :D

You see big picture (both Thinking and Feeling is there) , waiting (observing -> Ni THIS IS DEFAULT STAGE OF Ni -> do nothing, just observe and wait sometimes too much in stress ) and then you create right circumstances that leads you to act. :D

aux Ni - also is ACTIVE function but problem with aux Ni is in stress it wants to PUSH THE CREATION of moment at all cause instead be patient and waiting right circumstances. So as the Eagle aux Ni get lost for sensing big picture because you are not just Intuitive but Intuitive and Sensing (both theory and facts) ;)

ter Ni is passive , so it just wait (energy is limited but speed is incredible) for the moment to act and the launch himself with vision like the Cheetah!

inf Ni is lack of timing. When you see pray you make decisions both with Thinking and Feelings YOU JUST GET THERE!