First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Thinking. This is Thinking.

Due to the processes outlined in the OP being completely within the realm of reason - this can not be intuition. Can people please stop screwing this up, it's embarrassing and it's been going on for far too long.
    Hypothesizing in the fashion in the OP is Thinking. It is thought. It is imagining a situation, and thinking up (literally) possible outcomes in the first instance, and in the second instance with guessing the profession of the accountant, it is based on observing a persons behaviour (Sensation) and again, Thinking about what is a most likely outcome.

None of this is intuition. Intuition is irrational. It is simply perception. It is looking at someone and just knowing they are an accountant, without having any idea of how you know, you just "know". It is not observing them for however long (perceiving sensory facts) and hypothesizing on what their profession might be after also spending time "understanding the environmental effect" being an accountant has on behavioural traits. Even if this was a guess - even if the OP did not study the behaviour of accountants, and simply imagined, or thought up, how they think an accountant might behave - this is STILL Thinking. Let there be no doubt, this is Thinking. It is thought.

People suggesting intuition here, stop, please at least try to understand the functions before posting on internet forums.
    Completely embarrassing to see intuition suggested here, when such a clear example of Thinking (supported by Sensation!) is present.
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    Thinking. This is Thinking. Due to the processes outlined in the OP being completely within the realm of reason - this can not be intuition. Can people please stop screwing this up, it's embarrassing and it's been going on for far too long. Hypothesizing in the fashion in the OP is Thinking. It is thought. It is imagining a situation, and thinking up (literally) possible outcomes in the first instance, and in the second instance with guessing the profession of the accountant, it is based on observing a persons behaviour (Sensation) and again, Thinking about what is a most likely outcome. None of this is intuition. Intuition is irrational. It is simply perception. It is looking at someone and just knowing they are an accountant, without having any idea of how you know, you just "know". It is not observing them for however long (perceiving sensory facts) and hypothesizing on what their profession might be after also spending time "understanding the environmental effect" being an accountant has on behavioural traits. Even if this was a guess - even if the OP did not study the behaviour of accountants, and simply imagined, or thought up, how they think an accountant might behave - this is STILL Thinking. Let there be no doubt, this is Thinking. It is thought. People suggesting intuition here, stop, please at least try to understand the functions before posting on internet forums. Completely embarrassing to see intuition suggested here, when such a clear example of Thinking (supported by Sensation!) is present.
    I agree. Intuition, especially introverted, tends to be difficult to grasp because most don't use it as often. Intuition, however, does require sensation preceeding the event at which the insight is generated via the subconcious. The inward direction of mental energy is a requisite for introverted intuition. That is, a repository of meaning/relations can be formulated at higher frequency over time if energy is invested internally for that purpose. One of my strengths is pattern recognition, which is why I enjoyed creating math theories and formulas, however, I have low attention to specific details. So, I was able to predict her career type via external patterns derived from environment. Sensation is essentially a pre-requisite for the derivation of intuition and as you know, everyone uses intuition. The reason the output is unknown to the individual who utilizes intuition is because the sensory input (generalized) over time is continually being processed internally til the saturation point is reached. This saturation point encompasses multiple sensory inputs over time hence, it is extremely difficult to pinpoint where it was derived. Intuition is not very hard to understand. There is a thought pattern in relation to those who use it often and those who rely on sensory pleasure/experience. Introverted intuition is a function of the ability to recognize implications and search deeply for meaning/relations through an evolved thought process. The mind is constantly active and hence, conscious thought will feed intuition under the correct circumstances. Conversely, the polar function (Se) would lead to the propensity to discard these attributes.

My awareness to the environment is also hindered because i am always searching inward in my mind, which causes me to zone out often. I'm not sure of my exact type, although I could be Se secondary. My dominant function is likely introverted and over developed (Ti?), hence, zoning out. The only contradiction to this claim is that I rarely think of "sex" like most men in their 20's. I also do not care for aesthetics or appearance in general, and I am a minimalist. So, perhaps I utilize Si.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ni and Ne.

I think Ne is better at predicting things in the short term and Ni is better at predicting things in the long run.
    Better yet, Ne and Ni working together. The divergence of Ne and convergence of Ni in any situation allow drawing pretty accurate maps of the behavior of any complicated system. Granted, if both know what they're doing.

Most of my A-ha! moments were when I was in the company of a shrewd NP intuiting and sensing seemingly unrelated probabilities.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Better yet, Ne and Ni working together. The divergence of Ne and convergence of Ni in any situation allow drawing pretty accurate maps of the behavior of any complicated system. Granted, if both know what they're doing.

Most of my A-ha! moments were when I was in the company of a shrewd NP intuiting and sensing seemingly unrelated probabilities.
    I also tend to get "A-ha" moments after periods of contemplation or attempting to solve a complicated problem. The answer will arrive at random moments, but clearly it's due to a connected stream of past inputs. Ni users are adept at soaking in environmental input in a generalized view to derive a broader framework whereas Se users are adept at soaking environmental input in a specific view to derive maximum pleasure. Both are selective at doing so, but for different reasons. Now, there exists a tolerance level according to the adaptation process through time. By getting accustomed to some input, the end product (output) will eventually become less sensitive in respect to the initial effect once adaptation is satisfied. For this reason, Ni users tend to be highly sensitive to sensory input because a tolerance limit is less likely to be attained. Because Ni is a function that projects forward, the propensity to predict outcomes is more likely. This ensures events will align according to the intended goal, which is facilitated by the adaptation to changes in time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post

I think the two together can be really powerful.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    Fool

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think the two together can be really powerful.
    Actually everyone can do that ... Thinking is what make us see other posibilities.