User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Physical traits and MBTI

this thread is mostly for fun, not a very scientific one though. from your personal observations, have you ever noticed a certain MBTI type sharing the same physical features, posture, or weirdly, common illnesses (not psychological).

i especially found some types to be extremely thin since childhood and others more prone for weight gain. or certain postural patterns like hunch back or forward neck.

or any kind of feature that makes you doubt that this person`s type migh be xxxx. most likely, these features would be related with cognitive functions, as we know.(of your into that side of typing)
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

i noticed that most INFJs i know have suffered from, or were prone to, hunch back.

ESTJs and INFJs are almost very thin as children and adults.

ENFJs are more prone to forward neck. even before phones were so common. and more prone to stress-eating as well as ISFJs.
    one thing i know for sure, most types are prone to stress eating.
    do you relate to any of these, whatever your type is?

and i`m not sure about this, but do INTPs go thinner if stressed out?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I notice certain movements in the face or such can be correlated with type, but I'm unsure about actual physical features.
    "No human being is ever beyond redemption. The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists. How to support that possibility in others & in ourselves is the ultimate question.”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    I notice certain movements in the face or such can be correlated with type, but I'm unsure about actual physical features.
    can you put simply some examples? like e.g i can recognize a pattern that apply to most INFP through mouth shape and way of movement, it might be weird but very true. everyone who had that pattern was a INFP.

MBTI
    SINE

I'm sure those with dominant Ne will have accelerated eye movement as their mind is firing from idea to the next.... ESTJ/INTJ tend to have a stoic look, which is indicative of repressed Fi. Physical features are a function of embryonic hormone output and genetics....testosterone is linked with lack of empathy in excess (aspergers/autism), which can manifest with higher order thinking/pattern recognition abilities. Estrogen is linked with empathy, but it gets interesting with the variance of personality traits of each parent passed onto their children. For this reason, there will be a weak correlation with physical features and personality traits. The same is true with grades and intellect...Some people tend to believe grades imply intellect, yet clearly a scattered relation exists. For instance, suppose a subset of the population with the same intellect is selected. Define a function such that the x axis denotes time, y axis = condition y1, y2,..., yn. and z axis = grades (%). Now, there will exist a direct relationship between effort and grades. But what if we apply a negative condition to the subset that is applied to the y axis such as ADD, depression, degree of conscientiousness, exc. Then it is clearly evident that as the severity of each condition increases (down the y axis), grades will decline rapidly. If you connect all the possible functions in respect to all possible negative conditions, it will be shown that there is a scattered relationship....meaning no correlation if at all. Also, my INFJ brother happens to be very "thin," mainly because he is not in tune with eating habits, and is especially reliant on fast food.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AStrange~Nostalgia View Post
    can you put simply some examples? like e.g i can recognize a pattern that apply to most INFP through mouth shape and way of movement, it might be weird but very true. everyone who had that pattern was a INFP.
    Some people believe visual typing is accurate and some don't, but if you look online you can find video examples and explanations of it, mostly having to do with eye and facial movement. Mouth shape could have to do with Fi/Fe, as the theory goes that wide-stretching and more symmetrical smiles are correlated with Fe and upwards-stretching and kinda snarly looking smiles are correlated with Fi. Fi users typically have more visually recognizable laugh lines as their smiles create apparent mouth lines, hence the correlation with the appearance of a snarl as screwing your face into a snarl-like expression pulls the same muscles around the mouth.
    "No human being is ever beyond redemption. The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists. How to support that possibility in others & in ourselves is the ultimate question.”
    Likes AStrange~Nostalgia liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    Some people believe visual typing is accurate and some don't, but if you look online you can find video examples and explanations of it, mostly having to do with eye and facial movement.
    Well I do believe visual typing is accurate. But this is not visual typing thread for real, it about non scientific observations.
    For me I type people subconsciously but there are few types I know them 100% by the face and expressions. Like INFP INFJ INTJ fr example.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    I'm sure those with dominant Ne will have accelerated eye movement as their mind is firing from idea to the next.... ESTJ/INTJ tend to have a stoic look, which is indicative of repressed Fi. Physical features are a function of embryonic hormone output and genetics....testosterone is linked with lack of empathy in excess (aspergers/autism), which can manifest with higher order thinking/pattern recognition abilities. Estrogen is linked with empathy, but it gets interesting with the variance of personality traits of each parent passed onto their children. For this reason, there will be a weak correlation with physical features and personality traits.
    interesting...I have noticed that too but didn`t think it was a serious connection.

The same is true with grades and intellect...Some people tend to believe grades imply intellect, yet clearly a scattered relation exists. For instance, suppose a subset of the population with the same intellect is selected. Define a function such that the x axis denotes time, y axis = condition y1, y2,..., yn. and z axis = grades (%). Now, there will exist a direct relationship between effort and grades. But what if we apply a negative condition to the subset that is applied to the y axis such as ADD, depression, degree of conscientiousness, exc. Then it is clearly evident that as the severity of each condition increases (down the y axis), grades will decline rapidly. If you connect all the possible functions in respect to all possible negative conditions, it will be shown that there is a scattered relationship....meaning no correlation if at all. Also, my INFJ brother happens to be very "thin," mainly because he is not in tune with eating habits, and is especially reliant on fast food.
    I`m not sure I understood anything of this half of your post. can you tell me what part of typology you were talking about, I would be interested t search for it.

and I know this is out of the blue, but, are you INTJ? your post gives such aura

Also, my INFJ brother happens to be very "thin," mainly because he is not in tune with eating habits, and is especially reliant on fast food.
    yes that`s what I meant. INFJ (all the one I`ve ever seen) have a habit as picky eaters and prefer to eat unhealthy all the time if you let them do what they want. same with most ESTJ they are picky eaters and like to try every restaurant in the place, but they are more sensible in that than INFJ.

though I`m not generalizing. it a matter of personal observation through a sample of people from the same MBTI. approximately or more 20 person.

p.s: you can use some paragraphing in your post.it`s hard to concentrate and keep losing the line.

MBTI
    SINE

I`m not sure I understood anything of this half of your post. can you tell me what part of typology you were talking about, I would be interested t search for it.

and I know this is out of the blue, but, are you INTJ? your post gives such aura

-->I wasn't talking about a specific subset of typology, but I was trying to bridge the claim that there is a weak correlation, if any between physical features and MBTI functions. There is, however, correlation between certain expressions and functions....Types that contemplate often and internalize their thoughts tend to consume energy within, which most likely manifests as the projection of less outward energy (enthusiasm, exc). Conversely, types that actively seek external influence will outwardly project their energy in an expressive form. Further, externalized emotion will yield more variation in facial contraction, which can alter facial muscles over time (tension/ease).

-->I always get INTP if considering the questionnaire, yet I always question my type....A few of my weaknesses, however, are poor attention to details, lack of awareness to environment, uneasiness within large crowds, and constant misplacement of items....

yes that`s what I meant. INFJ (all the one I`ve ever seen) have a habit as picky eaters and prefer to eat unhealthy all the time if you let them do what they want. same with most ESTJ they are picky eaters and like to try every restaurant in the place, but they are more sensible in that than INFJ.

-->You're observation definitely holds with my brother (INFJ) who is a very picky eater and is careless in terms of health. I do believe fast food is a consequence because the taste buds adapt to extremes (high salt, high sugar, exc), which in turn causes a negative reaction to foods tending towards the other extreme.

though I`m not generalizing. it a matter of personal observation through a sample of people from the same MBTI. approximately or more 20 person.

p.s: you can use some paragraphing in your post.it`s hard to concentrate and keep losing the line.[/QUOTE]

Since this thread isn't about anything official or proven, have you ever seen this somatype chart? My body type is ecto-meso which is a close enough to fit. All the INTPs that I've been involved with, past and present, are ectos.

Here are the three official body types.