User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31

    Default

    I have found that a lot of INFPs like having long hair, especially long layered hair, myself included.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I have a website on visual identification using the MBTI, which you can check out here: MBTI Typings of Famous People
    Likes AStrange~Nostalgia liked this post

  3. #33
    Senior Member AStrange~Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatthefluff View Post
    I have found that a lot of INFPs like having long hair, especially long layered hair, myself included.
    that`s really weird ! my INFP friends ALL of them have exceptionally looong hair. since you`re a one, why do you think is that?

  4. #34
    Senior Member AStrange~Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanra13 View Post
    I'm in the middle of mesomorph and ectomorph. Pretty thin, but I actually have muscular structure to it. Not like a traditionally skinny person like the stereotype would be. Lanky. I never really put on weight other than muscle tone. Idk what that has to do with my type. I suppose it's common with NTP's idk.
    yes I think it has sth to do with your type, at least in my experience, I`ve always noticed that about ENTPs in particular they are generally thin but with good muscle distribution to it. I think the stereotypical thin, lanky person is more suited to INTPs in general.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStrange~Nostalgia View Post
    this thread is mostly for fun, not a very scientific one though. from your personal observations, have you ever noticed a certain MBTI type sharing the same physical features, posture, or weirdly, common illnesses (not psychological).

    i especially found some types to be extremely thin since childhood and others more prone for weight gain. or certain postural patterns like hunch back or forward neck.

    or any kind of feature that makes you doubt that this person`s type migh be xxxx. most likely, these features would be related with cognitive functions, as we know.(of your into that side of typing)
    Oh, a ton. INFJ males (maybe INTJ also) tend to be straight backed, a little rigid in movement, not much arm movement or swivel when walking. Feet straight out in front. They also have deep-set eyes. And slim, not a lot of muscle mass. Small, serious mouths which open up into a wide smile when amused.

    ENFPs tend to have athletic, mesomorphic physiques. Medium height.

    INTP males tend to be tall and slim (ectomorphic), with a looseness in their movement.

    Intuitives tend to have a more delicate bone structure than Sensors, who are more robust physically. Sensors in general have more muscular physiques.

    Intuitives tend to have deeper set eyes than Sensors, who often have no depth of "set" at all, with eyes flat at face level - the reasoning for this is obvious, when you consider their respective modes of perception and what kind of information theyre each looking for.

    Feeling types tend to put on fat a bit easier than thinking types. More endomorphs to be found among feeling types.

    INFP males sway between mesomorphy and endomorphy. Basically robust, fairly muscular, but can get chubby easily.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    Oh, a ton. INFJ males (maybe INTJ also) tend to be straight backed, a little rigid in movement, not much arm movement or swivel when walking. Feet straight out in front. They also have deep-set eyes. And slim, not a lot of muscle mass. Small, serious mouths which open up into a wide smile when amused.

    ENFPs tend to have athletic, mesomorphic physiques. Medium height.

    INTP males tend to be tall and slim (ectomorphic), with a looseness in their movement.

    Intuitives tend to have a more delicate bone structure than Sensors, who are more robust physically. Sensors in general have more muscular physiques.

    Intuitives tend to have deeper set eyes than Sensors, who often have no depth of "set" at all, with eyes flat at face level - the reasoning for this is obvious, when you consider their respective modes of perception and what kind of information theyre each looking for.

    Feeling types tend to put on fat a bit easier than thinking types. More endomorphs to be found among feeling types.

    INFP males sway between mesomorphy and endomorphy. Basically robust, fairly muscular, but can get chubby easily.
    Hence people with excessive growth hormones tend to be "intuitive." As you know, GH promotes protruding brow bone, which facilitates deep set eyes. I believe deep set eyes are a genetically adaptive trait induced as a function of humidity....Higher latitudes have lower humidity, so it should follow that over time, people accustomed to higher latitudes will have deeper set eyes to protect eyes from drying out via wind and colder air. Now, Africans do not often have deep set eyes relative to whites, yet I know quite a few who are very intuitive and empathetic (especially Ni users). The environment has the largest influence on the physical (which is why we have multiple races)....Yet, it will follow in the future that the race disparity will reduce due to globalization. It takes years of adaptation to environmental stimulus to alter genetics in such a way that divergence occurs. The mind/brain which controls perception/mindset/intuition is a function of genetics in terms of behavioral patterns. The expression of genetics is a function of personality meaning that the decisions/paths that you follow over time will alter the coding to a degree. This in turn may influence the physicality to a degree, but divergence will be subtle.

    Now, suppose for now on, a virus infects everyone, which causes excess GH. This in turn causes the bones/tissue to grow/expand abnormally, which implies the position of eye relative to brow is deeper set. Would the ratio of intuitive to sensor's increase because everyone now has deeper set eyes? If it tends in that direction, the proportion must increase....Yet, growth hormones is not the precursor to intuition....(the state of mind is)...So, the disagreement here is that the modes of perception causes this relation...The mind gathers info by differing modes of perception (yes), but the direction/focus is drawn from the mind/subconscious, not the eyes. Ni is the main function that causes less awareness to environmental details, however, the mind is still mapping important data points in space that feeds the subconscious...If you are drawn inward to the subconscious, the mapping occurs from the electrical circuit network that connects the brain. It's a metaphysical reaction such that the eyes are outside of influence.

    I agree with the other points athleticism, exc). It would make sense that intuitives tend to be less athletic, which promotes less bone density... Perhaps intutives do have more growth hormones on avg, so the relation that you observed (intutives tend to have deeper set eyes) could be true for this reason....The reason for this would be that intuitive's would eat less frequently. Eating more frequently promotes increase rate of surge in blood sugar over time and increased stress on liver....Fasting/not eating for longer periods promotes surges in HGH, which facilitates bone/tissue growth, perhaps as a survivial mechanism (HGH increases energy and muscle/fat ratio, which would increase probability of obtaining food). Now intuitives tend to be sedentary, so this would negate surges due to exercise relative to sensor's, but there could be a relation here.

    Lastly, what if genetics have a larger role in mbti than we've come to believe...That is, if parent's mbti type is x,y then the children's mbti types will be restricted to x or y....yet, there will exists variance among the function expression. Now, let's suppose that once the environment causes evolution of mbti type over time within generations, it takes a change in environmental conditions to induce divergence from mbti type. So, if parents decide to move to a totally different environment, the future generations will experience changes in mbti type over time. Therefore, if INTP's were conditioned over time due to mentally stimulating/creatively driven environment and such environmental conditions imposed a weaker physical structure...then it follows that the genetics that express physical traits would be mapped onto future generations given that the environmental stimulus is maintained....Now, if you think of it, an INTP would theoretically require less testosterone because the mind is exerting energy to find novel solutions...So, sexual activity would be repressed to increase the odds of finding the solutions...Why would the body utilize energy for a need that is being repressed over time?

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Hence people with excessive growth hormones tend to be "intuitive." As you know, GH promotes protruding brow bone, which facilitates deep set eyes. I believe deep set eyes are a genetically adaptive trait induced as a function of humidity....Higher latitudes have lower humidity, so it should follow that over time, people accustomed to higher latitudes will have deeper set eyes to protect eyes from drying out via wind and colder air. Now, Africans do not often have deep set eyes relative to whites, yet I know quite a few who are very intuitive and empathetic (especially Ni users). The environment has the largest influence on the physical (which is why we have multiple races)....Yet, it will follow in the future that the race disparity will reduce due to globalization. It takes years of adaptation to environmental stimulus to alter genetics in such a way that divergence occurs. The mind/brain which controls perception/mindset/intuition is a function of genetics in terms of behavioral patterns. The expression of genetics is a function of personality meaning that the decisions/paths that you follow over time will alter the coding to a degree. This in turn may influence the physicality to a degree, but divergence will be subtle.

    Now, suppose for now on, a virus infects everyone, which causes excess GH. This in turn causes the bones/tissue to grow/expand abnormally, which implies the position of eye relative to brow is deeper set. Would the ratio of intuitive to sensor's increase because everyone now has deeper set eyes? If it tends in that direction, the proportion must increase....Yet, growth hormones is not the precursor to intuition....(the state of mind is)...So, the disagreement here is that the modes of perception causes this relation...The mind gathers info by differing modes of perception (yes), but the direction/focus is drawn from the mind/subconscious, not the eyes. Ni is the main function that causes less awareness to environmental details, however, the mind is still mapping important data points in space that feeds the subconscious...If you are drawn inward to the subconscious, the mapping occurs from the electrical circuit network that connects the brain. It's a metaphysical reaction such that the eyes are outside of influence.

    I agree with the other points athleticism, exc). It would make sense that intuitives tend to be less athletic, which promotes less bone density... Perhaps intutives do have more growth hormones on avg, so the relation that you observed (intutives tend to have deeper set eyes) could be true for this reason....The reason for this would be that intuitive's would eat less frequently. Eating more frequently promotes increase rate of surge in blood sugar over time and increased stress on liver....Fasting/not eating for longer periods promotes surges in HGH, which facilitates bone/tissue growth, perhaps as a survivial mechanism (HGH increases energy and muscle/fat ratio, which would increase probability of obtaining food). Now intuitives tend to be sedentary, so this would negate surges due to exercise relative to sensor's, but there could be a relation here.

    Lastly, what if genetics have a larger role in mbti than we've come to believe...That is, if parent's mbti type is x,y then the children's mbti types will be restricted to x or y....yet, there will exists variance among the function expression. Now, let's suppose that once the environment causes evolution of mbti type over time within generations, it takes a change in environmental conditions to induce divergence from mbti type. So, if parents decide to move to a totally different environment, the future generations will experience changes in mbti type over time. Therefore, if INTP's were conditioned over time due to mentally stimulating/creatively driven environment and such environmental conditions imposed a weaker physical structure...then it follows that the genetics that express physical traits would be mapped onto future generations given that the environmental stimulus is maintained....Now, if you think of it, an INTP would theoretically require less testosterone because the mind is exerting energy to find novel solutions...So, sexual activity would be repressed to increase the odds of finding the solutions...Why would the body utilize energy for a need that is being repressed over time?
    Yes... I cant speak on hormones and stuff, not my area of expertise. But the depth of eye settlement (??) is a pattern I've noticed. It also applies to introverts and extroverts. Basically Se doms have some of the most flat-set eyes, while Ni doms have some of the most deep set. This makes sense to me when considering that Se is a conscious form of perception where the user is scanning their environment in an active dynamic manner, while Ni is an unconscious form of perception where information is gathered in a passive, indirect manner. Eyes thrust forward in the former, eyes set back to receive in the latter.

    [Edit] Im not saying the mode of perception causes the placement of the eyes, but the eyes are certainly a reflection of it. There is presumably some causation in there somewhere, maybe greater light absorption in flat set eyes... just hypothesising tho.

    And yes, your comment about INTPs requiring less testosterone rings true. All types use and direct energy differently for different purposes, so that will be reflected in their physique. Intuitives having finer features and being lighter built may relate to a more responsive nervous system - this also explains the greater tendency towards neuroticism in intuitives.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    Yes... I cant speak on hormones and stuff, not my area of expertise. But the depth of eye settlement (??) is a pattern I've noticed. It also applies to introverts and extroverts. Basically Se doms have some of the most flat-set eyes, while Ni doms have some of the most deep set. This makes sense to me when considering that Se is a conscious form of perception where the user is scanning their environment in an active dynamic manner, while Ni is an unconscious form of perception where information is gathered in a passive, indirect manner. Eyes thrust forward in the former, eyes set back to receive in the latter.

    [Edit] Im not saying the mode of perception causes the placement of the eyes, but the eyes are certainly a reflection of it. There is presumably some causation in there somewhere, maybe greater light absorption in flat set eyes... just hypothesising tho.

    And yes, your comment about INTPs requiring less testosterone rings true. All types use and direct energy differently for different purposes, so that will be reflected in their physique. Intuitives having finer features and being lighter built may relate to a more responsive nervous system - this also explains the greater tendency towards neuroticism in intuitives.
    Yeah, that could be possible and makes sense when considering the opportunity to receive max stimulus/input if the sockets are not protruding outward (in respect to Se dominants). So, if the eyes focus on scanning the environment at a higher frequency over time, then the eyes may adjust such that sensory intake is reduced (since that process is repressed). If this holds true (since bone structure is predominately pre-set at birth), then genetics mainly pre-determine mbti function development, and environmental factors may shift function development over time between generations. So, if parents M1 and F1 were intuitive's (hence having protruding structure pre-set at birth as a consequence) and were exposed to an environment that required sensing adaption to permit survival, then it follows over time that the proceedings generations would have less protrusion (intuitive-->sensing).

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Yeah, that could be possible and makes sense when considering the opportunity to receive max stimulus/input if the sockets are not protruding outward (in respect to Se dominants). So, if the eyes focus on scanning the environment at a higher frequency over time, then the eyes may adjust such that sensory intake is reduced (since that process is repressed). If this holds true (since bone structure is predominately pre-set at birth), then genetics mainly pre-determine mbti function development, and environmental factors may shift function development over time between generations. So, if parents M1 and F1 were intuitive's (hence having protruding structure pre-set at birth as a consequence) and were exposed to an environment that required sensing adaption to permit survival, then it follows over time that the proceedings generations would have less protrusion (intuitive-->sensing).
    This would hold for introverted intuitive's as you mentioned (introverted based functions), but not for all cases (most tend to have a good mix of intuition and sensing, hence not tending toward extremes...So, perhaps the relation is strong at the extremes). My Mom (supposively ENFP) has deep set eyes and uses Ni often, but it's superficial and negative...She was anorexic when young, which is indicative of extreme attention to detail (defects more noticeable). Now, could the cosmetic/steroid industry coupled with social media influence reduce the proportion of intuitives? There is no doubt that we are becoming more non-verbal and visually orientated...Spending more time at gym or using makeup allows us to pay more attention to minute details/defects, which creates insecurity. To compensate, we keep putting energy toward these acts to keep up with the increasing competition....cause otherwise, insecurities would penetrate deeper.
    Likes tommyc liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Physical intelligence and MBTI type
    By AStrange~Nostalgia in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-22-2018, 07:27 PM
  2. Physically tense vs. relaxed and MBTI
    By Sineva in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 10:17 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Psychometric Texts and MBTI
    By Mole in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 10:10 AM
  4. MMORPG's (WoW, Guild Wars, etc.) and MBTI types
    By Maverick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM
  5. Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type
    By thirtyfour in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO