User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 39

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Since this thread isn't about anything official or proven, have you ever seen this somatype chart? My body type is ecto-meso which is a close enough to fit. All the INTPs that I've been involved with, past and present, are ectos.



    Here are the three official body types.

    Perhaps the brain of an INTP consumes more glycogen, which increases the quantity of carbohydrates required to go beyond the thresh-hold of glycogen storage....Therefore, there is less likelihood of storing fat. Yet INTP's tend to be less likely to delve into physical activity, which implies less muscle-->less glycogen needed for muscle repair--> higher propensity for fat storage (relative to physically active case....Se user). Maybe, internalized thoughts causes a lack of awareness of time flow, which would cause an INTP to exhibit a sporadic eating schedule (gap between meals is not consistent)...This, in combination of Ne and lower Si would yield a larger gap between meals (-->distraction)....which in turn leads to less overall caloric intake per unit time. Either that or metabolism is correlated with the degree of NE usage, yielding more consumed energy per thought. A lower metabolism would surely slow the mind, leading to less thoughts per unit time and also may indirectly lead to negative mindset/stress. Stress/pain can trigger a higher consumption of calories to hinder the pain, but also the opposite since stress is correlated with depression....which then limits the appetite....Since INTP have inferior Fe, stress will yield a strong emotional response, which can cause impulsive acts including overindulgence. Thus, it may not hold for an unhealthy INTP in this regard. I'd say in general, a high metabolism leads to a rapid firing of thoughts (for INTP) given Ne is well developed.

    Now, I will note that there exists a contradiction in regards to INFJ being "Endomorph" based on the previous assertion that INFJ's are typically "very thin" (assume true for most cases and consider that specific subset). Endomorphy is proportional to metabolism, which is related to diet...If we suppose that INFJ's are more likely to consume fast food, then it is likely they will go through puberty later....Hence, growth plates will fuse later for both Males and Females leading to longer limbs relative to torso. Further, this effect combined with poor nutrient load will yield catabolism. Thus, "mesomorphy" is unlikely.... Now, given that INFJ's are very introspective and lack Se, it would be less likely that they would enjoy various foods (exploration)....so, food is likely consumed less regularly....This would in turn lead to ectomorphy ( < calorie load), however, fast food hinders metabolism more rapidly over time than a healthy diet....Hence, an INFJ may exhibit a more pronounced transition in regards to body type relative to other types.

    There is definitely a correlation though, especially higher Se user tending towards mesomorphy/ectomorphy. Food is obtained via external means and initiates a stronger response to Si/Se types for differing reasons. A strong introvert is likely to be consumed in thought, which will negate physical awareness to an extent (esp Ti users). Aesthetics will appeal to sensor's (esp Se) relative to intuitive's....hence you can make the conjecture that intuitive are less likely to be mesomorphs (this would likely apply to Ne relative to Ni.....Ni will foresee that being well dresses and physically fit will accelerate their drive to success).
    Likes AStrange~Nostalgia liked this post

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    403

    Default

    This is interesting. I'm ectomorph. Used to think I was INTP, but I'm leaning more and more towards ISTJ lately.

  3. #13
    Somber and irritated cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Since this thread isn't about anything official or proven, have you ever seen this somatype chart? My body type is ecto-meso which is a close enough to fit. All the INTPs that I've been involved with, past and present, are ectos.



    Here are the three official body types.

    Ah, I am getting so many warm fuzzy memories about a guy on this site years and years ago (quite possibly the person who ran this somatotype site/created this chart) who was super hardcore into Somatotyping and was therefore adamant that I was IxTx. I am solidly ecto and can acquire muscle. I don't remember the specific type he insisted on. I think it was IxTJ or something, as he might have also been the same person who told me since I didn't take people-photos, I was a T. Not that I have an issue being a T, it's just the reasons/sense of it in both cases was ludicrous.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

  4. #14
    Senior Member AStrange~Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Perhaps the brain of an INTP consumes more glycogen, which increases the quantity of carbohydrates required to go beyond the thresh-hold of glycogen storage....Therefore, there is less likelihood of storing fat. Yet INTP's tend to be less likely to delve into physical activity, which implies less muscle-->less glycogen needed for muscle repair--> higher propensity for fat storage (relative to physically active case....Se user). Maybe, internalized thoughts causes a lack of awareness of time flow, which would cause an INTP to exhibit a sporadic eating schedule (gap between meals is not consistent)...This, in combination of Ne and lower Si would yield a larger gap between meals (-->distraction)....which in turn leads to less overall caloric intake per unit time. Either that or metabolism is correlated with the degree of NE usage, yielding more consumed energy per thought. A lower metabolism would surely slow the mind, leading to less thoughts per unit time and also may indirectly lead to negative mindset/stress. Stress/pain can trigger a higher consumption of calories to hinder the pain, but also the opposite since stress is correlated with depression....which then limits the appetite....Since INTP have inferior Fe, stress will yield a strong emotional response, which can cause impulsive acts including overindulgence. Thus, it may not hold for an unhealthy INTP in this regard. I'd say in general, a high metabolism leads to a rapid firing of thoughts (for INTP) given Ne is well developed.

    Now, I will note that there exists a contradiction in regards to INFJ being "Endomorph" based on the previous assertion that INFJ's are typically "very thin" (assume true for most cases and consider that specific subset). Endomorphy is proportional to metabolism, which is related to diet...If we suppose that INFJ's are more likely to consume fast food, then it is likely they will go through puberty later....Hence, growth plates will fuse later for both Males and Females leading to longer limbs relative to torso. Further, this effect combined with poor nutrient load will yield catabolism. Thus, "mesomorphy" is unlikely.... Now, given that INFJ's are very introspective and lack Se, it would be less likely that they would enjoy various foods (exploration)....so, food is likely consumed less regularly....This would in turn lead to ectomorphy ( < calorie load), however, fast food hinders metabolism more rapidly over time than a healthy diet....Hence, an INFJ may exhibit a more pronounced transition in regards to body type relative to other types.

    There is definitely a correlation though, especially higher Se user tending towards mesomorphy/ectomorphy. Food is obtained via external means and initiates a stronger response to Si/Se types for differing reasons. A strong introvert is likely to be consumed in thought, which will negate physical awareness to an extent (esp Ti users). Aesthetics will appeal to sensor's (esp Se) relative to intuitive's....hence you can make the conjecture that intuitive are less likely to be mesomorphs (this would likely apply to Ne relative to Ni.....Ni will foresee that being well dresses and physically fit will accelerate their drive to success).
    Their are a few contradictions here too.
    Considering it's not only width it's also hight. INFJ DO have Se as their fourth function. And all the ones I've seen are are in the middle between endomorph and mesomorph. They care for their shape but less likely to practice it than mesomorphs.

  5. #15
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    I'm ectomorphic for sure, so unless someone can convince me that I am an NTP, then I do not fit this pattern.

    Anyway, yes - I do think there is something to phenotypical expression of personality type. I am leaning more toward personality being more nature than nurture lately (there is a ton of evidence for this). I have always, for my entire life, noticed physical similarities between people and been able to somewhat connect it to certain personality traits. But I am limited to what I know, meaning that someone has to remind me of someone else, and then I can make the connection (so I am limited by Si, and the more exposure I have, the greater network of Ne connections I can build). It's amazing what you can learn about a person if you just pay attention. For example, lefties don't raise their left eyebrow like righties do, rather they raise their right eyebrow. From this and also from exposure to someone who is ambidextrous, I've postulated that ambidextrous folks can, more often than others, do that weird thing where their are able to simultaneously raise both eyebrows into that deep V shape that not everyone can do (don't misunderstand me though and think that I am saying this is a 100% black and white occurrence, rather it's a spectrum with a higher percentage leaning to one side).

    By the way, if you also naturally notice these things, you may want to consider being an Ne user, because you are observing abstract patterns in the external and forming many connections via similar internally stored sensory data points.

    If you'd like to explore this more, I recommend looking into Objective Personality, even if you choose not to sign up for the class. This video touches on the similarities they have found through observation and objective analysis of thousands of people.

    Perpetual mood


    "It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."


    Philip Trussell

    Likes highlander liked this post

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Ah, I am getting so many warm fuzzy memories about a guy on this site years and years ago (quite possibly the person who ran this somatotype site/created this chart) who was super hardcore into Somatotyping and was therefore adamant that I was IxTx. I am solidly ecto and can acquire muscle. I don't remember the specific type he insisted on. I think it was IxTJ or something, as he might have also been the same person who told me since I didn't take people-photos, I was a T. Not that I have an issue being a T, it's just the reasons/sense of it in both cases was ludicrous.
    Umm...yeah, reasoning was effed for sure, lol.

  7. #17
    Senior Member AStrange~Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Types that contemplate often and internalize their thoughts tend to consume energy within, which most likely manifests as the projection of less outward energy (enthusiasm, exc). Conversely, types that actively seek external influence will outwardly project their energy in an expressive form. Further, externalized emotion will yield more variation in facial contraction, which can alter facial muscles over time (tension/ease).
    that`s a good analyzing. I notice this but in a general manner. by the way, do all ISTJ have weak facial muscles. the ones I know are, and in general you can expect that because they don`t express many facial expressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    I always get INTP if considering the questionnaire, yet I always question my type....A few of my weaknesses, however, are poor attention to details, lack of awareness to environment, uneasiness within large crowds, and constant misplacement of items....
    you actually sound like a one considering your own description. but what part of INTP you feel that it doesn`t represent you?
    have you tried going through cognitive functions in general, without overanalyzing? like how do you see your smile like Fe or Fi if we considered what`s written in this thread.
    if MBTI is not helping you decide , you can see enneagram types. I`ll attach a link of how each enneagram type is correlated with certain cognitive functions or certain MBTI type. I`ll post it once I find it.
    (if you`re interested in physical typology, there is this guy on youtube "type tips" does differentiating vid on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    -->You're observation definitely holds with my brother (INFJ) who is a very picky eater and is careless in terms of health. I do believe fast food is a consequence because the taste buds adapt to extremes (high salt, high sugar, exc), which in turn causes a negative reaction to foods tending towards the other extreme.
    if you want INFJ change their mind, make them interested. just make him interested in health, maybe through external stimulations or from their own health perspective. they become health-holic ,and vegetarians if extreme.lol
    p.s: since you`re new here I`ll give advice on how to quote
    copy-paste the [ ] and put each one before and after the part you need to separate to comment on.

    [ QUOTE=hurl3y4456;3065627 ] before that part
    [ /QUOTE ] at the end of that part
    Last edited by AStrange~Nostalgia; 10-26-2018 at 02:46 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member AStrange~Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I'm ectomorphic for sure, so unless someone can convince me that I am an NTP, then I do not fit this pattern.
    this just 'proves' you`re ENFP. it`s between both ecto and endo, but 'most likely' of ENFPs are endo. or at least this is what this chart says. I still don`t think it`s 100% precise. but maybe has a high percentage or sth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    that weird thing where their are able to simultaneously raise both eyebrows into that deep V shape that not everyone can do
    can you provide a picture of that 'weird' expression?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    By the way, if you also naturally notice these things, you may want to consider being an Ne user, because you are observing abstract patterns in the external and forming many connections via similar internally stored sensory data points.
    I`m Ni!! and sure of my type. it`s 2nd function so also relatively strong. and it`s natural since birth .

    and something I learned recently is when you scan these external data through you previously stored internal data subconsciously, and come up with an idea, it`s introverted function thing. am I right?
    extroverted function is coming up with an idea through you data from external observation.

    (check out the Ne/Ni thread about predicting future Which function is able to make predictions well?)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStrange~Nostalgia View Post
    that`s a good analyzing. I notice this but in a general manner. by the way, do all ISTJ have weak facial muscles. the ones I know are, and in general you can expect that because they don`t express many facial expressions.
    Well, if a neutral emotion is present, then the facial muscles will be utilized less often in that regard, which can create a flat expression over time. Everyone exhibits emotions, however, low Fi users will confine the pressure build up over time whereas low Fe users will intermittently release negative energy depending on situation. If the pressure build up reaches the threshold, it will show itself at the surface. Another key factor in regards to facial muscles is hormones in general....Estrogen will relax (soften) the facial muscles, which will cause the eyes to open up more (but of course, prenatal hormones and genetics dictates bone structure, which dictates how the skin-muscle tissue will conform)....Conversely, lack of estrogen will cause the muscle/fat ratio to increase, which will permit more tension to develop.....Therefore, although smiling/frowning less will cause less muscles to develop for that particular reason, hormones will alter the degree in which this issue manifests.


    Quote Originally Posted by AStrange~Nostalgia View Post
    you actually sound like a one considering your own description. but what part of INTP you feel that it doesn`t represent you?
    have you tried going through cognitive functions in general, without overanalyzing? like how do you see your smile like Fe or Fi if we considered what`s written in this thread.
    if MBTI is not helping you decide , you can see enneagram types. I`ll attach a link of how each enneagram type is correlated with certain cognitive functions or certain MBTI type. I`ll post it once I find it.
    (if you`re interested in physical typology, there is this guy on youtube "type tips" does differentiating vid on that.
    Let's see...as far as micro-expressions are concerned, I do tend to squint my eyes repeatedly when I'm processing information (initially I was unaware). Also, I do tend to have a wide smile that creates dimples (= genetic mutation), and my lips aren't really upturned much at all....I haven't really looked into this subset of typology yet, so you'd be better equipped to diagnose it. The test is subjective, so it's very easy to mistype....If I am truly an INTP, I'd be an atypical one due to my sensitivity to other's emotions.....But, there is a correlation between sensitivity and creativity or even madness (thoughts running haywire). I am type 5 in terms of enneagram ( I enjoyed creating math theorems and spent two weeks straight tackling the Goldbach Conjecture = 200 year old unsolved proof).

    Also, I'm sure there is a correlation between the people you associate with and MBTI type since human connection is necessitated by the need to find individuals on the same wavelength. If this condition is not met, then a communication gap results....The few friends I do associate with frequently the following types: INFP, ENTP, and ENTJ. Further, if correlation exists between genetics and MBTI, my family member's types are as follows: younger bro = INFJ, older bro = ENTP, Mom = ESFP, and Dad = ESTJ. I believe there is some influence in regards to genetics, but environment clearly plays a large role since your identity is shaped via environmental stimulation from birth to adolescence.
    Likes AStrange~Nostalgia liked this post

  10. #20

    Default

    Wish I could find it again but it was a therapist(s) or psych researcher(s) who was mapping certain types of body movements with MBTI types. There were clips associated to the differences. Anyways, one example was that Te types evidence economy of movement and decisiveness. The Te type was juxtaposed against an F type, whose movements were more fluid and less decisive. And before someone jumps on the gender bandwagon, the two in the clip were male.
    Likes AStrange~Nostalgia liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Physical intelligence and MBTI type
    By AStrange~Nostalgia in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-22-2018, 07:27 PM
  2. Physically tense vs. relaxed and MBTI
    By Sineva in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 10:17 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Psychometric Texts and MBTI
    By Mole in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 10:10 AM
  4. MMORPG's (WoW, Guild Wars, etc.) and MBTI types
    By Maverick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM
  5. Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type
    By thirtyfour in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO