• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Elliott Rodger?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ?
4w3?
Sx/Sp?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This kid... I can't even. Still doesn't make sense after four years. I don't think it'd be appropriate to type such a messed up person. He was definitely narcissistic. I don't know what else to say.

Edit: He was diagnosed as autistic. I don't know that you can do MBTI with people on the autism spectrum.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This kid... I can't even. Still doesn't make sense after four years. I don't think it'd be appropriate to type such a messed up person. He was definitely narcissistic. I don't know what else to say. Edit: He was diagnosed as autistic. I don't know that you can do MBTI with people on the autism spectrum.
His therapist was a fool. He treated Elliot for 13 years and got utterly nowhere. Elliot Rodger was a psychopath.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I am not surprised if he was.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many people did Hitler "annihilate"? And he's been typed many times.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's strong on envy which indicates type 4.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on what I know of him, I'd say ISFP 4w3. I think he had unhealthy Fi that is especially evident in his manifesto, he didn't feel like a failure because he couldn't fit into the social mold of the world around him but because the world wouldn't fit into his ideals of what should be valued. If you look into his past he actually never even tried to approach women, he expected them to offer themselves to him and felt rejected when they wouldn't do so. He carried the same mentality towards everything else in his life, he even once demanded that his mother marry a wealthy man and got upset when she didn't do so for him. He drowned in his emotions constantly, explaining in vivid detail his emotional agony and feelings when things didn't go his way or people didn't accommodate him, it was always entirely based around himself and never extroverted behavior. He never felt the Fe need to meet the societal standards around him or accommodate for other people so that they would actually enjoy being around him, the very idea of changing for others disgusted him. He wanted the world to serve him and his social ineptness. Despite his narcissism and narrow-mindedness, he was always very attached to how he felt, so attached that he valued it above what anyone else ever did. Half of his manifesto is just him talking about his feelings and justifying why he did what he did by showing off how unfair people had been to him. He was very unhealthy Fi, completely enraptured in himself and his values, extremely emotional yet utterly devoid of empathy for other people.

He was also very materialistic and concerned with physical beauty in a way that I don't think inferior Se is. He attached himself and his self-worth to the things he owned as a reason for why he was above other people, he was constantly talking about how beautiful he found himself as well as cursing his mother for being Asian and giving him non-Caucasian physical qualities. He felt materialism was something that set him apart from others as well as held him back, it was a primary part of his worldview, not just an inferior function lashing out.

It's worth noting that he was very different in his videos than he was in real life, he was most definitely trying to make himself look far more confident and socially dominant than he really was (he freely advertised these videos on online forums and showed them off, despite his insecurities). In real life, people said that he acted entirely different, was usually very quiet, oblivious to the discomfort of those around him and would inappropriately express his less than positive opinions on women as well as come across as sluggish and pathetic. His videos are a good look into how he viewed himself but not the way he behaved on a regular basis.

rav3n

His therapist was a fool. He treated Elliot for 13 years and got utterly nowhere. Elliot Rodger was a psychopath.
That's not true. He saw a number of different therapists for short periods over the years and only one meshed to some extent (blonde female) but he spurned her too since it bothered him that the only blonde female who he could connect with, was one that was paid. He was prescribed Risperidone but he refused to take them.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
ENTP. I feel like he'd need to meet an autistic female INTJ that would be stereo-typically masculine. There were pretty low chances for it. I feel his main problem was very real exclusion from the world of dating through sheer lack of access to potential viable partners due to demographics.

That's not true. He saw a number of different therapists for short periods over the years and only one meshed to some extent (blonde female) but he spurned her too since it bothered him that the only blonde female who he could connect with, was one that was paid.
She was a social skills counselor.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No he's some kind of demented INFP. A rational could never commit crimes or do anything slightly underhanded like that. We're too honest and upright.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty sure I thought he was ISFP 4w3 sx

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I re-watched a few of his videos and I still think ENTP - if not ENTP, maybe even an INTP. He's obviously a perceiver, he has aware mouth - so Fe. He was quite charismatic - like one of the most charismatic shooters out there - I think with exception of Andrew Blaze. He's an obvious thinker too. He had a fixed logical framework about what sort of a male should be desirable and he is super frustrated that female behaviours he encountered didn't fit that framework.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent if he's ENTP why is his manifesto such a memory based, detailed autobiography? I'm strongly leaning towards ISFJ.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
For enneagram I would guess 8 because it seems he is based around an externalised anger.

Btw I don't think MBTI to enneagram correlations are anywhere near as strong as people think.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent if he's ENTP why is his manifesto such a memory based, detailed autobiography? I'm strongly leaning towards ISFJ.
Is it so detailed? I don't think it lies beyond grasp of generally having conscious Si.
For enneagram I would guess 8 because it seems he is based around an externalised anger.

Btw I don't think MBTI to enneagram correlations are anywhere near as strong as people think.
I think he's more based around envy and sense of deprivation and desire for social status which would indicate 4w3.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

I couldn't actually see a function order manifest, it largely just sounded very Si with Fe.

If you think an ENTP could pull that off then I don't know what else to say. I'm not going to revisit the issue because I don't want to have to deal with the toxicity of the person.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

I couldn't actually see a function order manifest, it largely just sounded very Si with Fe.

If you think an ENTP could pull that off then I don't know what else to say. I'm not going to revisit the issue because I don't want to have to deal with the toxicity of the person.
Toxicity of the person? How do you experience it? It was a quite pleasant read to me.