• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do other types do better than the ENTJ

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Being an ENTJ isn't a winning experience. So, the other types surely beat the ENTJ in many games and goals. So, what do you know of it specifically?

How does your type or a type you know of beat the ENTJ?

If you don't think of any activities in terms of winners and losers, just tell us what the other type is good at and how it compares to the poor ENTJ.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's this? I thought being an ENTJ was probably a very winning experience, what with the ability to accomplish things, to be a great leader, to be successful in life, and all that. This poor little FP can only dream of such heights of Te!

To answer your question though, some types are better than ENTJs at being whiny, distracted, strategically incompetent (me! I hate strategy games), and lazy. ;) :hug:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I take it that the first reply means some of the other types (if not all) are more lovely and less judgmental! Boom! Win for the other types, loss for the entj.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based off of real life experience,

A degree of cautiousness:
Some types, and especially the INTJs, are naturally predisposed to plan ahead like the INTJs, but they tend to be more 'accurate'- sometimes seeing the pitfalls or certain problems the ENTJs don't. And certain types, like ISTJs, can be very, very ridiculously conscientious to the point that they become a living memo/guideline/agenda/etc. Thus, they are naturally much faster at pointing out certain things the ENTJs, who are more focused on immediate action, do not.

Natural empathy:
Not that the ENTJs cannot empathize, but they are much better at working with people who can understand and pursue similar goals they do. And while that is the ideal (for any type, really), the reality is that people are diverse and things work differently. Certain types are more patient and effective at turning the opposition in their favour, in ways the ENTJs find confusing or difficult, or not value, even (or are just downright too impatient for).

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it that the first reply means some of the other types (if not all) are more lovely and less judgmental! Boom! Win for the other types, loss for the entj.

Why do you hafta be that way? :( All types have their strengths and weaknesses.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Why do you hafta be that way? :( All types have their strengths and weaknesses.
ENTJ strengths are talked too much! There's no inspiration to be drawn of the subject no more - not for someone who hears the positive so much.

Negative is the other side. The side we need. Maybe not one which we want. But it's a helpful side. Welcome to the dark. Let's discuss.. the awful ENTJ.

Apart from the showmanship, I can tell something real. The ENTJ as I see might not get lonely as many other types, but they will get isolated and somewhat
insane if the isolation persists. I bet there's more madness from isolation in the ENTJ than there is in many other types.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Welcome to the dark. Let's discuss.. the awful ENTJ.

Apart from the showmanship, I can tell something real. The ENTJ as I see might not get lonely as many other types, but they will get isolated and somewhat
insane if the isolation persists. I bet there's more madness from isolation in the ENTJ than there is in many other types.

Well, there are always the stereotypes if you want negatives, but those are well worn and not always true or at least it's an outsider's perspective without being able to see what's going on inside.

As for isolation, reach out! There are people out there who would be happy to spend time with you and get to know you (this is to all the isolated ENTJs out there :) ).

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
What's this? I thought being an ENTJ was probably a very winning experience, what with the ability to accomplish things, to be a great leader, to be successful in life, and all that. This poor little FP can only dream of such heights of Te!

As all FP are fluffy butterflies... :blush:

DON'T USE YOUR TYPE AS THE EXCUSE FOR YOUR BS! ;)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apart from the showmanship, I can tell something real. The ENTJ as I see might not get lonely as many other types, but they will get isolated and somewhat insane if the isolation persists. I bet there's more madness from isolation in the ENTJ than there is in many other types.

To begin with, we need to see why the isolation is happening. Isolation in ENTJ is easier to pick out; often I see it's not out of moodiness but some kind of concrete reason (or somehow, a lack of). Get that out of the way, and the ENTJ will spring back on track naturally.

If somehow they are willfully isolating themselves and suffering from doing so, something must be wrong. But it is not as much a flaw as it is a natural occurrence of a personality type being exposed to a stressor.

rav3n

All types have their strengths and weaknesses, including ENTJs. Consider reading 'Gifts Differing'.

Lib

Permabanned
I noticed that the ENTJs I know are rather easy to manipulate through flattery. In my book, this is an unforgivable weakness.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I noticed that the ENTJs I know are rather easy to manipulate through flattery. In my book, this is an unforgivable weakness.
I don't experience this at all. Sorry, i'd like to bash myself and the entj but I don't think this trait is there.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Well, there are always the stereotypes if you want negatives, but those are well worn and not always true or at least it's an outsider's perspective without being able to see what's going on inside.

As for isolation, reach out! There are people out there who would be happy to spend time with you and get to know you (this is to all the isolated ENTJs out there :) ).

You really shouldn't take anything this person says seriously.

About a year ago their type was...something different and they often waxed about WANTING to be an ENTJ. Suddenly they've decided that they ARE ENTJ and talking about horrible they are.
It's like the MBTI version of those men who murder women to wear their skin because thy want to BE them and also hate them so much.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTP is much better at logical analysis, SFJ is much better at knowing how they impact the moods of others.

Lib

Permabanned
I don't experience this at all. Sorry, i'd like to bash myself and the entj but I don't think this trait is there.
It's because you and Jaguar are special ;)

I didn't mean some cheap flattery, more like admiration or appreciation. May be it applies to the more immature ENTJs whom I've met.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's because you and Jaguar are special ;)

I didn't mean some cheap flattery, more like admiration or appreciation. May be it applies to the more immature ENTJs whom I've met.

Sincere appreciation would never be a form of manipulation.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You really shouldn't take anything this person says seriously. About a year ago their type was...something different and they often waxed about WANTING to be an ENTJ. Suddenly they've decided that they ARE ENTJ and talking about horrible they are. It's like the MBTI version of those men who murder women to wear their skin because thy want to BE them and also hate them so much.
You're so clueless I couldn't help you find the clue with a map and a compass and 24 hours.
I'll try again if you can reduce the number of critical errors you've made to tolerable numbers. Lets say, under three. Yeah, talk some substance next time and make two or less critical errors and we'll talk.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sincere appreciation would never be a form of manipulation.

Unless it is said only to gain favour with the person... Then it is used for manipulation.
Most people agree with you more if you compliment or acknowledge them first.

Also, susceptibility to manipulation is not type-centric, is it? It is not an innate weakness of ENTJs. Gullibility is not a defining trait of any type. To note further, lack of experience and an imbalance within one's self makes one susceptible to manipulation, from which even the great ENTJ is not exempt.