User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SINE

Default Why are you certain of your Type

I've noticed that "NT" types are predominate on forums relating to typology. It would make sense that "NT" types would more likely be drawn here considering that more time is spent introspecting/questioning relative to sensor's. The questionnaire is subjectively biased according to your inner perception of the definitions. The discrimination between intuition/sensing and thinking/feeling has spread like a virus within the online community. This will inevitably skew the number of intuitive's relative to sensor's being that intellect is normally associated with intuition. In modern times, social media has projected our insecurities upward and hence, we seek more stimuli to attain "happiness." If we didn't have Televisions or advanced transportation systems, we would witness the extremes to a lesser degree. The extremes equate to the top and base quartiles of the population. The top would consist of celebrities and the base would consist of war/famine. Each of the extremes can propagate us on the wrong path towards destruction. If the "ego" grows too large, than the path will become dim and vague. There will exist mistypes since "ego" is tied to one's image of themselves....Accepting a lesser image of yourself is difficult but ironically leads to happiness. Otherwise, the false sense of satisfaction will blind oneself....Anyways, I digress...
    What makes you certain of your type based on the functions?

TypoC is predominantly feelers.

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    TypoC is predominantly feelers.
    Yeah, I could see that considering the need to find one's identity would satisfy their value system.....Each type will come here for differing reasons, and there will be some overlap.

Using the methods of Linda V. Berens work for me.

My Interaction style: In-Charge.
    My communication style: Directing.

12 types just got cut with 4 possibilities left:

Answer is in bold.

Done.

--------------------------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    I've noticed that "NT" types are predominate on forums relating to typology. It would make sense that "NT" types would more likely be drawn here considering that more time is spent introspecting/questioning relative to sensor's. The questionnaire is subjectively biased according to your inner perception of the definitions. The discrimination between intuition/sensing and thinking/feeling has spread like a virus within the online community. This will inevitably skew the number of intuitive's relative to sensor's being that intellect is normally associated with intuition. In modern times, social media has projected our insecurities upward and hence, we seek more stimuli to attain "happiness." If we didn't have Televisions or advanced transportation systems, we would witness the extremes to a lesser degree. The extremes equate to the top and base quartiles of the population. The top would consist of celebrities and the base would consist of war/famine. Each of the extremes can propagate us on the wrong path towards destruction. If the "ego" grows too large, than the path will become dim and vague. There will exist mistypes since "ego" is tied to one's image of themselves....Accepting a lesser image of yourself is difficult but ironically leads to happiness. Otherwise, the false sense of satisfaction will blind oneself....Anyways, I digress...
    What makes you certain of your type based on the functions?
    I’ve been pondering on this for awhile. Yes, there is a disparity in how sensors and percievers are versus how they are... well, perceived. The bias against sensors is getting out of hand. Because of this, people may be reluctant to accept being typed as such. I’ve noticed in the tests, it is ‘clear’ which answers are meant for each type. Meaning, that it’s easy to change ones answers to suggest intuitive rather than perceiver. I’ve taken the test with the intent of getting specific types before—and have succeeded every time. Adding that on top of the bias, it makes it difficult to correctly assess ones results for accuracy.

As for your question, no—I am not certain of my type. Due to the bias, I have a hard time believing that I can be an intuitive, considering my average intellect. The only way to be certain of ones type would be by studying the functions, understanding them, and typing based on that rather than the ‘whole’. Or perhaps I’m overthinking things like usual.

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Using the methods of Linda V. Berens work for me.

My Interaction style: In-Charge.
    My communication style: Directing.

12 types just got cut with 4 possibilities left:

Answer is in bold.

Done.

--------------------------------
    Interesting, my Dad is an "estj," and he is very generous, dutiful, and abiding of conventional standards/routines. He is logical, yet won't go too deep into the abstract, and has to extrovert his thinking process for clarity. One of my good friends is an ENTJ, and the distinction is quite prominent. He is very decisive and driven toward a future goal. His thoughts coalesce like a game of chess....he can predict multiple paths that will potentiate his success, but narrows it down effectively to the "best case" scenario. I'm still unsure of my type....My main interests are theoretical Math and research, however, my research methods are quite different than others. I tend to come up with some possible theory/idea/conjecture that may work, and then prove it by analyzing the data/patterns. Of course, most scientists are "NTJ" types, who need data for closure. So, to be a successful researcher, there must be strong evidence for any assertion.

MBTI
    SINE

Yeah (@introvertedcactus), i'm taking the same path in that I need to understand the functions fully to gain closure. I'm mainly looking at the dominant and inferior functions to narrow it down. I do seem to lack attention to detail, and constantly am losing items such as keys. I also forget names and numerical details very easily, especially at work. I also noticed that I behave differently around certain people to avoid conflict.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Why am I sure of having Fi and Ne high up in my stacks? After learning about the functions, I can clearly look back on my life and see examples of them. And all the added research I've done (like the method Jaguar mentions), backs up my conclusions.

Fi: has been the lens through which I've always been aware of viewing the world, judging it by whether it aligns with my values, and values are of such importance to me that I even did my senior research project in college on values.

Ne: the whirlwind of possibilities, the inability to narrow focus, the what-ifs have always plagued me.

Regarding intuition versus sensing, I was never all that comfortable with physicality growing up. I was good at one game, I remember, on the playground, but that was after watching from the sidelines for a very long time before actually entering into it. I recall one driving mistake I made that reflected a lack of sensory awareness; in fact, I was uncomfortable with the whole idea of driving to start with. However, I know that some people are far more intuitive than I am, as my boyfriend is, and I am forced quite often into the needed role of sensor which is not always comfortable for me, though I am getting better at it, and am far more comfortable with my physicality than I once was.
    ain't so blind I can't 🇸​🇪​🇪​

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's not even that I strongly feel like an ENFP 4w5, it's just that I strongly feel like I'm not anything else. I just kind of slipped my way into here after some elimination and type-rejection. Types may not really exist anyway.

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Why am I sure of having Fi and Ne high up in my stacks? After learning about the functions, I can clearly look back on my life and see examples of them. And all the added research I've done (like the method Jaguar mentions), back up my conclusions.

Fi: has been the lens through which I've always been aware of viewing the world, judging it by whether it aligns with my values, and values are of such importance to me that I even did my senior research project in college on values.

Ne: the whirlwind of possibilities, the inability to narrow focus, the what-ifs have always plagued me.

Regarding intuition versus sensing, I was never all that comfortable with physicality growing up. I was good at one game, I remember, on the playground, but that was after watching from the sidelines for a very long time before actually entering into it. I recall one driving mistake I made that reflected a lack of sensory awareness; in fact, I was uncomfortable with the whole idea of driving to start with. However, I know that some people are far more intuitive than I am, as my boyfriend is, and I am forced quite often into the needed role of sensor which is not always comfortable for me, though I am getting better at it, and am far more comfortable with my physicality than I once was.
    I have an "INFP" friend who is similar in regards to a bombardment of "what ifs." I believe "infp's" are especially prone to ADD due to the divergence of their thought process into a dreamlike state. The quantity of ideas generated depends on the stimulus within the environment.... Introverted Thinkers will need a knowledge base (Si) to generate new ideas whereas feelers need previous interaction (Si) to fuel the emotional response. Modern times will definitely lead to an over stimulus due to the shear knowledge we now possess and the expansion of technology and transportation. Thus, it is clear how technology will lead to ADD traits. I wrote a book on "Modern Adaptation," which explains how we will adapt to modern expansion in the future...I also mention the issue behind rapid change, which will facilitate a larger communication gap between generations....leading to frustration. Clearly, we are increasing our skill-set in nonverbal reasoning and reducing our verbal proficiency....just think how much our language is being condensed to today....We are finding shorter ways to communicate because we are reducing the amount of time to achieve a particular task. If every event in your life is represented as a line segment, then in the future, there will exist more line segments per day to accommodate expansion....after all, expansion = more stimulus = more distractions........