• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which MBTI Types Are Most Likely To Have Tattoos, Piercings, and Colorful Hair?

Tattoos, Piercings, Colorful Hair???

• Total voters

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Is there a connection between MBTI and body modifications or does it depend on the individual?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guess would be anyone with strong Ne, Se, or Fi. Strong Fe or Si would probably be least likely.

I have a single tattoo of spiritual significance to me. Although when I got it I would’ve gone ink crazy had I had the money at the time. My one tattoo easily could’ve turned into an entire spiritually themed sleeve. I’ve pierced my left ear. Not much into impaling myself in terms of ornamental accessories. I’ve had multiple colors in my hair and I’ve had ‘punk’ hairstyles such as mohawks, devilocks, and liberty spikes too.

If I were to go by stereotypes, ISFPs and INFPs. Really I think you could just as easily find any type inked or pierced and with their hair dyed.

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
My guess would be anyone with strong Ne, Se, or Fi. Strong Fe or Si would probably be least likely.

That is possible. I can see where a strong Fe or Si might not want to get tattoos, piercings, ect. Generally speaking, Si types tend to be more ‘traditional’, so to speak—whereas Fe’s are likely to follow the current social norm. So it’s a tossup on that one.

I think Fi might be the most likely to do it, considering the fact that they tend to lean towards self-expression (above all else) and prefer to be genuine whenever possible. Se might do it for the experience.

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I have a single tattoo of spiritual significance to me. Although when I got it I would’ve gone ink crazy had I had the money at the time. My one tattoo easily could’ve turned into an entire spiritually themed sleeve. I’ve pierced my left ear. Not much into impaling myself in terms of ornamental accessories. I’ve had multiple colors in my hair and I’ve had ‘punk’ hairstyles such as mohawks, devilocks, and liberty spikes too.

If I were to go by stereotypes, ISFPs and INFPs. Really I think you could just as easily find any type inked or pierced and with their hair dyed.

I have a small ouroboros tattoo on my wrist, a septum piercing, and 0 gauges. I’ve had hair in many colors, right now it’s blue and green. I can understand not wanting more piercings, it’s not for everyone.

Based on stereotypes, they would be the most likely. INFJs seem to be more likely to have tattoos, I noticed. Both of the INFJs I know have at least one.

I have a small ouroboros tattoo on my wrist, a septum piercing, and 0 gauges. I’ve had hair in many colors, right now it’s blue and green. I can understand not wanting more piercings, it’s not for everyone.

Based on stereotypes, they would be the most likely. INFJs seem to be more likely to have tattoos, I noticed. Both of theINFJs I know have at least one.

I almost did include INFJs on that short list. ISFPs and to some extent INFPs get the creatively expressive labels so they’re usually the types people associate with tats and piercings and purple hair. Almost any artist I’ve known in my personal life turns themselves into a canvas to some degree. I don’t think they were all IxFPs though.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Fi might be the most likely to do it, considering the fact that they tend to lean towards self-expression (above all else) and prefer to be genuine whenever possible.

Eh, I never wanted a tattoo because it didn't seem genuine to me, I vainly prefer my skin unmarked. I have however seen some beautiful tattoos recently, and if were to have physical scars from some event, I think I would consider turning them into something beautiful with a tattoo. Or I would consider something else personally meaningful. But that's just it, as you say, it has to be genuine.

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I almost did include INFJs on that short list. ISFPs and to some extent INFPs get the creatively expressive labels so they’re usually the types people associate with tats and piercings and purple hair. Almost any artist I’ve known in my personal life turns themselves into a canvas to some degree. I don’t think they we all IxFPs though.

I can see that—and of course, not everyone completely fits their stereotype. I mean—I’m an artist INTJ. While IxFP might generally get the creativity based labels, it’s often difficult to generalize which types are and are not artistic. There are artists of every MBTI, as different as the art may be between each type.

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Eh, I never wanted a tattoo because it didn't seem genuine to me, I vainly prefer my skin unmarked. I have however seen some beautiful tattoos recently, and if were to have physical scars from some event, I think I would consider turning them into something beautiful with a tattoo. Or I would consider something else personally meaningful. But that's just it, as you say, it has to be genuine.

If it is genuine, then by all means—keep your skin unmarked. It is an incredibly personal decision to get a tattoo and nobody should be pressured into doing something they aren’t interested in and/or comfortable with. Besides, creativity and self expression can manifest in many other different and wonderful ways. Some people prefer tattoos, others prefer painting, writing, gardening, woodworking, and various other activities. It really depends on the individual.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

From a certain angle this is true. But from another angle...there's nothing more Si than joining some armed forces and getting a tattoo to signify patriotism, armed division, etc.

I've got a couple tatoos. They're pretty genuine, but only because I got them during and in the aftermath of particular events. They're kind of badges of times and places.

IntrovertedCactus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
From a certain angle this is true. But from another angle...there's nothing more Si than joining some armed forces and getting a tattoo to signify patriotism, armed division, etc.

I've got a couple tatoos. They're pretty genuine, but only because I got them during and in the aftermath of particular events. They're kind of badges of times and places.

That does sound very Si. Getting tattoos to remember specific events that have occurred in the past, that is. Thank you, I didn’t think to consider that.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that there were more mainstream groups where tattoos were encouraged. In that case, I could see Si joining in, but still can't see them with crazy piercings or colorful hair.

Always thought the punk rock scene seemed very ENTP, which is why I brought up Ne. Maybe I meant low Fe and/or Si? :shrug:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that there were more mainstream groups where tattoos were encouraged. In that case, I could see Si joining in, but still can't see them with crazy piercings or colorful hair.

Always thought the punk rock scene seemed very ENTP, which is why I brought up Ne. Maybe I meant low Fe and/or Si? :shrug:

I dunno. To me it's very granular and culturally contextual. If I see total punk, with spiked hair/mohawk, skull tattoos, and leather. I actually tend to think e6 more so than ExxP, and even xSxJ. And if I see crazy experimental hair, formed into something sculptural, with ears gauged out (stretched) and more of a softer though crazy look I think ExxP. There's a weird full MBTI rainbow out there.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno. To me it's very granular and culturally contextual. If I see total punk, with spiked hair/mohawk, skull tattoos, and leather. I actually tend to think e6 more so than ExxP, and even xSxJ. And if I see crazy experimental hair, formed into something sculptural, with ears gauged out (stretched) and more of a softer though crazy look I think ExxP. There's a weird full MBTI rainbow out there.

Enneagram might very well explain things better. It's something I still need to study up on. And agreed, every type is full of surprises. I was just throwing out a guess as the thread looked so empty and lonely :laugh: :alttongue:

Eftelya

From what I've seen: ISTPs, ENFJs, INFPS, and ISFPs.

I have always linked piercings and tatts to ISTPs. My ISTP ex-boyfriend had quite a few and he would always tell me how "absolutely amazing tattoos are". Each one held a significant meaning for him too. He was so deeply fascinated and intrigued by tattoos and the concept of inked bodies themselves.
And piercings. He had quite a few of them as well.

My ISFP bestie loves everything that makes her stand out from the rest of the crowd. She loves daring, experimental, new, and different styles. One day she goes punk, the next she goes vintage. As for dyeing her hair... I'm actually quite worried about her scalp. She went with a bright red for the moment.

The ENFJs in my circle(s) tend to go for bolder looks as well. But not too bold. One of them has a few inked patterns running down both his forearms, the other one has his ears and nose pierced.

As for INFPs: I do have a few (ear) piercings as well. Not too obvious, nor too noticeable, but evident nonetheless. My two INFP cousins, on the other hand, are going through a current obsession with tattoos and piercings. I personally love tattoos and all of my love-interests had at least one tat or piercing, and I admire those who are brave enough to actually get one, but I probably wouldn't want any myself. Because knowing myself, I would get bored of it too soon for my liking and ultimately regret that decision. As for dyeing my hair... no, thanks, I'm good.

Probably the FPs in general.

Funny enough, one of friends is an ISFJ and has had crazy colored hair from all shades of the rainbow in addition to having a bunch of tattoos and piercings. A reason why I thought she was an xSFP for a time.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For data's sake, a lot of people know me for how often I change my hair, but I've never done a non-natural color. Sooooooooon, though!

Only my ears are pierced because when I got that done, it hurt exactly as much as I feared it would. I assume I'd be sensitive to tattooing as well, which I'd love to do but...will hopefully work up to the pain of one day. I know exactly what I'd get, and it's nothing big. I want a small one of the animal that speaks the most to me, and another small one of a marker from the piece of fiction that impacted my own art the most. Only recently but no less significantly have I added a third to this running queue of physical cowardice - the symbol of a US state. :D

Metis

I want to grow my eyebrows out to their natural shape, get the tattoos removed that I poked into my skin as a teenager, grow my hair to a wild witch of the forest length & quality, and see what I would look like if I still looked like myself.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not my type.