• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Fe vs. Fi

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I don't really have a good grasp on the difference between inferior Fe vs, inferior Fi.
Here are some of the ways I believe the functions manifests in my own life

Fe: I tend to disregard social norms and consider etiquette to be pointless and a waste of time. My mom has dominant Fe, and she is always nitpicking me for not eating in the proper way. I was also called a "caveman" by some female for eating pizza on a napkin as opposed to a plate. I tend to be oblivious to how my actions are affecting others in the present moment. I am hypersensitive at times and can really lash out under stress, but my anger ceases quickly and I can apologize. I am decent at reading people's emotions by changes in their behavior/tone of voice, but I never know how to act in these situations....Also, I can be quite slow when it comes to hurting other's feelings, but I do realize it later on and regret the action. I tend to change my behavior to conform to other's so that no conflicts will occur.

Fi: I'm not too familiar with introverted feeling, however, my Dad has it as his inferior. One of my friends is an INFP who has Fi at the top of his stock....I mainly listen to his values and find ways to connect information together to support his values. I believe one way it affects me Dad negatively is his constant obsession with how a relationship should be structured. If it doesn't follow the way in which he perceives that it should, then he will readily show his frustration with verbal attacks. I guess I could be similar in that regard because I would want someone to be accepting of who I am.

How would you define the distinctions?

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I am decent at reading people's emotions by changes in their behavior/tone of voice, but I never know how to act in these situations

From this I would deduce that you have conscious Fi.

How I would define the distinction... well, I would describe having an inferior version of a function not by a general lack of or ineptitude in that function, but through the presence of that function in a weaker* form.

* I am not sure that "weaker" is the best word for what I am describing. I think it generally applies but there is a better word I could be using to describe the inferior function.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't really have a good grasp on the difference between inferior Fe vs, inferior Fi.
Here are some of the ways I believe the functions manifests in my own life

Fe: I tend to disregard social norms and consider etiquette to be pointless and a waste of time. My mom has dominant Fe, and she is always nitpicking me for not eating in the proper way. I was also called a "caveman" by some female for eating pizza on a napkin as opposed to a plate. I tend to be oblivious to how my actions are affecting others in the present moment. I am hypersensitive at times and can really lash out under stress, but my anger ceases quickly and I can apologize. I am decent at reading people's emotions by changes in their behavior/tone of voice, but I never know how to act in these situations....Also, I can be quite slow when it comes to hurting other's feelings, but I do realize it later on and regret the action. I tend to change my behavior to conform to other's so that no conflicts will occur.

Fi: I'm not too familiar with introverted feeling, however, my Dad has it as his inferior. One of my friends is an INFP who has Fi at the top of his stock....I mainly listen to his values and find ways to connect information together to support his values. I believe one way it affects me Dad negatively is his constant obsession with how a relationship should be structured. If it doesn't follow the way in which he perceives that it should, then he will readily show his frustration with verbal attacks. I guess I could be similar in that regard because I would want someone to be accepting of who I am.

How would you define the distinctions?

Fe is focused outwards into the world. It is a drive to action, although not always well advised action when it is poorly developed. People who exhibit Fe in negative ways are prone to over reacting to social pressures, real or imaginary. Inferior functions tend to have an erratic, stuttering quality to them going from naught to hyper-drive and back in the blink of an eye. This means ITPs often oscillate between failing to react to over reacting in difficult to predict ways.

Fi is focused inwards, to the sphere of thought and contemplation. As such, it is often less visible that Fe, but its affects can be strong. A poor Fi often leads to brooding or even sulking for long periods of time. Alternatively, weak Fi types often lack motivation, as they struggle to find anything important to them. An ETJ will often have very few opinions on moral matters, but the ones they do have will often be strongly held.