• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Water for My Absinthe

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She maybe frustrated if she has not discovered her vocation, fate or destiny.
The motive is there but she has to discover it.

She's been getting a few dissapointments over the last 3 months, no body wants to hire her; and to make matters worse, I managed to get a job within a month. I think it's taking a toll on her confidence...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
She's been getting a few dissapointments over the last 3 months, no body wants to hire her; and to make matters worse, I managed to get a job within a month. I think it's taking a toll on her confidence...
I have not known many ENTJs. This is because in this country both the N and the E are almost non-existent.
I always thought my father was an INTJ. Now I am sure he was an ENTJ.
I remember the time when my mother was in Paris. My father phoned me every afternoon: What do we do tonight? Do we go to the movies or do we go to the restaurant? It was always one or the other or both. He needed the company.
When he was young he worked in a bank. He did not like it. He was bored. I do not think he could have been able to get the job had it not been that his father had connections. After the miserable time in the bank he went to the army. There he contemplated suicide. It was worse than the bank.
When he came out of the army he could not find a job.
After a year or two his father intervened again. He had connections in the Swedish industry, and he found my father a very humble job as a translator in one of the agencies. There he sat all days and translated the business letters of which he grasped nothing, into German and English. He was bored and unhappy. The pay was meagre and the food was porridge. I think the Americans call it oatmeal.
One day he went to the canteen and sat down at his usual table. Then he saw that someone approached his table. It was the big boss. He had never seen the big boss before but recognized his face from the portrait on the wall.
He stood up. The big boss sat down and ordered porridge.
The big boss asked: what are you doing? He said he was a translator of business letters.
The big boss said: Not any more.

In a year he had his own company inside the company and in two years he was making more money than the big boss.
But what if the big boss had not sat down at his table?

His parents and his teachers had told him: you will never amount to anything.
What they had said would have come true.

People say you form your own destiny. It is not true. You do not form your own destiny. Other people form it for you. You do not give youself a job. You are given a job.

If your friend is without a job it is not her fault.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Every new thing that you find out changes the entire pattern. This new thing I found out only last week. And now everything looks different.
Hence there are only two typical extravertred male types. They are what we should call the garden variety: The ESTP and the ESTJ.
And these two types have a huge, fundamental, big time difference. Keirsey is indeed in the right to accentuate the distinction.

Which type is the redneck? The drawling, beer drinking, uncouth, prejudiced, benighted, stupid redneck?

Think before you answer. The monster comes in many forms.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes.

A good observation, runvardh.

runvardh.. is that the guardian of a secret?

There exists a variety of cultures.

Hence why does the monster come in many forms?

Because he is is an adherent of a specific culture.
And what culture is that?

It is the culture he is born into.

My mother is:

N:

100 per cent Ne. No Ni.

S:

100 per cent Si. No Se.

T: 100 per cent Ti. No Te.

F: Nothing.

Verdict?

This thread originated about Keirsey or rather: with my change of head about Keirsey.
After many years of study, it was quite a change in outlook.

This does not mean he does not have a blind spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

A good observation, runvardh.

runvardh.. is that the guardian of a secret?

yes, pulled it from old Iclandic, no I don't know the language well, ^^;;

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mother is:

N:

100 per cent Ne. No Ni.

S:

100 per cent Si. No Se.

T: 100 per cent Ti. No Te.

F: Nothing.

Verdict?

one would suspect either INTP or ENTP, but I've been wrong before

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
yes, pulled it from old Iclandic, no I don't know the language well, ^^;;
Interesting. Maybe you are just modest. I suspect In Iceland and Norway runvardh was the guardian of writing. Writing was the secret art.

From the Indo-European root verb ru, to hum, to whisper. Hence the etymology of the word rumour: a whisper.
Ru: to whisper the secret in the ear. In Middle English times rune was a counsel. The words not to be heard by outsiders.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. Maybe you are just modest. I suspect In Iceland and Norway runvardh was the guardian of writing. Writing was the secret art.

From the Indo-European root verb ru, to hum, to whisper. Hence the etymology of the word rumour: a whisper.
Ru: to whisper the secret in the ear. In Middle English times rune was a counsel. The words not to be heard by outsiders.

Really I was just looking for a cool name and took the word rune (secret/lore) and tosed it to gether with vardhr (guardian/warden). The idea that I know things most don't seemed to fit...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
This is amazing. You intuitively tosed it up. The appellation could have existed.

It fits accurately the Indo-European pattern. Old Norse is quite conservative.

I do not think we find it in the record though.

Yes I grasped the idea of the semantics part .. the warden of the secret thing. I say it is perfect.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is amazing. You intuitively tosed it up. The appellation could have existed.

It fits accurately the Indo-European pattern. Old Norse is quite conservative.

I do not think we find it in the record though.

Yes I grasped the idea of the semantics part .. the warden of the secret thing. I say it is perfect.

It is times like this that I wonder why I don't get into linguistics... other than being lazy... ^^;;

Edit: I guess this my show me out to some people in the know, but other names I've made like this are: Farwin (travel friend) and Svarsten (black stone; this one I took some liberty with starting from swart and stein)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
It is times like this that I wonder why I don't get into linguistics... other than being lazy... ^^;;

Edit: I guess this my show me out to some people in the know, but other names I've made like this are: Farwin (travel friend) and Svarsten (black stone; this one I took some liberty with starting from swart and stein)
Svartsten exists.
Flashback Forum - Visa profil: svartsten

I have to look at the Farwin. I suspect the original idea of far/fare was to encounter danger and it was indistinguishable from the idea of travel. The travel was a risky business.

There is an interesting article. A little wild perhaps- not entirely wrong:

Etymology Of Viking and Varangian

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LOL cool

I have to look at the Farwin. I suspect the original idea of far/fare was to encounter danger and it was indistinguishable from the idea of travel. The travel was a risky business.

There is an interesting article. A little wild perhaps- not entirely wrong:

Etymology Of Viking and Varangian

And it's always good to have a friend along when there is risk involved to watch your back.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
one would suspect either INTP or ENTP, but I've been wrong before
I think you are quite right there. There is not much to deal with. A kind of a vacuum.

Ne Ti Si? Each one a hundred per cent.

An anomaly.

What is the P and the J account?

Ne: P
Ti: introverted judging function: P
Si: introverted perceiving function: J

She is a P

N contra S: X

1e contra 2i: I

No F: T

IXTP

For a long time my parents lived abroad.
When my father died my mother panicked.
She was Si all over the place.

After the initial shock, once she had recovered a little bit, she wrote a letter to her lawyer asking him to come over immediately.
A week later she posted me a short notification concerning the death of my father.
She forbade me to attend the funeral.

It goes without saying my father was already inhumed when I got her letter.

She was a stoic.
My mother buried her husband alone; in the exact manner she had buried her own mother:
by exhibiting the solitary walk across the graveyard.

After all, it was her husband.
And in the previous funeral it had been her mother.

The past belonged to her, and her alone.

Six months after the funeral she came home.

She bought herself an apartment.
There was a new washing machine in the kitchen, and a brand new oven.
She summoned the janitor and told him:
Take those things out.

A quarter of a century earlier she had been living permanently abroad, the usual thing.
One time her mother was to live in her apartment while she was away.
My grandmother had called my sister in law:
Can you help me? You cannot do anything in this place. There is no oven. There is not one single kettle in the kitchen.

My mother did not understand about money. When she had to pay a bill anyone could cheat her and give her nothing back.

When she is elaborating about the abstract phenomena she is all Ne.
There is no reprocity.
You do not say a word. Her Si is all gone. No discussion.

100 per cent Si and 100 per cent Ne. Do they coexist?
Not with her.
Do they coexist somewhere else?
Why should they?

Percentages in a continuum are about place. For example, 75 per cent Si is 75 per cent of the continuum Si/Ne.
There is additional place for 25 per cent Ne.

The spatial order of things exists everywhere, in all places. Place is about space :) .

Last edited:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
And space is about place.

An illustration.

Two fat ladies try to sit down on the same small bench.

Each of them take more room than fifty percent of the room of the bench.
They both try to sit down.
An impossibility.

Only one lady sits down at a given time.

So why do they include a fat Ne and a fat Si on the same bench?

Ne and Si are mutually exclusive.
Ti and Fe are mutually exclusive.
Ni and Se are mutually exclusive.
Te and Fi are mutually exclusive.

I have read hundreds of medical reports about teen age INFP girls commited to a mental hospital by their father.

In each instance I have found out the father is an ESTJ.

Is the girl insane? No. What is the problem then? The problem is the ESTJ father.

Hence what is the function order of the shadow?

Last edited:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Mr Tiddles,
What is 100% Ne? There is not one person without Ni, or so the theory goes. Each person possesses some degree of each element so 100% of what?

Also in regard to ENTJs, the typical field marshal arse that people talk about sound like under developed negative feedback ENTJs to me. ENTJs can be extremely sensitive to other people and if they are positive feedback (esp a 9-9 like my father (FIRO-B that is, expressed and wanted)) then rejection can be quite hard on them.

I always intuited it to be the kind of situation where you believe strongly that you can reshape things for the better. That you have an almost idealistic outlook on things and set out to do the best only to be knocked back by those who can't see the vision or want to make sure that they stay on top of you in the pecking order. I don't think that ENTJs suit such politics very well, positive or negative ENTJs. I'd imagine that they'd want to be separate from such squabbles much like us introverts. In fact I've always seen ENTJs as kinda shy. As soon as you turn the lamp light onto them and start asking questions they shrivel. Strange creatures but there again who isn't?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Mr Tiddles,
What is 100% Ne? There is not one person without Ni, or so the theory goes. Each person possesses some degree of each element so 100% of what?

Also in regard to ENTJs, the typical field marshal arse that people talk about sound like under developed negative feedback ENTJs to me. ENTJs can be extremely sensitive to other people and if they are positive feedback (esp a 9-9 like my father (FIRO-B that is, expressed and wanted)) then rejection can be quite hard on them.

I always intuited it to be the kind of situation where you believe strongly that you can reshape things for the better. That you have an almost idealistic outlook on things and set out to do the best only to be knocked back by those who can't see the vision or want to make sure that they stay on top of you in the pecking order. I don't think that ENTJs suit such politics very well, positive or negative ENTJs. I'd imagine that they'd want to be separate from such squabbles much like us introverts. In fact I've always seen ENTJs as kinda shy. As soon as you turn the lamp light onto them and start asking questions they shrivel. Strange creatures but there again who isn't?
Never look at the theory.
Only semantics matter.

THEORY

speculation
hypothesis
surmise
conjecture
postulate
exposition

An exposition is not a fact.

ENTJ

It is all about semantics.

SHY

timid?
coy?
reserved?
diffident?
cautious?
wary?

You see?
We are all shy.

Not including the ESTJs of course.

But nothing is perfect.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Someone suggested I should illustrate. I am afraid I am inadept at the thing.
I experience a serious difficulty in understanding the metaphors myself.

When I was a child I did not understand them at all. After the age of fifty I did have an inkling.

Hand.

On Spatial logic Versus Linear Logic.

1. Linear logic has at the ultimate stage one hand.
Spatial logic has at the initial stage four hands:
2. Linear logic reads from up to down and form left to right.
3. Spatial logic reads from up to down and from down to up; from left to right and from right to left.

In a successive order? Wrong question.

4. Linear logic employs zero a in a multiple meaning. For example, the zero represents a void: or multiplication. It is expressed in the left-right order.

5. In spatial logic zero marks the sign of the initiation before the object.

6. Hence we do not deduct. We place.

Define a boundary.

0 - 1000 ? OK. The pieces are the zero and one and hence nine.

019910 ?
or 091190 ?

Remember the definition of the zero.
How many numbers do we have here?
Two.

And why do we have six figures in a succession?
We do not have six figures in a succession.

We can choose one or the other or both.
Let us choose both.

We go linear.

019--910
091--901
109--190

and we have the linear succession of order

Then we go spatial

Is the left hand in the left hand of the left hand?

A redefiniton.

Left of the right is on the right of the left.
Right of the left is on the left of the right.
True.

When?

Last edited:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Ti Ne.. Fi Ne
what is the difference?
T/F

What is not the difference?
I NE

INP.. I NE
ISP.. I SE
ENP.. NE I
ESP.. SE I
ESJ.. E SI
ENJ.. E NI
INJ.. NI E

I Ne .. I Se
What is the difference?
N/S
What is not the difference?
I .. e

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ooo now brain forming a mobius loop trying to understand that.

Spatial logic would be when there are more than two 100%?

Would spatial logic be a colour wheel with black in the centre, white on the outside and pretty much every colour in between laid out with blue, red and green?

Would spatial logic be positional co-ordinates with three co-ordinates where as linear logic would position you only in X&Y or X&Z or Y&Z?