• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mbti results dont match cognitive functions

DarthMaul

When I take the tests I'll score ISTP and it seems accurate from the profile reading. Out of all the types it's the one I think most fits as do other people. Friends and family compare me to lots of typically typed istp in pop culture also. But when I read the cognitive functions they don't seem to fit. I took a test on keys2cognitive and came up istp but my Fi was higher than Fe. Also Te seem more like me.

Which do I go off of?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look up ISFP... FiSeNiTe. Also, as a possible ISTP, your Fe would be of low preference...TiSeNi
Fe.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tests are sloppy at best. I wouldn't go by popular culture typings either as we only get a hint of who they are. Trust yourself.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The cognitive functions won't match - they're not tested for by the MBTI in the first place so don't worry about it.
Completely separate things, and if anyone tells you otherwise - request proof of the validity of the cognitive-functions-in-attitudes that are placed on the MBTI types after-the-fact.

There's none. Not one single bit of evidence to support the cognitive function stacks the personality community subscribes to. Zip. Zilch.

You can be ISTP via MBTI and relate to "functions" that don't fit the magical, not-supported-by-anything "TiSeNiFe" "ISTP" stack.

ISTP in MBTI is I+S+T+P and all of the combinations that make that up - no more, no less.