• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Can you mistake ENFJ type 1, for INTJ?

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram type1 are workaholic who are not good with directly expressing emotions, they are serious and get every thig done .
So for an ENFJ with type 1 their Fe is not as obvious as other F's. I know a couble of people this type and can look like an INTJ for the first glance . Is there another explanation ? Can you recognise ENFJ type1 easily?

I thought that this question would fit more in the MBTI forum.

Last edited:

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems like a strange combination to mix up. But I suppose it is very possible. It's easy to mistake types, especially if you are trying to determine the type of someone else from observation.

I've been fairly certain of another's type before, then realized I was wrong. I thought one of my friends was an ENTP at first. They actually called it to my intention that they are, in fact, an ENFP. To which I reflected on my friends behavior and realized "Oh, you are an Fi user, aren't you?" I'm not sure how I missed this given how many Fi users I am friends with and the fact that I'm an ENFP myself.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt it. Did you ever read Hard's posts... Very ENFJ with a moralistic streak... no where close to INTJ. My tritype 359 probably comes off more INTJ-like but there is a clear difference.

You just seem an ENFJ who is struggling... If you are a male, you will more likely internalize masculine social stereotypes (less emotional, guarded, less vulnerable, possibly alpha male). However, you will always have a hidden sensitivity to certain things.

From my experience, male EXFJs tend to suppress a lot of anger, sadness and frustration more than most other types because they don't want to reveal how sensitive they truly are.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt it. Did you ever read Hard's posts... Very ENFJ with a moralistic streak... no where close to INTJ. My tritype 359 probably comes off more INTJ-like but there is a clear difference.

You just seem an ENFJ who is struggling... If you are a male, you will more likely internalize masculine social stereotypes (less emotional, guarded, less vulnerable, possibly alpha male). However, you will always have a hidden sensitivity to certain things.

From my experience, male EXFJs tend to suppress a lot of anger, sadness and frustration more than most other types because they don't want to reveal how sensitive they truly are.

Well, personally speaking you can see that I'm type 2. And no , I'm not a male. Though the ones I'm talking about are males with type 1 for sure. And I agree with the social image thing , I can see that in some cases . However , type or wing 1 ,don't show weakness (male/female) or too much emotions of their own , keeping all under a mask, unless infront of dear ones and friends they trust. The emotions they show are mostly about other people and their exterior .
They can become emotionless when it comes to their morals, caring less about others' feelings. Less sensitive in general.

About the Hard's posts , no I haven't .

So your telling me that from a distance ENFJ type 1 don't seem like INTJ at all !

That's a good thing I guess .That through their seriousness their kindness still appear. The Fe side. I mean no offence whatsoever to INTJ it's just a T/F comparison. :)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, personally speaking you can see that I'm type 2. And no , I'm not a male. Though the ones I'm talking about are males with type 1 for sure. And I agree with the social image thing , I can see that in some cases . However , type or wing 1 ,don't show weakness (male/female) or too much emotions of their own , keeping all under a mask, unless infront of dear ones and friends they trust. The emotions they show are mostly about other people and their exterior .
They can become emotionless when it comes to their morals, caring less about others' feelings. Less sensitive in general.

About the Hard's posts , no I haven't .

So your telling me that from a distance ENFJ type 1 don't seem like INTJ at all !

That's a good thing I guess .That through their seriousness their kindness still appear. The Fe side. I mean no offence whatsoever to INTJ it's just a T/F comparison. :)

You should compare INTJ 1s vs ENFJ 1s as opposed to ENFJ 1 vs. INTJ for a more balanced answer. e1 and Fe tends to emphasizes the Fe aspect of maintaining social mores that the EXFJ 1 deems important while INTJ 1s tend to be perfectionist in relationship to internal standards they have of themselves and others.

That's the general sense I get about the two types.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should compare INTJ 1s vs ENFJ 1s as opposed to ENFJ 1 vs. INTJ for a more balanced answer. e1 and Fe tends to emphasizes the Fe aspect of maintaining social mores that the EXFJ 1 deems important while INTJ 1s tend to be perfectionist in relationship to internal standards they have of themselves and others.

That's the general sense I get about the two types.

You have a point in that .

I disagree with one little thing . ENFJ 1s tend to be perfectionists in ralationships as well , but INTJ are much more intence in that. Because as you mentioned, they're focused on social side more.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have a point in that .

I disagree with one little thing . ENFJ 1s tend to be perfectionists in ralationships as well , but INTJ are much more intence in that. Because as you mentioned, they're focused on social side more.

"in relationship to" means "relative to". :)

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, people think Jordan Peterson is an INTx but he's actually an ENFJ 1w2 so/sx.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"in relationship to" means "relative to". :)

Sorry , never mind that. I will try asking the question again in a better way, more precisely and reasonably.

Can an unhealthy ENFJ enne 2w1 seem like a type 1?

I mentioned INTJ because I thought they represented type 1 but that wasn't very precise. And I came back with a better understanding of the case I'm concerned with.:)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry , never mind that. I will try asking the question again in a better way, more precisely and reasonably.

Can an unhealthy ENFJ enne 2w1 seem like a type 1?

I mentioned INTJ because I thought they represented type 1 but that wasn't very precise. And I came back with a better understanding of the case I'm concerned with.:)

1. yeah probably.
2. INTJs are more likely to be e5 primary, with e1 being a distant second. ISTJs are more likely to be e1.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. yeah probably.
2. INTJs are more likely to be e5 primary, with e1 being a distant second. ISTJs are more likely to be e1.

Ok, and thanks for the info:D I'm knew to enne so I appreciate your help.