• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP

StacieRachael3

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My two best friends and I are looking for an ISTP Male about 30 years old to add to our group...I'm an ENFJ and my friends are an ENTP and an ISFP. The problem is, we can't find one anywhere..can someone tell us what cities are more likely to attract ISTPs?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you can find a ISTP anywhere in theory. If you want to befriend an ISTP, the easiest way to do so is probably share some sort of activity or interest with them that you can talk about or participate in together. Now of course, type does not necessarily equal interest so I can't say "ISTPs like this" because it will be different.

I also would be wary of looking for friends solely based on MBTI type. Mistyping is common both for individuals and for people trying to determine the types of others. Sometimes, type can be picked upon quickly (or fairly quickly, sometimes it's one function that will make itself evident). Besides, there is a lot of variation within a type and there are some toxic people of any type. Friendships between all types are possible (though some types do tend to click a little better naturally).