User Tag List

123 Last

F off, NPCs and tradbots asynartetic's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default What would a stupid NT look like?

Last edited by asynartetic; 08-06-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    har har

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Type doesn't have anything to do with IQ, NTs are just more inclined towards abstract/rational thinking, having a natural preference towards logic doesn't mean you need to be highly intelligent.

That's a question an NT with low self-confidence would ask though, in my opinion.
    Johari | Nohari

3w2-5w6-8w7 so/sx ENTP ILE-Ti

Moving forward, put aside all unnecessary preconceptions, eliminate all biases, analyze all the facts without letting external influences cloud your better judgement and put together a coherent picture of the truth like a jigsaw puzzle, you have the pieces you need, the only thing left to do is to learn how to put them together properly.
    Likes Angel Cake, Hexcoder, Yamimaru liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I suppose a better question what would a mediocre INTP look like. I suppose you might want to look at 4chan where all the INTPs hang out.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

In the case of an Ni dom, one that is too introverted and ignores both their auxiliary Te and somehow ignores their tertiary Fi. Goes someone who says the same thing in loops.

Te dom would just command for the sake of commanding and think the world is exactly run their way and their way is right alone.

Ti dom would be very much paranoid as nothing really would match internally as it is externally. Thinking somehow reality did it wrong.

Ne dom would haphazardly be scatter brained chasing fruitless things endlessly.

This is the stupidity of the NT types with no regard to other functions but just running on bare minimum. More fictional than real.

Often times I think people purposely act stupid to avoid situations they don’t want to get into and not have responsibility or are just too power hungry and not satisfied unless life is their way they envisioned it.

People will get frustrated with both because their goals whether internal or external do not align with theirs.

Hope this wasn’t a “stock” answer for you.

MBTI
    NiTe

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    What would a stupid NT look like?
    NF Temperament - The Visionary
    Gamma | NiTe | INTJ
    I'm more concerned with what an Introverted vs Extroverted Function really is in the human mind, than I am with the mainstream definitions.
    Ni vs Ne [1] | What are Pe, Pi, Je and Ji? [1] | What are Ni and Ne? [1] [2]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I'm kind of stupid
    I was afraid you meant this.

and you're welcome

MBTI
    NiTe

Not meant to pick on NFs, let's expound on what I mean. NFs can get offended if you call them stupid, in the way they perceive intelligence, as they'll get offended if you call them lots of things: self-centered, boring, jerk, and this is natural. Typically they're subconsciously offended because these critiques aren't actually true overall as conflict with the self. In contrast, NTs will get offended if you call them stupid because it conflicts with their subconscious idea of themselves, because "intelligence" is a very subjective thing, and we're offended by falsehood. NTs can oft come to specific conclusions in scenarios that they're unintelligent, but it's not really their overall way of viewing themselves. That is to say, T dichotomy is mainly just concerned with their "intelligence, reasoning capabilities," Ns will get offended if you call them "shallow or uncreative." Perspective and preference is what MBTI is built upon, so dom Judging types like INTP and ENTJ don't waste their time on estimating their rational capabilities, however emotional and sensitive they can be, something that isn't all type-related.

So my comment is true, but in a way it's also partly joking at MBTI terminology.
    Gamma | NiTe | INTJ
    I'm more concerned with what an Introverted vs Extroverted Function really is in the human mind, than I am with the mainstream definitions.
    Ni vs Ne [1] | What are Pe, Pi, Je and Ji? [1] | What are Ni and Ne? [1] [2]
    Likes Terralynn liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Dashy CVII View Post
    Not meant to pick on NFs, let's expound on what I mean. NFs can get offended if you call them stupid, in the way they perceive intelligence, as they'll get offended if you call them lots of things: self-centered, boring, jerk, and this is natural. Typically they're subconsciously offended because these critiques aren't actually true overall as conflict with the self. In contrast, NTs will get offended if you call them stupid because it conflicts with their subconscious idea of themselves, because "intelligence" is a very subjective thing, and we're offended by falsehood. NTs can oft come to specific conclusions in scenarios that they're unintelligent, but it's not really their overall way of viewing themselves. Perspective and preference is what MBTI is built upon, so dom Judging types like INTP and ENTJ don't waste their time on estimating their rational capabilities. Their say is what's important.

So my comment is true, but in a way it's also partly joking at MBTI terminology.
    Oh trust me, there are plenty of NT’s Irl and this website that get plenty offended

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

define stupid?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    Type doesn't have anything to do with IQ, NTs are just more inclined towards abstract/rational thinking, having a natural preference towards logic doesn't mean you need to be highly intelligent.

That's a question an NT with low self-confidence would ask though, in my opinion.
    well how proficient do you imagine someone with iq 80 would be at abstract / rational thinking? types are, basically, data processing strategies. It wouldn't make much sense for a personality to develop "NT" traits with a brain not able to handle abstraction very well. I mean I could see it with ENTJs to a degree (the lowest av. IQ NTs @ about 100 iq) but a 'low iq intp' would pretty much be an istp, dealing with more concrete data rather than abstract models, or an istj - using 'culturally accepted wisdom' to comprehend the world. Now yes ofc there's plenty of smart istps - I believe istps and istjs they're the smartest 'sensors' on av.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE