• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What would a stupid NT look like?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree with the highlighted. It is not easy in RL to meet people with that commonality. It is rare, and I treasure those occasions when they occur. (For the record, I don't belong to mensa and never was tested for entry.) I do agree with the underlined, though. Better simply to use your intelligence, whatever level it is. That will become evident to others as need and occasion arises, without need for bragging or labelling.

Oh, I agree that it is rare. My main point was more that it is easy to tell fairly quickly if you're on that particular wavelength with a particular person, if you meet and interact with said person. I didn't mean to imply it happened often. (And I have the same record as you - don't belong and never applied/tested)

Permabanned
I disagree with the highlighted. It is not easy in RL to meet people with that commonality. It is rare, and I treasure those occasions when they occur. (For the record, I don't belong to mensa and never was tested for entry.) I do agree with the underlined, though. Better simply to use your intelligence, whatever level it is. That will become evident to others as need and occasion arises, without need for bragging or labelling.

As opposed to the intelligent NTs who believe in clever and intriguing conspiracy theories, and readily indulge in irony.
how :rly???:

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ - Completely obsessed with something stupid or basic, refusing to learn anything new or put in any work if its a goal.
ENTJ - Blindly doing whatever benefits them most without thinking of any consequences or having any desire to learn.
INTP - Has a logical framework that makes no sense in regards to reality, leading to dumb ideas and explanations.
ENTP - Can't focus on one interest or goal for longer than 5 minutes, comes up with 5,000 dumb, illogical ideas, and attempts to verify them with a faulty Ti.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ - Completely obsessed with something stupid or basic, refusing to learn anything new or put in any work if its a goal.
ENTJ - Blindly doing whatever benefits them most without thinking of any consequences or having any desire to learn.

^ I relate to both of those.

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An elitist who doesn't have an open mind for things they may have deemed as beneath their standards, keeping them from enjoying the simpler things in life.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said I was stupid in my previous post, so I wanted to elaborate that I mean I am socially retarded. I am not stupid in any other way. I am rather average or abover average at other things.

I am socially crippled, have been since a child. I had apraxia, and lived a very neglected and isolated life with little to no outside stimulus. I didn't really try socializing, because I was bullied for my looks and being poor, and hated everyone as a result. That on top of my abusive parents. I simply became withdrawn, self sufficient, and self orientated. I thought of no one else but myself, and later my brothers. As I got older though, and became an adult, and realized I needed to socialize or Id get depressed.

I began to use the internet a lot. Mostly forums such as these. Writing was easier than talking. I realized very quickly people thought I was a terrible monster though. I had so much backlash, that I had no idea what I did wrong most of the time. So I angerly lashed back out at them. Overtime I realized I simply wasn't aware that my words could hurt people's feelings. That not everyone was like me etc. I realized that even though I don't really care if people disagree with me, to stay in a community I had to learn to talk better and be "nicer". This moment happened when I was 22, and my transition into a better person began. The forum I joined next was an LGBT forum, and I thought since everyone there seemed nice I could learn from them. Boy was I surprised that it turned out to be an act for most people. I also realized that my political beliefs were different (Libertarian capitalist). And I wasn't even into politics then. So once again people thought I was a monster, but I didn't give up and fought till I was infamous and successful on that forum. Even though I was socially retarded, I managed to win a moderator election on an LGBT forum as an outted Trump supporter. Id say that is a significant acheivement. Eventually though, the forum turned to shit and I decided to leave. I was surprised people were sad to see me go, as Ive for so long expected people to not care about me. It was a learning experience.

The majority of what I learned in forums, translated really well to real life socializing to my surprise. I found talking to be much easier, and I no longer had anxiety about it. Id say the dams kinda broke and now I cannot shut up. :p when you go 20 years with no one to talk to, it builds up. I turn 28 in like a week, so id say the last 6 years were well spent. Ive made drastic changes to my social skills, but have a lot of catching up to do.

So I simply ask people to be a bit patient with my stubborn and self-orientated personality. :)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Along the lines of the wisdom discussion.. it's difficult for me to decouple smarts and wisdom here. Because smart people can build self-serving mental models fed by shitty information. That's pretty stupid behavior, but maybe better or more accurately described as unwise. Maybe stupid people do it more, though.

Basically, having a preference for the stuff but being really bad at it. It's one of many avenues toward (as [MENTION=35079]Tina&Jane[/MENTION] says) being ignorant and narrow-minded.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They would only focus on "NT" aspects. Overemphasize logic, and they will probably have a low EQ. They can shun emotions, and that ironically makes them less logical since they aren't aware of their own emotions as much. When you are unaware of your own emotions then they rule your life more.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
There are some on this website. It produces a very stupid, overly simplified understanding of any theory or situation using generalised "logic" (often comes with biases and logical fallacies), but they lack the self-awareness to actually improve or know it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One that is interesting, complex, and plausible.

Oh, like the secret government agency that investigates UFOs. I even uncovered footage captured by the intrepid, courageous Gerry Anderson.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, like the secret government agency that investigates UFOs. I even uncovered footage captured by the intrepid, courageous Gerry Anderson.
More like the theory that Pope John Paul I was assassinated by the mafia at the behest of certain conservative cardinals who feared he would implement reforms they disapproved of.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More like the theory that Pope John Paul I was assassinated by the mafia at the behest of certain conservative cardinals who feared he would implement reforms they disapproved of.

Yah, dint ya see godfather part 3?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The guy or gal who is really smart and quirky in their little shitpile of a hometown, yet was too stupid or lazy to ever leave and accomplish anything notable or worthwhile. Probably smart enough to climb the ladder at their shit job from factory grunt to office work, but it is still a shit underpaid job and not much to brag about

- - - Updated - - -

The guy who starts stupid threads like this.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Define "stupid" though? I mean if the definition of "intelligence" is as debatable and controversial as it is (multiple intelligences, etc.), doesn't "stupidity" intrinsically become the same? I think it's a little linear in thinking to say "This NT is smart bc of this, and this NT is stupid if they do this." Not only that, but then if you apply it to NTs then you also have to apply that same rule to all other people it can apply to, including those of other types, which means that suddenly you're no longer dealing with "NT Stupid" but rather, "overall stupid" as a standalone definition that really doesn't have much to do with MBTI anymore.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
They would only focus on "NT" aspects. Overemphasize logic, and they will probably have a low EQ. They can shun emotions, and that ironically makes them less logical since they aren't aware of their own emotions as much. When you are unaware of your own emotions then they rule your life more.
I don't think that makes an NT "stupid" but I do agree that it's a poor way of handling emotions and does cause them to rule your life more. Sometimes it's actually from childhood trauma, also. This is known to be something adults who experienced childhood trauma do if you read about symptoms, so I don't see how it's NT stupidity at all. It's also correlated with some of the Enneagram types in some cases...particularly 7s and 9s, not sure if any others...meaning, non NT 7 or 9 might also do it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm. After reading through the responses, I'm thinking a better question might have been "what would an unwise NT look like?"

I've seen quite a bit of intelligent but rather unwise and narrow-minded, stubborn NTs, a few on this very forum. (please, nobody take this as an indictment of anyone responding to this particular thread, that isn't the case)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Define "stupid" though? I mean if the definition of "intelligence" is as debatable and controversial as it is (multiple intelligences, etc.), doesn't "stupidity" intrinsically become the same?
At the risk of a bit of a tangent, I take issue with this whole notion of "multiple intelligences". While those other so-called "intelligences" are valuable, they are not intelligence by any conventional definition. They are their own qualities: things like wisdom, empathy, physical grace/ability, artistic ability, etc. The problem isn't failing to call them by the wrong name, but rather overemphasizing/over-valuing conventional intelligence in comparison.