• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What would a stupid NT look like?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah! You've got them all pegged!

ha what can I say? But you know the type, right? They are usually fairly intellectual and curious but they lack much original thought or critical thinking. They can spout sources and theories but have difficulty applying and extrapolating them to other contexts.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ha what can I say? But you know the type, right? They are usually fairly intellectual and curious but they lack much original thought or critical thinking.

Yes, I know the type. It blows my mind every time I see one, though.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Oh, a low IQ NT looks like me :D

JK. In all seriousness though, according to Linda Silverman, someone who specializes in Gifted Students...INFP is the standard gifted child. I haven't done my own research in this department because IQ is menial. I think there is something slight to IQ simply because someone intelligent will naturally do better just as retardation is a thing, they're not going to get a score of 160...but so much is relative to external / environmental, and what they are actually testing you on. Someone might be terrible with numbers, but you test their pattern recognition with numbers, that's...not going to work for everyone, and there are intelligences that are not measured. If IQ is this unreliable, I don't see much reason to correlate it with MBTI.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A stupid NT? That’s easy to spot.

They beat dead horses thinking they’re giving them CPR.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh, a low IQ NT looks like me :D

JK. In all seriousness though, according to Linda Silverman, someone who specializes in Gifted Students...INFP is the standard gifted child. I haven't done my own research in this department because IQ is menial. I think there is something slight to IQ simply because someone intelligent will naturally do better just as retardation is a thing, they're not going to get a score of 160...but so much is relative to external / environmental, and what they are actually testing you on. Someone might be terrible with numbers, but you test their pattern recognition with numbers, that's...not going to work for everyone, and there are intelligences that are not measured. If IQ is this unreliable, I don't see much reason to correlate it with MBTI.

I agree that IQ is really dubious, but people could say the same thing about MBTI, and lots of people already have.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I have a son in the gifted program. I am pretty sure he's an NF, it's been pretty obvious since he was very little. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if (and I hope) he surpasses me eventually. Anyway, he probably got his smarts from his mom. That's like science or something, that kids get their intelligence from their moms and none from their dads. It is known, I saw it in the internet.

I have to disagree based on subjective experience, dad brother and I all had IQ in genius range and my mom is....God help her. Not saying it to be mean, but intelligence is not one of her stronger qualities. Same with my grandmother on my father's side, but my grandfather on his side was brilliant.

Personally I don't claim to be that intelligent, especially considering I never did much with whatever they said I had tbh.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Both of my parents are nothing short of genius, and even though I have an IQ of 140, I'm a beautiful dumbass

I don’t have any impressive numbers to show off. I have a barely above average IQ and frankly- whatever. I’ve seen so-called intellectual superiors absolutely waste their lives and potential and I’ve seen Mensa snobs wall themselves into a tower of self imposed ignorance through their arrogance. It’s like they say about many things in life- it’s not the size that matters but what you do with it that counts. So that mental midget bagging your groceries may not discover a cure for cancer but he may just touch a lot of people’s lives in positive ways by being a kind gentle soul. Meanwhile, his genius neighbor’s only claim to fame is people commenting on what a know it all douchebag he is and how much they dread interacting with him.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mensa is a joke

I get that *maybe* by joining one then has a whole slew of people to meet and bond with and interact with on a similar intellectual / speed of processing level, ie it's an easy way to meet ppl with that commonality, but at the same time it has never made much sense to me because one can just as easily ping those sorts of connections irl, just may not happen as frequently or with as much ... density of people. But to me the people in mensa would instead be much more likely to exhibit the same sort of It's-important-to-me-to-let-everyone-know-how-intelligent-i-am personality characteristics -- and that characteristic would be repugnant to me and would totally offset the cognitive element.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I get that *maybe* by joining one then has a whole slew of people to meet and bond with and interact with on a similar intellectual / speed of processing level, ie it's an easy way to meet ppl with that commonality, but at the same time it has never made much sense to me because one can just as easily ping those sorts of connections irl, just may not happen as frequently or with as much ... density of people. But to me the people in mensa would instead be much more likely to exhibit the same sort of It's-important-to-me-to-let-everyone-know-how-intelligent-i-am personality characteristics -- and that characteristic would be repugnant to me and would totally offset the cognitive element.

It's a wonderful idea in theory, but self-righteousness is the nature any group like that will always fall back on.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a stupid mentally ill NT.

I blame my parents for stunting my growth.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They definitely exist. Usually they believe in moronic conspiracy theories or have no sense of irony with regards to the contradictions between their own beliefs and their actual actions and attitudes.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree with the highlighted. It is not easy in RL to meet people with that commonality. It is rare, and I treasure those occasions when they occur. (For the record, I don't belong to mensa and never was tested for entry.) I do agree with the underlined, though. Better simply to use your intelligence, whatever level it is. That will become evident to others as need and occasion arises, without need for bragging or labelling.

They definitely exist. Usually they believe in moronic conspiracy theories or have no sense of irony with regards to the contradictions between their own beliefs and their actual actions and attitudes.
As opposed to the intelligent NTs who believe in clever and intriguing conspiracy theories, and readily indulge in irony.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As opposed to the intelligent NTs who believe in clever and intriguing conspiracy theories, and readily indulge in irony.

What's an intelligent conspiracy theory? One that actually happened?