• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What music genre(s) do you listen to?

What music genre(s) do you listen to?

• Total voters

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see no option for film score music or vaporwave.

I checked nearly every box. Except for R and B, just because my knowledge of current R and B trends and styles is very limited.

So I like some music from each genre, but I do not like most of the music from any one genre, if that makes sense.

Hope this isn’t type specific? Not even sure what section this in. I’m INFP.

edit: okay cool

Rock n roll (and a million sub genres), Blues, Jazz, electronic music (again many offshoots), Classical, Ancient, Reggae, World. Really everything but Rap, Country, and Boy Band bubblegum pop. One moment it could be Glenn Miller the next KMFDM or Hildegard of Bingen. Music is the food of the soul. Variety in diet for continued health.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an introvert, and I listen to none of the above (at least the poll options).

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Introverted rocker here!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
EDM can be such a general indicator of course a subcategory of electronica, but there is so much stigma behind what is considered EDM.

Whenever I tell someone I listen to EDM - they instantly either think of modular synthetic wave like sounds just over and over again (aka Techno.) Or the mainstream loud and harmonic sounds with a chipmunk screaming every now and then.

Like if you say you know what EDM is and haven't even heard of Skrillex. I'm like yeah, this person is only saying it just to have the appearance of being in the know. :\ Too many of them out there, those silly people who wear shirts of bands that only society says that is cool, and don't know the music themselves.

There's so much more, and when I meet someone who knows their subgenres, they're serious and they actually use the search bar for artists other than what their friends or the TV tells them to find.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
impressionism , Jazz , bossa nova , south american folklore and eveything bewteen.
I mostly like complex harmonies , even minor second and shit xD ( xenakis , ligeti ,ect.).

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Yeah , This poll just have mainsteam popular "white music" . That is just the 5% or less of the world.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introvert. Voted for metal, rock and pop.

When it comes to subgenres, my favorites are melodic death metal, gothic metal, alternative metal, and metalcore.

Eftelya

Introvert, and in all honesty, none of the genres above pique my interest.

I prefer indie, indie pop, dream pop, new-age. Soft, calm, slow, melancholic music is more mine. And classical music as well. Examples: Lana Del Rey, The Neighbourhood, Angus & Julia Stone, Sleeping At Last, The xx, Bon Iver, Enya etc. Though I like some goth rock/metal and alternative rock bands as well. Evanescence, Linkin Park (....). :blush:

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Folk, classical, jazz, rock, 80's/early 90's indie pop, shoegaze, metal, old-school hip hop, electronic (not EDM).

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neofolk, new age, classical, neoclassical, Medieval/Renaissance, punk, post-punk/goth, new wave, ethereal, ethnic, electro swing, early jazz, some old hip hoppy stuff, trip hop, novelty/humor/gag like Spike Jones, cute folk (?) from the turn of the 20th century.

*Introvert

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am introvert, and I like indie music, ost, orchestral, and pretty much everything but rap and country.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I generally just listen to lots of types of music, but I notice I tend to like electronica a lot, particularly electropop.

Aside from that, JPop / JRock in general, lots of instrumentals, I enjoy styles like Hans Zimmer's or Koji Kondo (think Legend of Zelda).

rav3n

An ambivert who listens to most genres except for country and hiphop/rap.

Herwig

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Techno is popular enough for being part of the poll. I don't really like every techno, but some specifc electronic genres.

Jaguar

I'll listen to anything except hip hop shit which unfortunately has been too pervasive. Christ, what happened to the music industry?

Connoisseur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Metal and gangsta rap, anything that'll make me feel "something". There's enough boring, ordinary sh!# in the world.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Metal and gangsta rap, anything that'll make me feel something more "extreme".

Haha that was me in high school.

Nowadays I listen to mostly pop music, and some religious metal (Batushka, Orphaned Land).

Oh, and Gregorian Chant.