• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Villain archetypes by MBTI type

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Requested by [MENTION=36912]Icedream[/MENTION]:

Post your ideas on what kind of villain each MBTI type would be. Examples, descriptions, theories, pictures . . . all fair game.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've seen Hitler classically typed as INFJ, but there is a theory that he was actually a very unhealthy ENFP.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For once I concur with the choice for an INFP villain. I think they have to be idealists gone horribly wrong. Usually a slow decline into darkness. He’s a sick puppy but he honestly believes he’s a crusader for a better world. I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Daredevil.

Edit: I should clarify I’m talking about Wilson Fisk from Daredevil.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFP villain would be me.

And lol now Im done with the evil frosty jokes- for THIS thread

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen Hitler classically typed as INFJ, but there is a theory that he was actually a very unhealthy ENFP.
It's possible. I've never really seen the INFJ typing for Hitler as working. I really just don't see him as any of the NF types. None of them just seem to fit in my honest opinion.

Then at certain levels of destructiveness, people can become unrecognizable.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought Moriarty was an INTJ, at least the classic version from Doyle.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect INFJ villains, and perhaps ENFJ also, would be something like religious zealots, who want to impose their own social and moral order on everyone. I put Voldemort into this category. His plans are either too crude or too convoluted ever to work well, and he seems driven more by the whole notion of blood purity rather than any structural vision of how the would should be.

For another Harry Potter example, I see Bellatrix LeStrange as an ESFP, whose evil manifests in hurting people for the sheer thrill and enjoyment of it.

Lib

Permabanned
I suspect INFJ villains, and perhaps ENFJ also, would be something like religious zealots, who want to impose their own social and moral order on everyone. I put Voldemort into this category. His plans are either too crude or too convoluted ever to work well, and he seems driven more by the whole notion of blood purity rather than any structural vision of how the would should be.
I've always thought Voldemort is mostly ENTJ. He is too focused on the technical part (Te), where obviously his strength lies, and too little on the people factor to be an NF. The horcrux idea was pretty good when you think about it, and in fact the connection between him and Harry was the only reason he failed.

It's a misconception that xNTJ can't have anger issues and irrational drives. As if Ni can't be irrational.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I always view INFJ as leader and masterminds with their preference for Ni and can command an entire group. They are in tolerate with those who are different than them because their preference for Fe. Because of their preference for Fe, they don't like anybody who doesn't conform to social values and norms. They might give the death penalty to those who go against from the norm similar to what the middle east does.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

A bit of conversation fuel - an analysis on a blog on this topic. I like that the author couldn't come up with much for my type, but then came across this wonderful little description on a separate site: ISFP: Clayface, “Batman: The Animated Series” – Heroes & Villains of MBTI

ISFP self-destruct mode. Definitely could see that happening...

Btw, I can't see Harley Quinn as an ISFP - a little too loud and crazy. Maybe more like an ESFP or ENFP? (I did see that one of the charts typed her as an ENFP and it seems about right to me. Could be wrong, though :) )

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always thought Voldemort is mostly ENTJ. He is too focused on the technical part (Te), where obviously his strength lies, and too little on the people factor to be an NF. The horcrux idea was pretty good when you think about it, and in fact the connection between him and Harry was the only reason he failed.
That's the thing, though, Voldemort never struck me as particularly focused on the technical part. The horcrux idea is OK as a last resort but rather impractical and alot of work. It's the sort of thing T comes up with tert/inf position. In any case, that was only to ensure his own continued existence, but to do what? His broader goals, the way he wanted to shape the world, were very Fe based, related to his imposing his own moral order on everyone else, rooted in notions of blood purity and roles and expectations. He knows plenty about the people factor, which comes through in how he manipulates others to do what he wants, and is able to play on their fears and desires. He is the goal-oriented, big-picture counterpart to Bellatrix, who is driven by the process of making others suffer and the enjoyment it brings in the moment.

Lib

Permabanned
That's the thing, though, Voldemort never struck me as particularly focused on the technical part. The horcrux idea is OK as a last resort but rather impractical and alot of work. It's the sort of thing T comes up with tert/inf position. In any case, that was only to ensure his own continued existence, but to do what? His broader goals, the way he wanted to shape the world, were very Fe based, related to his imposing his own moral order on everyone else, rooted in notions of blood purity and roles and expectations. He knows plenty about the people factor, which comes through in how he manipulates others to do what he wants, and is able to play on their fears and desires. He is the goal-oriented, big-picture counterpart to Bellatrix, who is driven by the process of making others suffer and the enjoyment it brings in the moment.
It's an interesting perspective until one compares Voldemort to Hitler. There are certainly similarities between the two villains but I see this as pronounced Ni, while the ways they accomplish their goals are distinctively different. Hitler's greatest weapon is his charisma and the ability to resonate with others, using the mood of the crowd (Fe) - he has no other 'power' apart from being strategic and determined (Ni). Voldemort weapon is his technical skills (Te), which makes him the greatest wizard of his time. These technical skills secure his power independent on others' moods since he could eliminate pretty much anyone who stands in his way. His idea is to rule with fear and dominance, not through admiration, which preference is very ENTJ-like, and live forever, while the hate for muggles comes to a large extend from the typical ENTJ-ish arrogance to the much inferior ones.

He absolutely lacks Fe in my opinion. One thing that explains his logically inferior motives is the lack of Fe and inferior Fi, because F generally are aware of their own feelings and drives, while a typical Te would avoid exploring these at all cost. (He reminds me of Khan in this regard.) Many NT seem to be affected by their irrational side without knowing it or being able to control it.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
An ENTP would, in my opinion, be a really interesting villain. Their extraverted intuition would give them incredible ideas to follow, which their introverted thinking would make possible to realize. An ENTP would likely be very manipulative due to their extraverted feelings, because they would be able to understand and empathize with their own victims. This makes them especially dangerous. They can appear charming, kind and lovely, when in the inside they are thinking about how they could make you suffer. I think an ENTP villain would gain the trust of others, then betray them in a spectacular, theatrical way. I also think that in their past, they would have been kind people, but due to a tragic event, they would become villainous.

In my opinion, ENTPs are the best kind of villain, followed by INTJs.

examles:
Furuta Nimura aka Kichimura Washuu
tumblr_inline_ov1q9nWpMV1rharm7_500.png

Hans Landa
hanslanda-810x425.jpg

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ENTP would, in my opinion, be a really interesting villain. Their extraverted intuition would give them incredible ideas to follow, which their introverted thinking would make possible to realize. An ENTP would likely be very manipulative due to their extraverted feelings, because they would be able to understand and empathize with their own victims. This makes them especially dangerous. They can appear charming, kind and lovely, when in the inside they are thinking about how they could make you suffer. I think an ENTP villain would gain the trust of others, then betray them in a spectacular, theatrical way. I also think that in their past, they would have been kind people, but due to a tragic event, they would become villainous.

In my opinion, ENTPs are the best kind of villain, followed by INTJs.

:horror: Better make sure we don't let our ENTPs get to that point!

Amberiat

Infinity
ENFJs typically don't get credits past the super creepy cult leader type but I think they'd make pretty cool covert villains as well, you know that stunningly beautiful blonde who gives off a dangerous aura but you still can't help but stare at her, the one who holds a knife to your throat or a gun to your head with a charming smile and then starts making threats with a whisper-y voice which both terrifies you and enchants you at the same time? That's one of the ways I can see an ENFJ villain, the perfect cobra, the ultimate femme fatale. Male ENFJ villains would be somewhat similar, exceptionally charming dream man who seems to be perfect in every aspect but behind the curtains he's a sick mastermind maneuvering the entire world around him.

Am I giving ENFJs too much credit?

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ENFJs typically don't get credits past the super creepy cult leader type but I think they'd make pretty cool covert villains as well, you know that stunningly beautiful blonde who gives off a dangerous aura but you still can't help but stare at her, the one who holds a knife to your throat or a gun to your head with a charming smile and then starts making threats with a whisper-y voice which both terrifies you and enchants you at the same time? That's one of the ways I can see an ENFJ villain, the perfect cobra, the ultimate femme fatale. Male ENFJ villains would be somewhat similar, exceptionally charming dream man who seems to be perfect in every aspect but behind the curtains he's a sick mastermind maneuvering the entire world around him.

Am I giving ENFJs too much credit?

Perfect! That's pretty accurate
I think another villain archetype for ENFJs would be the one who works as a right hand or prominent figure for the main villain, and then usurps the villain and takes their place when it matters the most.