• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Istp nerdy/goofy

DarthMaul

I myself feel stuck between estp and istp except for the fact that I'm a avid fantasy/sci fi reader, d&d player,gamer, and I love fantasy and sci fi lore. I'm a movie buff and I quote movies all the time for fun or just because. I have useless movie trivia and facts stored in my memory.
The other thing I've been called goofy by those close to me. I like just making people laugh, joke and prank people. I sing to my baby daughter in weird funny voices to get her to laugh. I sing out loud in general for a rise and its fun. I play air guitar still cause I enjoy it. (I play music actual bass and guitar and listen to music most 6of my day) but I nerve see istp descriptions as goofy.
Can istp be goofy and geeky or even artsy for that matter?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course STPs can be artsy and goofy and geeky. Personality also does not dictate interests.

My Dad is an ISTP, and I would not call him a geek. But he can be rather goofy, and definitely has a distinctive sense of humor. No type is serious all the time.

AnnaSarita

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I would suggest you to watch this about video estp YouTube and this one about istp YouTube
you said they you are gamer and those guys making videos with additional info about gaming preferences. maybe it will help you :wubbie:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I myself feel stuck between estp and istp except for the fact that I'm a avid fantasy/sci fi reader, d&d player,gamer, and I love fantasy and sci fi lore. I'm a movie buff and I quote movies all the time for fun or just because. I have useless movie trivia and facts stored in my memory. The other thing I've been called goofy by those close to me. I like just making people laugh, joke and prank people. I sing to my baby daughter in weird funny voices to get her to laugh. I sing out loud in general for a rise and its fun. I play air guitar still cause I enjoy it. (I play music actual bass and guitar and listen to music most 6of my day) but I nerve see istp descriptions as goofy. Can istp be goofy and geeky or even artsy for that matter?
ISTPs can often do or be anything. Ones that I know are good across the board, including in art, language, sport and technical things. They just seem to take up new interests and master them.

I wouldn't say they are traditionally geeky, more a bit Indiana Jones type geeky. Out taking risks and doing exciting new things like many SPs, but also really knowing their stuff and the technical side.

How did you arrive at ESTP or ISTP?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
You could try to distinguish by your inferior function. What types of people do you find it hardest with?

ISTP can find some F types a bit frustrating, while ESTP might struggle more with the abstract conceptual types.

Sci fi and fantasy seems a bit more in the ISTP realm.