• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's better to be a female INTJ than a male one.

rav3n

Let us not use logic in numbers alone, for if it was of any aid, it would've had unsealed all the secrets of human psyche, which is not the case.

The wisdom of yore.

We are biased creatures. We shouldn't portray ourselves as if we're going to display the same sort of love for all those we love. With different people, we have different kinds of relationships. We tend to warm up to some quickly, while others might invoke aversion in us on a subconscious level without even having the time to think about the reaction. Women do not like to be harassed, -no one like to be harassed for that matter- but if the right person approached men or women the right way, depending on the situation, there might be a yes, just like there might be a no.

The rate of rejection always stands, as does the rate of success.

In your mind, entertaining an endeavor where there's a rate of failure is something not worth entertaining. You would likely weigh the pros and cons of every situation and take it from there. For others, fierce as they are, they will take all their chances in style.

I picked up women I don't even remember the name while they're shouting "This is crazy, I never did something like this" inside the car...etc...etc.

Someone might seem "uninterested" from afar, but once you approach them they might let their guard down and become flirty...etc...etc.

Calculations alone should not be the sole asset.
You be you, then. Hassling chicks who aren't interested.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
One guy was so amused by it all, he made all his friends give me their numbers too.

Does that give you ANY indication on how that man viewed you?

While I disagree with how easy bechimo makes it sound in the post you were responding to, Edgar...

You're delusional if you think it's always easy for women to find someone they want to be with, and then - what? They're supposed to sit back or play games to ensure they get pursued? Or they have to risk rejection just like men do when pursuing women.

I think you misread my post and added all sorts of things to it that weren't there. My only comment is that it's a lot easier for a woman to pick up men in a bar than it is for a man to pick up women.

rav3n

Does that give you ANY indication on how that man viewed you?
It sounds like you've interpreted this in your own speshul way. Did you take into consideration that I was honest with the guys about why I was doing this or did that aspect fly in one ear, forever lost in the void?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
It sounds like you've interpreted this in your own speshul way. Did you take into consideration that I was honest with the guys about why I was doing this or did that aspect fly in one ear, forever lost in the void?

Your whole experiment sounds very "speshul". So did you go out to a local watering hole and started asking random dudes for numbers to prove to "angsty males in cyberspace" of how easy it is to get women's numbers? Or did you go out to a local watering hole and told a bunch of random dudes that you want to get their numbers to prove "angsty males in cyberspace" of how easy it is to get women's numbers?

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'll never understand narcissism, as a generality.

Words are but a vessel.
Whether in our minds we're associating narcissism with confidence, or with self-appreciation, the nomenclature brings confusion.
I would say, it depends whether it is the nefarious kind or not. In my personal case, I subscribe to an act of gratitude and acknowledgment for who we are, for everything we have and have been through good and bad.

In the psychological spectrum, there are narcissistic people who wage psychological wars against their loved ones, victimizing others, never taking responsibility for any of their vices, aching to be the center of the attention, jealous of those who take it from them, vindictive, manipulative, and devoid of passion.

In other schools of thought, there are other people who learned how to appreciate themselves, and appreciate others as well.

Healthy egoism is necessary. One that tells you that you're not superior than others, and that you're not inferior than others, either.

rav3n

Your whole experiment sounds very "speshul". So did you go out to a local watering hole and started asking random dudes for numbers to prove to "angsty males in cyberspace" of how easy it is to get women's numbers? Or did you go out to a local watering hole and told a bunch of random dudes that you want to get their numbers to prove "angsty males in cyberspace" of how easy it is to get women's numbers?
It was interesting, to say the least, and something well worth the experience. 10/10, would do again if I were single.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You be you, then. Hassling chicks who aren't interested.

It's not as if people have signs on their foreheads that flash Yes or No to clearly indicate interest. What's wrong with respectfully approaching someone you think is interesting, whether or not they are clearly interested in you also? There are plenty of reasons they may not clearly show interest, and like Sacrophagus said, approaching someone in the right way might produce a yes or it might produce a no. There are too many variables to list, but aren't some of them obvious? They didn't notice you. They're shy. You can't read them as well as you think you can. Their signals of attraction are different from yours.

Most importantly: Approaching others who aren't clearly interested doesn't automatically equal harassment.

rav3n

It's not as if people have signs on their foreheads that flashes Yes or No to clearly indicate interest. What's wrong with respectfully approaching someone you think is interesting, whether or not they are clearly interested in you also? There are plenty of reasons they may not clearly show interest, and like Sacrophagus said, approaching someone in the right way might produce a yes or it might produce a no. There are too many variables to list, but aren't some of them obvious? They didn't notice you. They're shy. You can't read them as well as you think you can. Their signals of attraction are different from yours.

Most importantly: Approaching others who aren't clearly interested doesn't automatically equal harassment.
Is this about dating or connecting for friendship? Most certainly, if you're blurring the lines, I'd agree. But when it comes to dating, why hit on people who don't evidence interest?

When you're in a club/bar environment and there are hundreds of people around, why not walk around to see who's noticing and evidencing interest? From there, you can decide who you might like to target and do so. It's an efficient way to handle things and also, reduces uncomfortable situations where you're perceived as harassing people. It's a sign of respect that you respect their non-verbal communications to you, that of disinterest. Also, if someone hasn't noticed you and they look interesting, you can get their attention without needing to talk to them. An example would be that if they're sitting or leaning on the bar, you can order a drink between them and whomever is next to them. When they look, which they will since they'll hear your voice, make eye contact then and you won't need to hassle them to know if they're interested or not.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this about dating or connecting for friendship? Most certainly, if you're blurring the lines, I'd agree. But when it comes to dating, why hit on people who don't evidence interest?

When you're in a club/bar environment and there are hundreds of people around, why not walk around to see who's noticing and evidencing interest? From there, you can decide who you might like to target and do so. It's an efficient way to handle things and also, reduces uncomfortable situations where you're perceived as harassing people. It's a sign of respect that you respect their non-verbal communications to you, that of disinterest. Also, if someone hasn't noticed you and they look interesting, you can get their attention without needing to talk to them. An example would be that if they're sitting or leaning on the bar, you can order a drink between them and whomever is next to them. When they look, which they will since they'll hear your voice, make eye contact then and you won't need to hassle them to know if they're interested or not.

Too much Te... cannot compute... shutting down...

;)

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
It's not as if people have signs on their foreheads that flash Yes or No to clearly indicate interest. What's wrong with respectfully approaching someone you think is interesting, whether or not they are clearly interested in you also? There are plenty of reasons they may not clearly show interest, and like Sacrophagus said, approaching someone in the right way might produce a yes or it might produce a no. There are too many variables to list, but aren't some of them obvious? They didn't notice you. They're shy. You can't read them as well as you think you can. Their signals of attraction are different from yours.

Holy. Dat Fi had me like daayum.

I honestly can't help it. It's how I tick. It's also Ni, Se and Fi, if you consider it.

bechimo, that's alright. You're allowed to take your own research and theory and apply it. Provided the circumstances to conduct such an experiment unfold themselves, you might've taken note of many other existing patterns. I don't suspect you're a fool who would miss that.

Too much Te... cannot compute... shutting down...

;)

*whispers in Luminous' ear*
I was like "bechimo should not be this stupid. Please, God. Not bechimo. Don't take her away from us. *hits his head against the wall*"

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm reporting you to the humane society.

I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying it happens is all...
I personally would never fuck a walrus. Maybe a giant panda. But even then, it wouldn't be about sexual gratification, it would be strictly about power.

rav3n

bechimo, that's alright. You're allowed to take your own research and theory and apply it. Provided the circumstances to conduct such an experiment unfold themselves, you might've taken note of many other existing patterns. I don't suspect you're a fool who would miss that.
I did and they worked great with a zero rejection rate, no awkward conversations or situations. I think a lot of people try the scatter gun tactic and annoy a lot of people where if they simply paid attention to body language and facial expressions, there would be a lot less angst and more connections.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I did and they worked great with a zero rejection rate, no awkward conversations or situations. I think a lot of people try the scatter gun tactic and annoy a lot of people where if they simply paid attention to body language and facial expressions, there would be a lot less angst and more connections.

Oh god. I think it's time I kill you.
[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION], prepare the canons.
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION], let us pray for her soul. Take the lead, we'll just lip sync to whatever those things you're going to say.

rav3n

Oh god. I think it's time I kill you.

[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION], prepare the canons.

[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION], let us pray for her soul. Take the lead, we'll just lip sync to whatever those things you're going to say.
Too often, guys bitch about women being bitchy to them when they approach, when the ladies aren't interested. Why do you suppose this happens? It's not for fun, that's for sure.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Too often, guys bitch about women being bitchy to them when they approach, when the ladies aren't interested. Why do you suppose this happens? It's not for fun, that's for sure.

The guys who bitch about women being bitchy when they approach them should not fucking do that in the first place. Only sore losers and insecure guys react that way.

I mentioned "good sport" before being one of the qualities of a man who wants to venture there.

This is really a very long subject. Especially since it seemed you're unable to connect the dots yet. We'll let it sink for later, though.